PDA

View Full Version : Bar Fight Lawsuit Could Cost Sutil Millions & Career ?

CNR
16th May 2011, 13:44
http://paddocktalk.com/news/html/story-161205.html

The report said Sutil's F1 super license could be at risk in the event of a civil conviction

http://www.google.com.au/search?q=jail%20for%20glassing&hl=en&safe=off&rls=com.microsoft:en-au:IE-Address&biw=1680&bih=882&prmd=ivns&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=nw

gloomyDAY
16th May 2011, 16:13
I was wondering when this story was going to gain traction and make the news. I'm not sure what Lux did to Sutil, but attacking someone with a broken bottle and then cutting them anywhere near the jugular is ridiculous. Sutil has been watching too many movies! I doubt any of his sponsor's or team members will fully support Sutil when he goes to court.

AndyL
16th May 2011, 16:50
It was in the Daily Mail in the UK last week, if that counts as news. I wonder if the Chinese police will agree with the team and the FIA that this is merely a matter between the two parties. If any of this is true then Adrian should be nervous about returning to Shanghai next year.

truefan72
16th May 2011, 17:46
the fact that no major news outlets let alone none of all F1 related sites are reporting this, leads me to believe this is a non story

Sonic
16th May 2011, 17:48
Where's St.D when you need him? I'm sure he'd remind us all that James Hunt was in three bar brawls a day (before breakfast).

Seriously though, if this is true he deserves to be locked up.

Dave B
16th May 2011, 17:49
I'd heard it from a credible source a couple if days before any of the usual suspects ran with the story, and it is my own personal opinion that the story is true.

Retro Formula 1
16th May 2011, 17:59
Well, if there is truth to this story, then Sutil should face the full force of the Law.

We're not talking about a bit of a brawl or a bout of Handbags, we are talking about someone glassing another human. If that's the case, he belongs in prison, not on a race track :(

steveaki13
16th May 2011, 18:25
I assume the Hulk would replace him if he had to miss races for the court case or prison.

Sonic
16th May 2011, 18:46
Do you think I was a bit extreme then, baiting him into a bar brawl then just so I could get my FGP reserve driver on the grid? ;)

Mia 01
16th May 2011, 19:00
If it´s true that Sutil atacked Lux with a broken glass in his neck (25 stitches I heard) it´s attempted murder, a serious case.

I wonder what Lewis can tell us.

Mia 01
16th May 2011, 19:39
"Eric Lux, a partner in Genii Capital, the supposed owners of the Renault F1 team, has made a statement regarding his problems with Force India F1 driver Adrian Sutil.
“In the view of the recent events which occurred in Shanghai on 17 April, Mr Eric Lux has decided to file a criminal complaint against Mr Adrian Sutil for physical assault and grievous bodily harm. As soon as the complaint is registered, the Fédération Internationale de l’Automobile (FIA) and the team Force India will be notified.
“Furthermore, please note that Mr Eric Lux does not exclude commencing an action against any other persons involved in this matter.”
The implication in this statement is that someone else was involved in the incident".

http://joesaward.wordpress.com/2011/05/16/a-statement-from-eric-lux/

Interesting!

Dave B
16th May 2011, 19:42
Oh Mia, you are so predictable. You so desperately want Lewis to be involved somehow, don't you?

gloomyDAY
16th May 2011, 20:10
the fact that no major news outlets let alone none of all F1 related sites are reporting this, leads me to believe this is a non storyNo, I think this story is legitimate. Sutil could get arrested and go to jail for the altercation.

I heard through Autosport that Lux and Sutil entered into an arguement, some insults were exchanged, and Sutil attempted to throw a glass of champagne over Lux. Unfortunately Lux stepped forward as this happened and the glass made contact with his neck. Although it was done under negative circumstances, it seems Adrian had no intention of wounding Lux. He may face legal action, but it certainly wasn't mallicious wounding or attempted murder. A sense of perspective is needed here.I just read that and it made me laugh. The bottle somehow cracked open in midair, cut Lux's throat, and it was all involuntary. Sutil better get a good lawyer because no one is stupid enough to believe that story.

