PDA

View Full Version : Hey Tony Cottman

turbofan
24th May 2011, 22:25
If Danica is going NASCAR racing do we still have time to pump up the new cars to 700-900 hp so we can really go racing?

SoCalPVguy
24th May 2011, 22:43
Hey Tony Cotman !!
If you want real racing on "the up and up" please ban ride buying after qualifications are complete !!!

Add your "Hey Tony Cotman1" comment

tillyvick14
24th May 2011, 22:57
Hey Tony Cotman!!

If aero kits are not introduced next season the loyal (read long suffering) Indycar fanbase will finally reach its breaking point. We want diversity and competition and we want it now! I know you are on board with this idea but you must explain the dire consequences of failing to adopt aero kits to the spoiled rotten owners (read Roger Penske)!

call_me_andrew
25th May 2011, 02:08
If Danica is going NASCAR racing do we still have time to pump up the new cars to 700-900 hp so we can really go racing?

I think you've mistaken Danica Patrick for Milka Duno.

elan 02
25th May 2011, 05:18
Pump it up and bring on the new aero kits like you (Randy) have been leading us on ,waiting ( not waffling) about. This coming year is what we have been waiting for. New cars from race 1 2012 ,not 2013. You said that was it. now you backpeddle, Everything you worked for the last 1.5 years will blow-up in your face and you mite look for a new crowd to lie to.

jimispeed
25th May 2011, 06:25
Sorry folks, but I think the 2012 plans are soon to be out the window! It's May 24th 2011, and I have yet to see a car on the track, a blueprint of a turbo engine or windtunnel testing results etc......

I can only base my opinion by what I remember another great American open wheel series doing with their new chassis program.

It just looks grim to me, and I have been waiting patiently with optimism.

I hope it happens, but if it doesn't, one more year is too late!!

Hey Tony Cottman!! Get it done now!! although I can't see it

chuck34
25th May 2011, 14:28
Sorry folks, but I think the 2012 plans are soon to be out the window! It's May 24th 2011, and I have yet to see a car on the track, a blueprint of a turbo engine or windtunnel testing results etc......

I can only base my opinion by what I remember another great American open wheel series doing with their new chassis program.

So your only data point seems to be the DP01? Do you have any idea of the time tables from back when chassis changed every year? This can be done.

Chris R
25th May 2011, 15:04
Thy have plenty of time - new F1 cars are not "out" until January or February each year.... They are not re-inventing the wheel so there should be no real issues if they are where they say they are... They have the mockups at the track and have indicated the safety cells have been tested (I think).... concern is justified - but not time to panic....

turbofan
25th May 2011, 20:43
I think you've mistaken Danica Patrick for Milka Duno.

Milka isn't driving this year so we can quit bagging on her. Bullrider should understand that the PBR wouldn't be what it is if the greatest riders in the world were riding Holstein cows. The bulls are bred to be the best in the world for the best riders in the world. If you watch it the riders and bulls are both stars of the sport. If the riders were unable to ride the bulls it would be over, if the riders rode every bull it would be over. They constantly push one another. Give us fast cars that only the best can handle. Talk about the cars and drivers not drivers and dancing.

Jag_Warrior
25th May 2011, 20:47
I could probably try to Google it, but some of you fellows probably know right off the bat: what's the minimum weight of the new car under the new (2012) regulations? Is it any lighter?

Hoop-98
25th May 2011, 23:37
About 150 pounds lighter, potentially we could have the best P/W ratio ever (not counting P2p or Q engines, sustained race power) but time will tell...

My guess is that we will have new RC track records, not oval ones.

rh

nigelred5
26th May 2011, 03:04
I seem to recall a report a few weeks back that Honda had already tested a version of their V6 turbo. No Idea about Chevy(ILMOR) or Lotus(Judd).

