PDA

View Full Version : 2011 AMA Motocross...

gids73
23rd May 2011, 11:32
Watched some great motocrossing yesterday on Speed between Dungey, Villopoto & Reed, pity Stewart wasnt there...
Should be a great season, just like Supercross was!

Points...
http://www.australian-motorsport.com/index.php?page=ama-motocross-450

dabapro
26th May 2011, 09:41
That's awesome gids73

gids73
31st May 2011, 06:29
Another overall for Chad Reed on Twotwo motorsports Honda - terrible luck for Ryan dungey breaking down near the end with a big lead...
When is James Stewart going to race???

AMA Motocross 450 Points...
http://www.australian-motorsport.com/index.php?page=ama-motocross-450

gids73
14th June 2011, 06:31
Villopoto gets the overall at Highpoint from Dungey & Reed...

STANDINGS (after 3 of 12)

Chad Reed - 138
Ryan Villopoto - 123
Ryan Dungey - 111
David Millsaps - 104
Brett Metcalfe - 88
Kevin Windham - 76

gids73
5th July 2011, 10:27
Chad Reed wins at Red Bud - his 4th win of 2011... Close battle between the top 3!

James Stewart - where are you???

STANDINGS (after 6 of 12)

Chad Reed - 268
Ryan Villopoto - 252
Ryan Dungey - 246
Brett Metcalfe - 178
David Millsaps - 173
Kevin Windham - 172

NinjaMaster
5th July 2011, 14:08
2011 continues to be brilliant as the AMA offroaders head outdoors. Reed has usually been more of a supercross rider in the past so to be consistently winning races against Villopoto and Dungey is a big feather in his cap. Still, he has to keep it going because the two Ryans are looking like getting stronger and stronger as the year progresses. Stoked for Metty having a strong run at Red Bud too, nice to see him backing up last years second place in the title strongly.
I watched some of this race on tv on the weekend and was really disappointed for Josh Grant. He was riding after having hurt his knee the week prior (and was recommended surgery) and to see the agony on his face when he had to pull in during the second race, my heart really went out too him. He was winning races two years ago but had a knee reco last year and I think needs another one on his other leg.
James Stewart is an enigma. I figured he must've been injured from his fall at the last SX round but it seems he's just been sitting out and is gonna ride in some electric dirtbike comp with $1mil prize money on offer. Not sure his heart's in it anymore, perhaps needs a change of colours.
Speaking of a change of colours, French gun Christophe Pourcel, has found a new home with CLS Kawasaki in the World MX series after leaving/getting fired from the MotoConcepts Yamaha team. He replaces the physically and mentally injured kiwi, Ben Townley.

There is a similarly tight battle in the MX Lites class too:

1. Dean Wilson 258
2. Blake Baggett 244
3. Tyla Rattray 242
4. Eli Tomac 176
5. Kyle Cunningham 163

Scottish youngster, Dean Wilson, took 2-2 results and leads the title despite having not won a round this year. However his consistent results see him with a 14 point lead over his Monster Energy/Pro Circuit/Kawasaki teammates, 19 year old Blake Bagget (who took both wins at Red Bud) and South African Tyla Rattray who lost the title lead with only 5-3 results. Honda's Justin Barcia had a terrible weekend, breaking down in at least one moto and slid down the order from his 5th position at weekends start.

NinjaMaster
17th July 2011, 14:40
Chad Reed continued his good form in 2011 winning the first moto at the recent Spring Creek round of the AMA Motocross. In the second moto he hit the lead on the opening lap before having one of the biggest get-offs I've ever seen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZC4f9TCg4zw&feature=player_embedded

He remounted to finish 14th in the race and take 5th overall for the round, which was won by defending champ, Ryan Dungey who finished with 2-1 results. Second overall was Ryan Villopoto who had 3-2 results to close up to 6 points behind Reed in the title with Dungey a further point back. I am pleased to see Trey Canard back after a nasty broken femur to finish with a 5th and a 3rd and also Mike Alessi has found some form on the KTM as he finished fourth for the round with a pair of fourth placings.

The Phantom
17th July 2011, 15:25
That was something else... got the link earlier in the night off the Nissan Patrol forum, the footage is going far and wide and so it should! Hell of an off, and amazing that he fired the bike up and was in the air again ten seconds later :eek: