PDA

View Full Version : Ecclestone once again rejects 2013 engine Ecclestone what a (?????)

CNR
8th May 2011, 02:37
http://www.thef1times.com/news/display/03272

Bernie Ecclestone has repeated his dismay at the new engine regulations for the 2013 season, once again stressing that the sound is an issue.

He also denied that he was simply rejecting the 1.6 litre, four-cylinder hybrid engines

Ecclestone joked that circuits should decrease their capacity to lower spectator numbers, which would have a much more dramatic impact in terms of making the sport 'greener'.

"If you really want to reduce emissions you could say to the promoters to reduce the capacity of their circuits by ten or 15 percent. Fifteen percent less people coming to a race would make a difference and then you could do the same with football. That would make a difference."

52Paddy
8th May 2011, 12:03
Can Ecclestone's comments be censored out from now on? He has been doing a lot of trolling around these parts as of late.

ioan
8th May 2011, 13:46
The guy is showing his age.

yodasarmpit
8th May 2011, 15:15
Bernie, brilliant as ever.

ioan
8th May 2011, 15:22
Anyway it is not his decision to make in the end.

steveaki13
8th May 2011, 16:00
This old man is getting tiresome.

Whether it be going back to Bahrain despite the political unrest
or.. Sprinklers to encourage exciting racing (I Know it wasn't serious but still)
or... these quotes objecting

or.... going to these far flung boring new circuits.

Getting bored now.

markabilly
8th May 2011, 16:38
I agree with BE. first time ever.

Well actually, I want the 3.0 liter v-12.

PLEASE.

greatest sound ever was on Friday morning practice, when a v-12 came screaming down the striaght at Indy. with the sound vibrating the empty aluminum seats.

OH YEAH.......what?????turbo 1.6 engines hybrid, well phooey on that pussy crap
Better go to Austin in 2012, may never hear a great scream again from an F-1..........................

truefan72
8th May 2011, 18:52
don't worry bernie,
your crazy costs and demands do ensure that the grandstands are half empty

Marbles
9th May 2011, 03:45
greatest sound ever was on Friday morning practice, when a v-12 came screaming down the striaght at Indy. with the sound vibrating the empty aluminum seats.

Who's V12 was that?

markabilly
9th May 2011, 04:42
some guy showing off with what I think was a F50 in 2000, taking folks for a couple of laps

Stunning sound, real music!!!!!!

somebody else had a GT-40, with the v-8 also running around for the three days on the track as well.

But the Ferrari caught everyone's attention

The V-10 were great at times, when they were not on traction control.....................

But I want the v-12, not the v-10 or v-8.......there is a harmony and music from a 12, you just do not get from anything else.

Whole thing reminds of the IRL with thos stock blockers that sound like a car with a busted muffler or about to blow......geeassss

but looks like in 2013, we are going to go green......

Big Ben
9th May 2011, 08:20
I can't say that he's wrong. I have an even better idea. Just close f1 altogether. After all it's really useless and that will reduce costs and emissions by 100%

F1boat
9th May 2011, 09:22
markability, I truly hope that a Formula 1 car will never ever produce the pathetic whine of an IRL car. Really, this sound stopped me from watching IndyCars and I was once a big fan (especially in CART-era).

SGWilko
9th May 2011, 10:29
some guy showing off with what I think was a F50 in 2000, taking folks for a couple of laps

Stunning sound, real music!!!!!!

somebody else had a GT-40, with the v-8 also running around for the three days on the track as well.

But the Ferrari caught everyone's attention

The V-10 were great at times, when they were not on traction control.....................

But I want the v-12, not the v-10 or v-8.......there is a harmony and music from a 12, you just do not get from anything else.

Whole thing reminds of the IRL with thos stock blockers that sound like a car with a busted muffler or about to blow......geeassss

but looks like in 2013, we are going to go green......

If it is noise you want, go stand in the engine room of;

A cargo ship
A class 55 locomotive

or

move to the end of the runway at Heathrow (the property is cheap there).

Seriously, nostalgia to times past is great, but relevance to current issues will serve a much greater purpose. I don't mean tree hugging, rather transferable technology to aid;

Hybrid technology,
An electric car that has a range greater than Grandpa on a rickshaw,
Better economy and lower emissions,
Alternative non-fossil fuels.

markabilly
9th May 2011, 11:39
markability, I truly hope that a Formula 1 car will never ever produce the pathetic whine of an IRL car. Really, this sound stopped me from watching IndyCars and I was once a big fan (especially in CART-era).

First year they went to that, I got lucky on a business trip and was able to go to qualifying at Indy.......First time I heard it (and it was real bad back then, not so bad now) the car sounded like it was going to blow its guts, so I said, why does he not get off the racing line, slow down, cause I knew the white cloud of oil and engine parts was micro-seconds away, and this guy looked at me like i was an idiot, and said they are suppose to sound that way....

markabilly
9th May 2011, 11:40
If it is noise you want, go stand in the engine room of;

A cargo ship
A class 55 locomotive

or

move to the end of the runway at Heathrow (the property is cheap there).

Seriously, nostalgia to times past is great, but relevance to current issues will serve a much greater purpose. I don't mean tree hugging, rather transferable technology to aid;

Hybrid technology,
An electric car that has a range greater than Grandpa on a rickshaw,
Better economy and lower emissions,
Alternative non-fossil fuels.

Not me. I will just stay home after Austin in 2012................................