Malbec
16th May 2011, 20:16
No, I think this story is legitimate. Sutil could get arrested and go to jail for the altercation.

Whose jail? The 'crime' if anything malicious happened occurred in China and neither party approached the Chinese authorities.

The worst that can happen is that Sutil has to pay compensation and may face censure from the FIA for his conduct. Not good for his career by any means but not the same level as going to jail.

And lets remember that so far everything is heresay, both Sutil and Lux's comments are rather sparse on detail. Lets not try and fill in the gaps.

Mia 01
16th May 2011, 20:16
Oh Mia, you are so predictable. You so desperately want Lewis to be involved somehow, don't you?

The said issue is discussed all over the net this evening.

gloomyDAY
16th May 2011, 20:22
Whose jail? The 'crime' if anything malicious happened occurred in China and neither party approached the Chinese authorities.

The worst that can happen is that Sutil has to pay compensation and may face censure from the FIA for his conduct. Not good for his career by any means but not the same level as going to jail.

And lets remember that so far everything is heresay, both Sutil and Lux's comments are rather sparse on detail. Lets not try and fill in the gaps.Assault isn't a crime? Lux can easily go to the Chinese authorities and still place charges. There are laws in Shanghai!

driveace
16th May 2011, 20:35
Sounds like Sutill could be in deep trouble.The best way is always to walk away from any argument,especially if drink is involved .

Malbec
16th May 2011, 20:42
Assault isn't a crime? Lux can easily go to the Chinese authorities and still place charges. There are laws in Shanghai!

Of course. So why didn't he? Champagne flute meets throat. Sounds simple doesn't it?

What I'm saying is that we don't know what happened. The only people who do are those who were in the room and they aren't letting out many details so lets not speculate too much.

Mia 01
16th May 2011, 20:49
Could you provide a link to these sites you are reading that suggest Lewis is a witness, or is somehow involved? If you have been reading it all over the net I'm sure you can put us out of our misery. :)

discussed was my word. I think we will know moore in the criminal proceedings.

Nikki Katz
16th May 2011, 22:19
I really can't believe that he'd stab someone. I mean not that I know him at all, but this just seems very odd.

Sutil's wording in the press release is odd too - "there was a very unfortunate action by me in which I hurt another person completely unintentionally"

I hope that this is just some sort of misunderstanding - I seem to recall Verstappen getting a record for assault and nothing much happened to him. Not that I condone that sort of thing at all. But I hope his career doesn't go the way of Gachot now.

Sonic
16th May 2011, 22:25
I really can't believe that he'd stab someone. I mean not that I know him at all, but this just seems very odd.

Sutil's wording in the press release is odd too - "there was a very unfortunate action by me in which I hurt another person completely unintentionally"

I hope that this is just some sort of misunderstanding - I seem to recall Verstappen getting a record for assault and nothing much happened to him. Not that I condone that sort of thing at all. But I hope his career doesn't go the way of Gachot now.

Did he? I don't remember the boss getting involved in something like that.

UltimateDanGTR
16th May 2011, 22:39
If this is true, Sutil may have just thrown his F1 career down the drain, let alone his freedom and a law obiding citizen. It stuns me to think someone like him would do something like what he did, but I suppose in life you should never be too surprised.

tfp
16th May 2011, 23:33
If this is true, Sutil may have just thrown his F1 career down the drain, let alone his freedom and a law obiding citizen. It stuns me to think someone like him would do something like what he did, but I suppose in life you should never be too surprised.

Bloody sure, what a stupid thing to do. Does anyone know the reason why he did it? Like it or not, having a place in F1, youre always going to be under the spot light, Sutil should know this.

Nikki Katz
16th May 2011, 23:35
Did he? I don't remember the boss getting involved in something like that.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/998973.stm

CNR
16th May 2011, 23:37
The said issue is discussed all over the net this evening.
the way it was in the mail online last week

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/formulaone/article-1386036/Lewis-Hamiltons-pal-Adrian-Sutil-glassed-F1-boss.html#ixzz1M669JDaB

Lewis Hamilton's pal Adrian Sutil has been involved in a nightclub bust-up which left an F1 boss bleeding from a neck wound.
Hamilton was celebrating his Chinese Grand Prix victory in Shanghai's exclusive M1NT nightspot when a row erupted between the 28-year-old German and Eric Lux, chief executive of Genii Capital, which owns Lotus Renault.

