PDA

View Full Version : Crazy frog of the race Spain 2011

Sonic
22nd May 2011, 14:45
Or driver of the race if you prefer

Brown, Jon Brow
22nd May 2011, 14:47
I was going to say Vettel but doing the Crazy Frog has lost it!

Both Vettel and Hamilton were in a class of their own.

Sonic
22nd May 2011, 14:50
Lewis get the nod for me. Like Alonso he was 1 sec off the pace in quail, but unlike Fred he kept the pressure on for more than 20 laps. Great work.

N4D13
22nd May 2011, 14:51
I'm tempted to say Alonso. He finished in fifth, one lap behind the leaders, but he did a magnificient job to get in the first place and hold the other drivers behind him whilst driving a truck.

Then Vettel, then Hamilton. Honourable mentions to Button and Heidfeld.

ioan
22nd May 2011, 14:55
I'm tempted to say Alonso. He finished in fifth, one lap behind the leaders, but he did a magnificient job to get in the first place and hold the other drivers behind him whilst driving a truck.

Then Vettel, then Hamilton. Honourable mentions to Button and Heidfeld.

The Ferrari was good as long as they were running on soft rubber, nothing to do with it being a truck. But hey, I'm looking forward to 5 more years of similar performance.

BTW great performance by Vettel and Hamilton. Especially Vettel who did some great overtaking in order to patch up the strategy of his team.

wedge
22nd May 2011, 14:57
Hamilton and Vettel. On the limit all the way to the end

Koz
22nd May 2011, 15:00
Hamilton, Fred the Frog Flinstone, Nick Heidfeld.

Honourable mentions to Mike for finishing ahead of his Rosberg.

UltimateDanGTR
22nd May 2011, 15:18
Lewis and Vettel. In a different league to everybody else when it really mattered, and produced a fabulous battle right to the end.

Alonso wins 'start of the race'. Button doesn't.

Robinho
22nd May 2011, 15:22
Hamilton and Vettel, i can only split them by the fact that Vettel just won. Horrible start aside, Button drove a great race to 3rd on a different strategy form the rest and after being down in 10th after lap 1. I don't think he would have been far off the front 2 if he'd not cocked up the start. So honorable mention there.

Heidfield also ran well on all new softs to get through the field.

Dave B
22nd May 2011, 15:25
Vettel and Hamilton, superb racing all the way.

Honourable mentions to Schumacher for answering his critics and staying ahead of Rosberg all race, and to Heidfeld for finishing ahead of his team-mate despite starting from the back.

steveaki13
22nd May 2011, 15:34
Overall Driver of the Race, well I can't seperate Vettel and Hamilton.

Both drove brilliantly. Vettel winning in a great car minus KERS, but Hamilton a second off the pace in Quali matching the Frog Man every inch.

Other Mentions:
Button = After falling to 10th he raced well to finish 3rd.
Schumi = Albeit holding Rosberg up at times, he raced well and got about as high as possible.
Heidfeld= A good drive from the back of the field to finish 8th.
Perez = A good drive from him and out raced Kamui and scored some points.

Dave B
22nd May 2011, 15:36
Are we doing donkey on this thread too? Becuase Massa just couldn't make the car work all race - he was a sitting duck for overtaking, had a spin, and finally left the track. Unless there turns out to have been a fault with the car, he really should be asking himself some questions.

truefan72
22nd May 2011, 15:40

agreed

truefan72
22nd May 2011, 15:43
Are we doing donkey on this thread too? Becuase Massa just couldn't make the car work all race - he was a sitting duck for overtaking, had a spin, and finally left the track. Unless there turns out to have been a fault with the car, he really should be asking himself some questions.

suspected gearbox problems

or maybe it is ferrari PR a tits finest

if there was a donkey of the race it would undoubtedly go to Alonso's race engineer for the daft decisions made about tire selection

N4D13
22nd May 2011, 15:52
suspected gearbox problems

or maybe it is ferrari PR a tits finest

if there was a donkey of the race it would undoubtedly go to Alonso's race engineer for the daft decisions made about tire selection
I disagree with some of the calls they did - particularly, stopping right after Vettel did when he was leading, but there's no way he could have finished better than fifth. The Ferrari was disastrous when fitted with the hard tyres.

ioan
22nd May 2011, 15:59
Perez = A good drive from him and out raced Kamui and scored some points.

