PDA

View Full Version : Alex MacDowall

Alfa Fan
1st May 2011, 21:25
After incidents in every meeting so far this season, he is now only one offense away from a mandatory three month ban by the MSA.

Allyc85
1st May 2011, 22:07
Ive yet to see what he did today as I was at the other end of the circuit, but that is shocking so early in the season :eek: :eek:

VkmSpouge
2nd May 2011, 00:00
I assume MacDowall got given the penalty for the lunged for a gap on Rob Collard from a looong way back and tapped the BMW into a spin.

Sarah
2nd May 2011, 14:39
Must admit I have not been impressed with some of his driving so far.

Torg22
5th May 2011, 09:33
I saw race 2 & 3 last night on ITV player and can see why Collard was so annoyed about the incident. The penalty points was deserved in my eyes. People should respect the rear end of those beemers more!!

Allyc85
5th May 2011, 15:31
Just a thought, when was the last time someone from the BTCC did get banned for racking up the points?

Alfa Fan
5th May 2011, 15:41
Gavin Pyper in 2002. Although he successfully appealed the 3-month ban. Still had to miss Silverstone whilst waiting for the appeal and was replaced that meeting by Kelvin Burt.

RMLCruzeing82
6th May 2011, 13:13
Gavin Pyper in 2002. Although he successfully appealed the 3-month ban. Still had to miss Silverstone whilst waiting for the appeal and was replaced that meeting by Kelvin Burt.

wasnt that the crazy lung on James Kaye's Honda Civic at Thuxton that got him the final points and the ban?

Wasted Talent
7th May 2011, 21:11
Always amazes me the lack of brains of some drivers - if MacDowall had eased off only slightly there would have been no problem

WT

AndySpeed
13th May 2011, 04:39
I think Reidy came close in 2004 if I recall correctly...

Iain
13th May 2011, 14:04
wasnt that the crazy lung on James Kaye's Honda Civic at Thuxton that got him the final points and the ban?

Yes it was. I think he had points hanging over him from 2001 which then carried into 2002. If I remember rightly he had a go at Kaye for being "a dinosaur" who couldn't handle being beaten by a younger driver. He really was a wasted talent. I remember being at Mondello Park in 2002 when he came from the back of the grid to win the sprint race in his class after the Alfa had engine problems in qualifying.

Alfa Fan
13th May 2011, 14:28
I have no doubts that had Pyper been given the right opportunities he would have been one of the top drivers now.

Les
15th May 2011, 10:40
didn't Yvan Muller have to sit out the Donington meeting one year?

Alfa Fan
15th May 2011, 10:46
No just the qualifying session at Donington in 2003 for a specific incident with Anthony Reid in parc ferme after race 2 at Brands the week before.

BDunnell
16th May 2011, 14:07
Yes it was. I think he had points hanging over him from 2001 which then carried into 2002. If I remember rightly he had a go at Kaye for being "a dinosaur" who couldn't handle being beaten by a younger driver. He really was a wasted talent.

One of two particular examples in the BTCC, in my opinion, the other being Gareth Howell. I must say, seeing one or two of the drivers in quick cars in this year's championship and then thinking that people of the calibre of Pyper and Howell have ended up without drives for season after season rankles somewhat, but I suppose motor racing has always been like that.