Hamilton was not involved in the fracas three weeks ago, when Lux was injured with a glass and needed to go to hospital for stitches.
Apologising for his part in the incident, Sutil claimed he had injured Lux accidentally.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/formulaone/article-1386036/Lewis-Hamiltons-pal-Adrian-Sutil-glassed-F1-boss.html#ixzz1MYdIVyeg

BDunnell
16th May 2011, 23:39
It stuns me to think someone like him would do something like what he did, but I suppose in life you should never be too surprised.

What has he done? We don't really know yet, do we?

truefan72
17th May 2011, 03:02
Ok so I see the story making it's rounds today.

sketchy details remain. I am not minimizing the incident, but neither am i going to blow it up to something more than a bar room disagreement that got out of hand and some unfortunate circumstances came into play. I do wonder what Lux is suing for. money? injuries(which would be a nominal amount)? pride? embarrassment? vindictiveness? I see litigation of this nature has successfully crossed the pond. welcome to American style law

markabilly
17th May 2011, 03:36

I already know one thing. As an old lawyer once told me, you can not always tell who started the fight or who deserved to have his buttocks kicked real hard, but you can always be sure that no one opens a can of whip-ass and pours it all over someone, knocking them down and out, and then after all that, runs out and files a lawsuit or criminal charges. ;)

So we can all assume that when Lux and his mouth as he went towards Sutile, he may or may not have deserved what he got, but he certainly lost the disagreement. :rolleyes:

And where I come from, real men take their buttock kicking like a man and don't do no whining about it. They either man up and prepare to do better in round two, or slink off like a coward. But filing charges is considered lower than being a mere coward, it is labelling yourself as a loser, as only sissies and girlie boys with limp wrists do that. :dozey:

Of course bullet holes that leave one dead are a different matter......

gloomyDAY
17th May 2011, 05:10
I already know one thing. As an old lawyer once told me, you can not always tell who started the fight or who deserved to have his buttocks kicked real hard, but you can always be sure that no one opens a can of whip-ass and pours it all over someone, knocking them down and out, and then after all that, runs out and files a lawsuit or criminal charges. ;)

So we can all assume that when Lux and his mouth as he went towards Sutile, he may or may not have deserved what he got, but he certainly lost the disagreement. :rolleyes:

And where I come from, real men take their buttock kicking like a man and don't do no whining about it. They either man up and prepare to do better in round two, or slink off like a coward. But filing charges is considered lower than being a mere coward, it is labelling yourself as a loser, as only sissies and girlie boys with limp wrists do that. :dozey:

Of course bullet holes that leave one dead are a different matter......The good ol' days. Everything got settled with a few flying fists and not another word was uttered. I wonder what Senna would have done to Lux if they were to cross paths. I'm sure this case is similar to what happened to Button as Mr. Branson tried to steal away Jessica Michibata. Another case of two cocks fighting over a hen.

Koz
17th May 2011, 05:25
I do wonder what Lux is suing for. money? injuries(which would be a nominal amount)? pride? embarrassment? vindictiveness? I see litigation of this nature has successfully crossed the pond. welcome to American style law

Interesting indeed, I can't see Mr Lux being in it for the cash, most likely his ego got bruised and he now wants to destroy Sutil for his insolence, as an example of his awesomeness??

I wonder why he didn't file charges in China, surely the system there is much harsher and would do far more damage to Sutil?

BDunnell
17th May 2011, 07:38
I wonder why he didn't file charges in China, surely the system there is much harsher and would do far more damage to Sutil?

Where else could he file charges, given that this is where the alleged incident happened?