Kobayashi had a blown tire in the first lap and dropped back to last. Still finished 10th! ;)

Dave B
22nd May 2011, 16:02
Kobayashi had a blown tire in the first lap and dropped back to last. Still finished 10th! ;)

Koby was on the grass at the start so I wonder if that's where he picked up his puncture. I lost track with everything else going on at the front!

steveaki13
22nd May 2011, 16:04

:p

Oh yer, so long ago I forgot all about that. :D

Oh well scrap what I said about Perez.

Kobayashi = A great drive from a puncture to finish just behind his team mate. What was Perez doing? :p

Dave B
22nd May 2011, 16:16
BBC poll:

VET 14.1%
BUT 16.1%
HAM 38.3%

Brown, Jon Brow
22nd May 2011, 16:17
BBC poll:

VET 14.1%
BUT 16.1%
HAM 38.3%

Brits aren't biased. :p

steveaki13
22nd May 2011, 16:22
Brits aren't biased. :p

I can just about accept Hamilton winning it, but Jenson finishing ahead of Seb, when Seb won the race, fought off all the pressure of Hamilton less than a second behind and had issues with the car.

I am a "Brit", but that seems amazingly bias to vote Jenson over Seb.

truefan72
22nd May 2011, 16:23
I disagree with some of the calls they did - particularly, stopping right after Vettel did when he was leading, but there's no way he could have finished better than fifth. The Ferrari was disastrous when fitted with the hard tyres.

when he took the lead, I was actually happy for alonso and for that first stint he looked good.
I thought It was grweat to see the ferrari's mixing it up there for the lead and in a way Vetter was out of sorts in that stint and never looked like he was going to threaten him. What happened after that was not good. I think with the proper strategy he would have finished in the top 3 easily, not end up being lapped by the end of the race. I thought that given the good race pace of the ferrari Alonso would have done much better. I blame the poor tire and race strategy. Especially that disastrous 3rd stint

ioan
22nd May 2011, 16:23
:p

Oh yer, so long ago I forgot all about that. :D

Oh well scrap what I said about Perez.

Kobayashi = A great drive from a puncture to finish just behind his team mate. What was Perez doing? :p

:rotflmao: :)

Dave B
22nd May 2011, 16:24
I did chuckle. I'd like to see other broadcasters' polls - I'm sure Alonso would have been Spain's driver of the day, for example! :p

truefan72
22nd May 2011, 16:25

yeah, forgot about that. It was a great drive too

ioan
22nd May 2011, 16:26
I did chuckle. I'd like to see other broadcasters' polls - I'm sure Alonso would have been Spain's driver of the day, for example! :p

I think you can take that for granted.

Brown, Jon Brow
22nd May 2011, 16:27
The BBC poll should have been:

1) Hamilton
2) Button
3) Di Resta

N. Jones
22nd May 2011, 16:27
Gotta say Vettel. He held off Hammy really well at the end.

Zico
22nd May 2011, 23:27

+1

If I was forced to seperate them I'd probably edge it towards Lewis. His car being a second slower in qualy yet being able to finish so close behind a KERS overheating (which isn't worth a whole second) Vettel. That being said, I suspect Vettel still had enough of a performance advantage that he was probably playing with Lewis. You could see the Red Bulls ability to put its power down much superior to the McLaren coming on to the start/finish straight, even despite the Kers problems.

airshifter
23rd May 2011, 02:41
Vettel, Hamilton, Heidfeld, Kobayashi

Mia 01
23rd May 2011, 06:24
Vettel, Hamilton, Heidfeld, Kobayashi

I agree.

jens
23rd May 2011, 12:22
Last year Vettel had some issues with performance, but so far in 2011 has been flawless. Consistently beats team-mate, no mistakes, puts in an overtake whenever needed, controls races. Right now looks like a genuine match to the likes of Hamilton and Alonso in terms of driving skills.

Hamilton is probably the only driver, who can still trouble Vettel in the WDC fight provided McLaren improves a bit more compared to RBR. Surprisingly competitive in race trim, especially after Turkish GP.

For the second race in a row Kobayashi suffers a puncture in the race (but due to lack of replays very unclear, how much of it has been his doing). I can't wait for a clean race from him, feels like a Top6 finish can be on the cards.