PDA

View Full Version : Sam Michael Quits

Ranger
3rd May 2011, 11:12
Sam Michael and cheif aerodynamicist Jon Tomlinson are have resigned, effective at year's end.

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2011/05/03/san-michael-jon-tomlinson-leave-williams-2011/

Mike Coughlan is joining the team as Chief Engineer.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/91085

F1boat
3rd May 2011, 11:30
I wish them well. They won the first F1 race I have ever watched and although I am unhappy that they didn't continue with Hill after 1996, I still have a soft spot for them.

shazbot
3rd May 2011, 12:40
After the heady days of '02 and '03 the team Williams made some bad internal staffing decisions by letting go some good people and replacing them with unpopular and unproductive staff. Somehow Michael survived the cull and the team has slowly sunk from being in the hunt for the championship to barely an also ran. Hopefully things will get better - I just think Michael should go now rather than hang around for the rest of the year.

Sonic
3rd May 2011, 16:32
WTF? So that means the 2012 car will be overseen by the same people who have produced a (so far) deeply underwhelming 2011 motor.

driveace
3rd May 2011, 21:55
Glad they are seeing the light,and hopefully will be back into Q3 before long.
they have lost direction of late,and with Ron Dennis stepping down or retiring before long,they need some new blood in there and new thinking

Dave B
3rd May 2011, 23:32
Glad they are seeing the light,and hopefully will be back into Q3 before long.
they have lost direction of late,and with Ron Dennis stepping down or retiring before long,they need some new blood in there and new thinking

When did Ron work for Williams?!

Hawkmoon
4th May 2011, 05:06
When did Ron work for Williams?!

I bet Sir Frank got a shock when Ron turned up in his office.

Ari
5th May 2011, 01:02
Not only did Ron work for him, it seems he's about to step down! Boy did I have a long sleep! ;)

wedge
11th May 2011, 14:46
Not surprising really since its been rumoured since pre-season testing at the very least.

Big surprise is Coughlan. Controversial appointment.