SGWilko
17th May 2011, 09:21
The unhealthy obsession continues doesn't it? Lewis was simply mentioned in an article on GP Week as being in the club at the time. So was Alonso, and Rosberg yet Lewis obviously being more high profile than both of them, he gets the mention. lol.

http://mag.gpweek.com/#

Is it cos he is ****?

SGWilko
17th May 2011, 09:23
Sounds like Sutill could be in deep trouble.The best way is always to walk away from any argument,especially if drink is involved .

I feel a Kenny Rogers number coming on......

......it don't mean you're weak, if you turn the other cheek......

yeeeeeeeee haaaaaaaaaaaaaa.......

Daniel
17th May 2011, 09:52
I think it's very poor to start jumping to conclusions. We could be talking a Zinedine Zidane type situation or it could be a complete accident.....

Either way, Sutil hardly strikes me as the type to bottle someone over nothing.

UltimateDanGTR
17th May 2011, 10:58

Hence the 'If' at the start of my post that you've chopped off in your quote ;)

Ranger
17th May 2011, 11:38
Bertrand Gachot was jailed for 2 months (missing 4 grands prix) in 1991 for using tear-gas on a taxi driver, and he managed to sustain an F1 career for a few years after that.

Regardless of the outcome of this trial if/when it happens, I don't think it will shorten his career drastically. Money from sponsors may be an issue though.

AndyL
17th May 2011, 13:25
I just read that and it made me laugh. The bottle somehow cracked open in midair, cut Lux's throat, and it was all involuntary. Sutil better get a good lawyer because no one is stupid enough to believe that story.

It was reportedly a glass, not a bottle. Champagne bottles are hard to break!

gloomyDAY
17th May 2011, 15:01
It was reportedly a glass, not a bottle. Champagne bottles are hard to break!Hello Mr. Sutil's Lawyer.

Mia 01
17th May 2011, 15:26
I totally agree about the criminal/cival proceeding's but you said it was being discussed that lewis may have been involved? Could you possibly link to the discussion as I have not seen such a discussion. Its not unreasonable to ask for a link and it would add a great deal of weight to your questioning. :)

Where have Í claimed that Lewis was involved, calm down a bit. The only thing I know of is that he and Sutil was the only F1 drivers in a private VIP room with mister Lux.

SGWilko
17th May 2011, 15:29
Hello Mr. Sutil's Lawyer.

Hello Mr. Sutil's Lawyer, how you goin' bloke?
I'm your brand new neighbour, hey mate you gotta smoke?

SGWilko
17th May 2011, 15:31
If it´s true that Sutil atacked Lux with a broken glass in his neck (25 stitches I heard) it´s attempted murder, a serious case.

I wonder what Lewis can tell us.

:confused:

You got possibly the Actus Reus, but where is the Mens Rea Mia?

Dave B
17th May 2011, 16:34
Money from sponsors may be an issue though.

Indeed. Many people, on hearing Sutil's name, will now have a negative opinion on him without necessarily knowing the full facts - as evidenced in 90% of the above.

AndyL
17th May 2011, 18:36
James Allen (http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2011/05/f1-driver-sutil-to-face-criminal-charges-over-china-fracas/) quotes this from Eric Lux's statement:

“Furthermore, please note that Mr Eric Lux does not exclude commencing an action against any other persons involved in this matter.”

I wonder who those other persons might be. (JA goes on to mention that there is no suggestion Lewis Hamilton was involved.)

He also adds this interesting historical footnote:

"The last time anything like this occurred, albeit less serious in terms of injury, was when Bertrand Gachot was found guilty of assaulting a London taxi driver with CS gas in 1991. His subsequent incarceration led to the hiring by the Jordan team of a 22 year old by the name of Michael Schumacher."

anthonyvop
17th May 2011, 19:52
Force India Statement

Force India Formula One Team Statement 17.05.2011

Force India Formula One Team is aware of the statements made by both its driver, Adrian Sutil, and Mr. Eric Lux of Genii Capital, pertaining to events following the Chinese Grand Prix.