I wouldn't necessarily compare the production capacities of Dallara and Panoz. Dallara builds a whole lot of cars, and for all we know, they could have 3 dozen tubs already built. I've never heard any complaints about the quality of what Dallara produces, and I doubt the initial run of chassis will be built entirely at the Indy facility so I really wouldn't factor in teh state of the construction on the new facility. I agree with Chuck34, they used to design and manufacture new CART chassis every year. Granted there were usually at least two manufacturers, however they still managed. There's nothing really innovative about the actual chassis or drivetrain design, it's just new. CF manufacturing technology is also far faster than it was even 5 years ago.

Of course they could also have absolutely NOTHING, but computer files and plan on minimal testing of an actual car. I think Virgin has proven that even that is entirely feasible to do. I venture to say Nick Wirth's design would have probably outrun the Dallara on a road course the first day on track.

Hey Tony..... PUH-LEASE tell me those two cars were mock ups of initial designs and not reresentative of the final product from Dallara!

Wilf
26th May 2011, 03:24

They plan on testing the tub and several Dallara kits in August. I believe you will see some other kits shortly thereafter.

Jag_Warrior
26th May 2011, 09:26
Thanks for the info, Hoop.

Wilf
26th May 2011, 18:47
They plan on testing the tub and several Dallara kits in August. I believe you will see some other kits shortly thereafter.

According to Mark Kent, director of GM Racing

"The development of the Chevrolet IndyCar engine is on schedule, and we have reached all of our development plan milestones to date," Kent said. "The research and design teams are working diligently to achieve the objectives and meet the demanding deadlines of this ambitious program.

"The initial design of the major components has been completed, and all of the components are currently in the process of being manufactured," he said. "The first fully functional Chevrolet IndyCar engine is scheduled to fire up in June, and we plan to begin track testing the Chevy twin-turbo V6 in the third quarter of 2011."

Mark in Oshawa
27th May 2011, 09:41
I am eagerly awaiting new engines..and the new chassis and kits. We need something new to add into the mix. Some competition between manufacturers and teams with different ideas. I will lay money Penske will do their own aero kit at some point...and try to get that "Unfair advantage". I suspect Roger is playing this delay thing like all the owners, but anyone who knows his MO knows he will also be planning to take advantage of it.

Bruce Alan Bohlander
2nd October 2011, 19:13
Hey Cottman,

The call u made againist Duarte F in the Firestone Indy Lights race at Kentucky flat out was a call only a clown would make. Did u graduate from the Brian Barnhart school of clown calls. That was good hard racing just, what fans like to see. I am a hard card holder. Go ahead and fine me. Duarte had more class in his television interview right after you black flagged him, than u had when u made that b.s. call.

Bruce Bohlander.

anthonyvop
2nd October 2011, 22:43
The biggest issue facing the new car is how to stop the "Flat out all the way around" racing like we just had in Kentucky!

The only skill involved was who can save the most P2P for the end. When Carpenter can win a race you know you have reached a new level of mediocrity.!!

FIAT1
3rd October 2011, 14:19
The biggest issue facing the new car is how to stop the "Flat out all the way around" racing like we just had in Kentucky!

The only skill involved was who can save the most P2P for the end. When Carpenter can win a race you know you have reached a new level of mediocrity.!!

Agree!

edv
3rd October 2011, 15:51
Hey Tony Cotman !!

Please give'em more horsepower than they'd ever need and less brake than they'd ever want.
I wanna see them lift or even brake for every corner on the ovals!
And greatly diminish the effect of 'aero-trimming' on lap times
And greatly increase the effect of 'courage' on lap times.

garyshell
3rd October 2011, 17:04
Hey Tony Cotman !!

Please give'em more horsepower than they'd ever need and less brake than they'd ever want.
I wanna see them lift or even brake for every corner on the ovals!
And greatly diminish the effect of 'aero-trimming' on lap times
And greatly increase the effect of 'courage' on lap times.

Can I get an "AMEN", brothers and sisters?

Gary

Chris R
3rd October 2011, 17:59
Can I get an "AMEN", brothers and sisters?

Gary
AMEN!!

Wilf
4th October 2011, 00:50

It is truly amazing how anyone, even a loser like Ed Carpenter, could ever lose a race at Kentucky. There is so little skill involved that a three time champion was the first loser.

And while we're at talking about losers . . . :rolleyes: