call_me_andrew
7th May 2011, 17:02
Showtime 500

Saturday, May 7th

Green Flag 7:45 pm/et

Corrected.

Alexamateo
8th May 2011, 03:17
Slo will be happy, harvick is already second with 132 to go!

Jared East
8th May 2011, 04:56
So I guess KB is scared of Harvick!

tstran17_88
8th May 2011, 04:57
The saying is the cream rises to the top...but in Nascar the crap rises to the top! Neuman, JPM, Happy & Shrub! Soon Denny & Smoke will be involved!

tstran17_88
8th May 2011, 05:00
F all the other chit...Regan Smith won the race!!! Congrats!!! Nascar screwed him at Dega!

harvick#1
8th May 2011, 06:40
tonight, Kyle showed his true colors, I thought he was the next intimidator!!!!! Earnhardt never went running away from a driver, if this was any other driver (other than Johnson), he'd be suspended for a race for running like that and nearly injuring a driver and crewmembers.

other than that Hats off to Regan Smith, even though they claim its your first, its really your second, only Stewart still believes he won Talladega

Sparky1329
8th May 2011, 17:06
tonight, Kyle showed his true colors, I thought he was the next intimidator!!!!! Earnhardt never went running away from a driver, if this was any other driver (other than Johnson), he'd be suspended for a race for running like that and nearly injuring a driver and crewmembers.

other than that Hats off to Regan Smith, even though they claim its your first, its really your second, only Stewart still believes he won Talladega

+100

Lee Roy
9th May 2011, 00:37
Harvick showed what a jerk he is trying to punch a guy strapped into a car. Guess he's scared of a guy that's able to hit back at him. I'm glad that Kyle pushed Harvick's old junk out of his way.

Ricky Rudd was right about Harvick and his yappy little mouth.

Mark in Oshawa
9th May 2011, 04:50
Harvick bails out of the car and it rolls down pit lane....that's always nice rational behavior.

I don't know who is a bigger dork sometimes, likely the Shrub, but Happy sure makes it close. The two of them act like idiots.....but hey, what do I know, I am just a fan.

Hell of a interesting finish, and I like that Regan Smith got his first. (unlike you idiots, I understand the NASCAR rule book and understand why he didn't win at Talladega). Now he has a great win on a great old track, and people can forget about the stupidity of his passing on the apron...

NickFalzone
10th May 2011, 02:11
People love to paint Kyle as the bad guy here, but to me, Harv was just as bad. And imo, after Homestead, he had it coming.

Lee Roy
10th May 2011, 16:52
Harvick fined, no word on Busch: per a Kevin Harvick tweet: "4 weeks probation and $25,000 fine....I understand because of the car on pit road.." The penalty by NASCAR is for an incident on pit road at Darlington with #18-Kyle Busch after the race. No word on any penalties for Busch.(5-10-2011)

Well deserved.

http://jayski.com/cupnews.htm#20110510f

harvick#1
10th May 2011, 17:21
well, we already know in Nascar, Probation doesnt mean much of anything :laugh:

just remember, Harvick retaliated because Kyle hooked Harvick under caution blatantly. Nascar right then and there should've black flagged Kyle for that but instead let it stand. the situation "might" have been alittle more calm if Nascar did that.

Lee Roy
10th May 2011, 17:25
Well deserved.

http://jayski.com/cupnews.htm#20110510f

Now word is that the same penalty applies to Busch.

Lee Roy
10th May 2011, 17:28
well, we already know in Nascar, Probation doesnt mean much of anything :laugh:

It might mean something for Harvick. Remember he's one of the few drivers to actually be suspended for a race for being such a class-A jerk.

harvick#1
10th May 2011, 17:40
oh yeah, the same class-A jerk that spends countless dollars to charities, helping underfunded Morgan Shepard to race in the Nationwide Series. Helping out countless drivers to give them a shot at or back to racing.

Harvick races guys clean, but when its dirty, expect him to race dirty also. Kyle pulls the "I'm Kyle Busch, get outta my way crap" all to often, and Harvick is a guy that bites back, so what is Kyle if he has to intentionally wreck a guy under caution, and claim he had no reverse even though we all saw he reversed his way back onto pitroad. Kyle needs a good ass-kicking to get back to reality like his brother received at the hands of Spencer

Lee Roy
10th May 2011, 18:56
oh yeah, the same class-A jerk that spends countless dollars to charities, helping underfunded Morgan Shepard to race in the Nationwide Series. Helping out countless drivers to give them a shot at or back to racing.