Although the team continues to monitor the situation, it remains fully committed to its driver line-up at this weekend’s Spanish Grand Prix.

gloomyDAY
17th May 2011, 19:57
"The last time anything like this occurred, albeit less serious in terms of injury, was when Bertrand Gachot was found guilty of assaulting a London taxi driver with CS gas in 1991. His subsequent incarceration led to the hiring by the Jordan team of a 22 year old by the name of Michael Schumacher."Who would replace Sutil if he got yanked?

Nikki Katz
17th May 2011, 22:06
Who would replace Sutil if he got yanked?
It'd almost certainly be Hulkenberg - he's the biggest name not on the grid this year, and is already Force India's test driver. I personally think he's got more potential than Sutil, but this is really not how I wanted any change to go about.

CNR
18th May 2011, 00:30
http://shanghaiist.com/2011/05/12/f1_driver_adrian_sutil_in_bar_fight.php

Hamilton and Sutil are best pals and often holiday together. Observers noticed Lux rushing through the crowd from a private room with blood streaming down his neck. A few seconds later Hamilton was rushed by his bodyguards from the same VIP room.

Hamilton and Sutil in blackmail plot ?
http://www.hiti.fr/2009/f1/sutil-hamilton.jpg ?
?
who knows could it have been a date gone wrong ?

Daniel
18th May 2011, 00:33
http://shanghaiist.com/2011/05/12/f1_driver_adrian_sutil_in_bar_fight.php

Hamilton and Sutil in blackmail plot ?
http://www.hiti.fr/2009/f1/sutil-hamilton.jpg ?
?
who knows could it have been a date gone wrong ?

Don't be an idiot.....

CNR
18th May 2011, 00:47
Don't be an idiot.....
http://i52.tinypic.com/2yy5icw.jpg

Daniel
18th May 2011, 00:48
http://i52.tinypic.com/2yy5icw.jpg

Congratulations on posting a picture.

CNR
18th May 2011, 00:56
Congratulations on posting a picture.

i can tell you what i think of you and get a ban
or just think it

Daniel
18th May 2011, 01:02
Nice attempt at a binary insult, anyone who knows binary knows that every byte needs to be 8 bits long and your silly attempt doesn't conform. Anyway it's obvious that you have very little class and it's obvious that you trying (and failing I might add) to insult me.

race_director
18th May 2011, 06:53
haha. sir vijay mallaya the biggest liquor producer in is quite a inspiration on his boys. anyway i have been a loyal customer of his brand for last 10 yrs. really dont care what happens to Sutil/Hami boy. . schumi is my god (really dont even care if he comes 1st or 24th)just seeing him on track is enough for real MSC worshipper. Sad he is not from india. would have built a temple of him here.

I guess atlast something major news in f1 , after the break away thing .

Is IOAN still alive ?

race_director
18th May 2011, 07:07
i also feel that a bar brawl is always not a big issue to go and file a police complain. Everyone does monky stuff after getting drunk. no harm done to anyone. just hug each other and say sorry.

And i dont think Mr lux will ruin sutil carrier for this thing. its just a matter of saying sorry and MR lux accepting it. but ego sometime is unpredictable

Dave B
18th May 2011, 16:07
Force India Statement

Although the team continues to monitor the situation, it remains fully committed to its driver line-up at this weekend’s Spanish Grand Prix.

That's damning with faint praise: supported for "this weekend". And afterwards? :s

BDunnell
18th May 2011, 16:19
That's damning with faint praise: supported for "this weekend". And afterwards? :s

I'm not sure what else they can say, without looking foolish in some way if, for instance, he ends up being charged at some indeterminate point.

truefan72
18th May 2011, 16:50
Interesting indeed, I can't see Mr Lux being in it for the cash, most likely his ego got bruised and he now wants to destroy Sutil for his insolence, as an example of his awesomeness??

probably because a Chinese court would have thrown out the case and told lux to man up

Big Ben
18th May 2011, 16:55
whatever happened the conclusion is that both are morons.... the one needing a cut throat and the one ready to cut it. both should be in bed by 9 from now on.

Daniel
18th May 2011, 16:57
whatever happened the conclusion is that both are morons.... the one needing a cut throat and the one ready to cut it. both should be in bed by 9 from now on.

YOu conclude that based on?????