PDA

View Full Version : Where can i watch rally racing?

AaronCaseyIs
9th May 2011, 22:39
I live in the U.S. and i love rally racing, but is there anyway i can watch it on tv, online, or on a foriegn channel? I really would like to watch it but i can't find it anywhere.

tfp
10th May 2011, 00:02
Espn is your friend:-)

A.F.F.
10th May 2011, 00:49
Youtube is your friend too.

DeltaS4
10th May 2011, 04:13
http://dhd.discovery.com/tv/world-rally-championship/about.html

GigiGalliNo1
10th May 2011, 06:07
What is rally racing?

Wim_Impreza
10th May 2011, 07:53
What is rally racing?

Rallycross, but in the USA and in the Netherlands it is named Rally Racing.

bennizw
10th May 2011, 12:13
I thought rally racing was the american name for rallying, while RallyX was rally cross?

Daniel
10th May 2011, 14:32
What is rally racing?

Basically you get different rallies and get them to race each other. yeah it frigging annoys me too.

GigiGalliNo1
10th May 2011, 16:38
You have a Fiat 500!

Daniel
10th May 2011, 16:46
You have a Fiat 500!

That I do :p

janvanvurpa
10th May 2011, 18:17
Rallycross, but in the USA and in the Netherlands it is named Rally Racing.

No it is what the geniuses in the marketing Department at Subaru began calling rally some years ago, and since the only world that is real is the world of the Intre-web, many boys in the US have begun calling ordinary rally "rally racing" and refer to the cars as "rally race cars" or just "race cars".

Desparate for a name to call driving in a smooth flat grassy field, the stole the name "rally cross" from you boys over there and applied it to the sport of running over innocent orange cones with stock cars, pick ups SUVs and motorhomes all driving make 30-40 km/hr because no safety gear is required so they have to make it slow.
It is similar, but on grass, to the most popular sprot for particiapation where people drive in parking lots in first or second gear on smooth asphalt called "auto-cross". Personally i call the US so called "rallycross" my own "grass-o-cross" since most of my friends are keenly aware of what crazy stuff the see with real cars going real fast and hard in EM rallycross.

Real rally cross is called "Global rally cross" here for some unknown reason

janvanvurpa
10th May 2011, 18:20
Basically you get different rallies and get them to race each other. yeah it frigging annoys me too.

I betcha my local rally can beat your local rally! Ha!
Why we had 80 mph average on some of the stages at the last event. That's faster average than your poxy slow curvy Welsh rallies!
Our event would zoom right past yours like it was stuck in second gear!

Daniel
10th May 2011, 18:33
I betcha my local rally can beat your local rally! Ha!
Why we had 80 mph average on some of the stages at the last event. That's faster average than your poxy slow curvy Welsh rallies!
Our event would zoom right past yours like it was stuck in second gear!

Yeah, well one time my local rally went to the rally race of champions and people were like WOW, your rally is wicked sick fast!

MrJan
10th May 2011, 18:54
Desparate for a name to call driving in a smooth flat grassy field, the stole the name "rally cross" from you boys over there and applied it to the sport of running over innocent orange cones with stock cars, pick ups SUVs and motorhomes all driving make 30-40 km/hr because no safety gear is required so they have to make it slow.
It is similar, but on grass, to the most popular sprot for particiapation where people drive in parking lots in first or second gear on smooth asphalt called "auto-cross". Personally i call the US so called "rallycross" my own "grass-o-cross" since most of my friends are keenly aware of what crazy stuff the see with real cars going real fast and hard in EM rallycross.

Aah it's all so confusing. The thing on grass we would call autocross in the UK. The thing in carparks falls between two of our disciplines. The first is sprinting (drive a car against the clock on a short tarmac track, usually a kart track or cones on an airfield). THe second is an autotest (or gymkhana) which is lots of maneuvers in a car park, such as driving round a cone, reverse spin turns and parking etc.

We also do the thing in a field with family cars and SUVs, but it's fairly rare and not that many people enter.

AndyRAC
10th May 2011, 19:53
I'm confused, er,...so what is this sport called Rally-ing???

N.O.T
10th May 2011, 19:59
Its not fair to make fun of of an American about rallying.... they are not exposed to the sport and its understandable.

Daniel
10th May 2011, 20:07
Its not fair to make fun of of an American about rallying.... they are not exposed to the sport and its understandable.

Perhaps one day one of them will go back to their media and say "hey, it's not actually rally racing, it's called rallying"

MrJan
10th May 2011, 20:18
Perhaps one day one of them will go back to their media and say "hey, it's not actually rally racing, it's called rallying"

More likely that the plums in our media will pick it up...much like how Paul King is always on about the sport of 'rally'. Numbnuts needs to get himself a Blue Book and see what they call it in that (although I did have to reach for my Blue Book to double check :dozey: )

Daniel
10th May 2011, 20:19
More likely that the plums in our media will pick it up...much like how Paul King is always on about the sport of 'rally'. Numbnuts needs to get himself a Blue Book and see what they call it in that (although I did have to reach for my Blue Book to double check :dozey: )

That guy is a monumental fool.

janvanvurpa
10th May 2011, 23:26

Oh the perhaps has happened many a time, and the routine answer back is "Rally ---rally racing, like.....what EVER! dooooood, like chillax, man"
I understand that to mean "it's unimportant" but I could be wrong, "Merikanski" is a language I often have trouble understanding.
I think that stems from a mistaken belief I have that words are supposed to mean things but that is "like so last century, man" and "A word means whatever you want it to mean"

So as resident Dinosaur, I just try what I can and learn to say right back "yeah, like whatever"...
dooood.

tfp
10th May 2011, 23:41
You have a Fiat 500!

:p

tfp
10th May 2011, 23:42

True, why us british have a desire to copy everything american but on a smaller scale is beyond me.

Bobcat
11th May 2011, 00:36
I live in the U.S. and i love rally racing, but is there anyway i can watch it on tv, online, or on a foriegn channel? I really would like to watch it but i can't find it anywhere.
http://www.youtube.com/FordWRC ;)

or http://wrc.com/fanzone/wrc-tv-guide/ - http://www.youtube.com/user/wrc - http://www.wrchd.com/

mousti
11th May 2011, 00:42
LOL making it even more obvious ^^

logic
14th May 2011, 07:21
No it is what the geniuses in the marketing Department at Subaru began calling rally some years ago, and since the only world that is real is the world of the Intre-web, many boys in the US have begun calling ordinary rally "rally racing" and refer to the cars as "rally race cars" or just "race cars".

Real rally cross is called "Global rally cross" here for some unknown reason

Because they always do that , just like the World series base ball championships ...............just north america play's it , why is it called the world series if just one country play's it?

AaronCaseyIs
11th June 2011, 10:14
Lol i love that i started a flame war. I had no idea rally was just called rally. I didn't mean rally cross i meant rally. I guess i know now. But oh well, you learn something new everyday. Thanks bobcat for giving me those links.

Daniel
11th June 2011, 10:30
Lol i love that i started a flame war. I had no idea rally was just called rally. I didn't mean rally cross i meant rally. I guess i know now. But oh well, you learn something new everyday. Thanks bobcat for giving me those links.

No, you meant rallyING.

Mark
11th June 2011, 19:02
Yes in English it's rallying. I think in many other languages it's 'rally'