Don't doubt that he's a nice person off the track, but on the track his reputation speaks for itself.

Harvick races guys clean,

Yeah right, harvick#1.

NickFalzone
10th May 2011, 20:36
Harvick races guys clean, but when its dirty, expect him to race dirty also. Kyle pulls the "I'm Kyle Busch, get outta my way crap" all to often, and Harvick is a guy that bites back, so what is Kyle if he has to intentionally wreck a guy under caution, and claim he had no reverse even though we all saw he reversed his way back onto pitroad. Kyle needs a good ass-kicking to get back to reality like his brother received at the hands of Spencer

You must not watch the truck series, Harv is always complaining about something. He's got the shortest fuse in the garage (and in present company, that's saying a lot).

harvick#1
11th May 2011, 06:16
no I dont watch the Truck or Nationwide series until Nascar forces Cup drivers off the entry list, unless they are 30th or below in the points

slorydn1
12th May 2011, 01:03
no I dont watch the Truck or Nationwide series until Nascar forces Cup drivers off the entry list, unless they are 30th or below in the points

That is sad because you are missing some of the best racing in NASCAR :p ;) :D

As for this whole blow up at Darlington, I saw this coming, actually. Not neccesarily this weekend, but I knew this was coming. I am a little peeved that Harv got penalized too, since he was the one that got wrecked in this whole deal, but on the other hand maybe the little shot in the butt into turn 3 might not have been a good idea. Shrub is the kind a driver ya gotta park or its coming right back, he doesn't understand a subtle tap.

As for Harvick racing clean, he does for the most part. During the first 3/4's of a race, if you are truly faster than him he will pull over and let u go by, and as quickly as possible because to do otherwide will slow you both down. The last 1/4 of a race, he has it set on kill mode (as do all the real drivers-and yes even though I'm pissed at him right now, Shrub is as about as real as it gets in the driving world). Harv only asks that you do the same for him, and when you don't, he'll send you a message. Usually its more like the old Taz commericals starring Jeff Gordon back in 2000. Usually he shows a little front, ya know the subtle little tap down into the corner that says 'Hey Numb nuts, I'm still here and I didn't appreciate that." Sometimes he steps it up a notch and shows 'em a liitle side-ya know, the little rub down the side of the car that says "if ya do that again I'm gonna plant ya straight into the fence. Usually thats enough before the other dirver lets Harv show the rear of his car to him as he drives by. I can count on my fingers alone the number of drivers he has wrecked in over 750+ starts across all three series. And almost without exception, those drivers had it coming. I can only think of a few that maybe didn't deserve what they got (Joe Nemechek in the All-Star race comes to mind-hell the wreck that caused the blow up wasn't even his fault) The other I can think of may very well be Coy Gibbs in that truck race at Martinsville that got him parked for the Cup race. Coy did spin him out, but it really looked like an accident. Harv tapped him, Coy retaliated for the tap and Kev spun him out. He didn't get parked for that, tho, it was for the way he showed up the officials when he parked his truck at the nascar hauler and walked away. That was all a little over the top.

People keep bringing up Homestead last year. What really happned at Homestead? I was watching the Directv hot pass from Harvs car the entire race, not the DSPN pablum so I was able to focus on Harv every lap. Shrub was out of contention for the championship, yet he kept doing stupid things like running Kev up the track, cutting him off at every opportunity. Pretty amaturish considering that a) the teammates of the other championship contenders (including Harv's teammates) steered well clear of the 3 drivers that had a shot; and B) Shrub HADDA know Harvick well enough by then that kiddie stuff was not gonna go down too well with him. That last slide job Harv "could" have lifted, I guess he just got tired of Shrub's BS and decided not to lift. That's a far cry from turning left and dropping 20 feet down the track to hook 'em in the right rear under caution. So, yeah, he's got one coming. You can count on it. Infineon is the week after the probation is lifted and a date I have circled on my calender ;)

Sparky1329
12th May 2011, 05:48
I'm loving this testosterone run amok and so is NASCAR. :D

Ditto Infineon, slo. Road course races are my favorites anyway. A few guys with ruffled feathers should make things interesting.