PDA

View Full Version : Sao paulo race is on! Now!

maxmach
2nd May 2011, 13:27
Thought it was going to be 1 edt, but it is on right now.........

dataman1
2nd May 2011, 17:17
Figures. I am at work with timers set for original 1 PM EDT. Oh well, with the lousy ratings on Versus who would watch on a Monday morning, maybe 10K.

jackmart
2nd May 2011, 17:22
Last night on indycars website it said it would be on at 8am. I agree if there were uncertainty the announcers should have expressed that. For future reference make sure to check this website.

I was so happy because my two favorite guys are Rahal and Briscoe and happy to see them both on the podium. I strongly dislike Will Power so not too thrilled to see him win again.

nigelred5
2nd May 2011, 17:29
Last night on indycars website it said it would be on at 8am. I agree if there were uncertainty the announcers should have expressed that. For future reference make sure to check this website.

I was so happy because my two favorite guys are Rahal and Briscoe and happy to see them both on the podium. I strongly dislike Will Power so not too thrilled to see him win again.

ditto. both the Versus and Indycar websites showed 8:00 am last night. I set the DVR both. It was already scheduled to re-broadcast at 3 edt today, so pray to the DVR gods one of them will catch it 8)

booger
2nd May 2011, 18:04
Well, that's a steaming load. I just tuned in to see the race and a couple of yoyos are fishing. I think VS and Indycar owe us viewers an apology for this...

booger
2nd May 2011, 18:19
You would think the Izod Indycar website would've sent out an email to the fans on the time change, wouldn't you? They aren't shy about filling my inbox with a bunch of garbage most of the time. But they have been conspicuously quiet for the last week. Screw 'em. Sounds like it was a crappy race anyway.

Jag_Warrior
2nd May 2011, 21:31
The DirecTV guide shows the replay beginning at 5PM Eastern.

ykiki
3rd May 2011, 00:18
Great. So I could've watched it before I headed off to work today? Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiice. Oh well, I guess I'll just go home and empty off the unwanted "stuff" on my DVR.

slorydn1
3rd May 2011, 03:47
I see I'm not the only one who got screwed by the sudden time change. I came home after a freakin 12 hour shift and got to see some fishing show for my trouble. Great way to grow viewership, Versus.
Why have your announcers state a time like it's set in stone then change it? It never even occured to me to check the website because Bob Jenkins said it was "1PM Eastern Time" like it was set in stone, not well we think it may be 1pm but you may want to check our website. Nascar races rain out several times a year and when the network says be back at 1pm tomorrow they mean 1pm tomorrow-the cars are on the grid with the engines running at 1pm as TV comes out of the last set of commercials prior to the race broadcast. I'd be truly surprised if they did even have 10k viewers for this race. Ridiculous :angryfire

garyshell
3rd May 2011, 04:30
I see I'm not the only one who got screwed by the sudden time change. I came home after a freakin 12 hour shift and got to see some fishing show for my trouble. Great way to grow viewership, Versus.
Why have your announcers state a time like it's set in stone then change it? It never even occured to me to check the website because Bob Jenkins said it was "1PM Eastern Time" like it was set in stone, not well we think it may be 1pm but you may want to check our website. Nascar races rain out several times a year and when the network says be back at 1pm tomorrow they mean 1pm tomorrow-the cars are on the grid with the engines running at 1pm as TV comes out of the last set of commercials prior to the race broadcast. I'd be truly surprised if they did even have 10k viewers for this race. Ridiculous :angryfire

Since when does Versus set the race start time? The race organizer is the one who changed the time. Versus has a contract to show the race LIVE and a rebroadcast. And they did just that. They showed the race live and then replayed it at the time that they originally said they would. If you have a beef, it is with someone in Sao Paulo, not Versus.

Gary

dataman1
3rd May 2011, 20:39
Since when does Versus set the race start time? The race organizer is the one who changed the time. Versus has a contract to show the race LIVE and a rebroadcast. And they did just that. They showed the race live and then replayed it at the time that they originally said they would. If you have a beef, it is with someone in Sao Paulo, not Versus.

Gary

Gary, The point we are trying to make is that the live TV announce team stated it would be broadcast at 1PM EST on Monday during the original broadcast. No mention of live or tape delay. Many of us set our DVR's based upon that announcement. Jenkins either had his head up his a$$ or got bad information. Either way many recorded fishing shows. As one reader points out, they can send us junk e-mails but not alerts about TV coverage.

garyshell
3rd May 2011, 21:18
The tape delay rebroadcast had been on the schedule all along, no change in that. The promoter changed the Monday start time latter in the day Sunday because of forecasts for more rain latter on Monday. Not sure how that is Jenkins or Versus fault. Remind me when is the last time you EVER got an email from a broadcaster about a schedule change?

Sorry, you didn't get to see the live broadcast or the scheduled replay. Guess I was lucky that I checked the website Sunday night to verify the time, since my cable box didn't show anything except the rebroadcast on Monday afternoon, and I knew that was not the live continuation of the event. I was afraid that since the race was being run on Monday, they might not show the rebroadcast at all. But apparently they did.

Gary

dataman1
4th May 2011, 16:52
Randy gave a good explanation last night on the new Indycar show. I still feel Indycar could have sent an e-mail announcement of the change. By the way, I liked the show.

nigelred5
4th May 2011, 17:15
The DVR would not have cought the rescheduled live broadcast had I not manually set it to record what the guide said was a fishing show, however "record all episodes, at any time on this channel" has rarely failed me. I'd rather delete 5 rebroadcasts than miss 1 race. I haven't had to add an Indycar or F1 race to my schedule in several seasons unless I had to swap out a faulty DVR. I haven't had a chance to watch the new show yet, however it sounse like it should be good.

slorydn1
4th May 2011, 17:39

Gary

Where in my post did I state that Versus was responsible for setting the start time? Read before you slam. My beef IS with Versus because THEIR announcer said the race WILL be shown at 1pm ET Sunday. It wasn't Bernard or Barnhardt on my TV telling me when the race was, it was BOB JENKINS who works for WHOM? Indy Car? No, he works for VERSUS. I still have the recording as I hadn't cleared my DVR yet. He didn't say it MAY be, subject to change, he said it WILL be. Period.

As for the change, I really don't give a rats behind who made it. I can tell you that before a Nascar rain-out broadcast goes off the air, a start time for the make up is given and it is set in CONCRETE (unless of course, the weather is inclement the following day, too). The sanctioning body and broadcast PARTNER (whether we like it or not they do have say as to when the deal goes down) get together and they hash it out before the original broadcast ends and thats that. They know that people have set aside time to watch the original race, and sometimes the make up time is not convenient for them so they will be recording it. And how, pray tell, is someone supposed to record something if they have no clue when it will be on?
As for the promoter changing the start time of the race that should NEVER be allowed to happen. Indy Car has GOT to grow a set and take charge. As much as I despise Brian France, I can tell you he would NEVER let Bruton Smith say after they go off the air "I know you told everyone we would have the Coke 600 at 1pm on Monday but I've decided we are going to do it at 8am instead." Nascar has many issues that need to be addressed, but making decisions in situations like these are not one of them.

Its dumb little failures like these that Indy Car doesn't need and until they can figure out how to keep things like this from happening Indy Car will remain a 4th tier racing series (TV wise, not racing wise) behind even the lower divisions in Nascar