PDA

View Full Version : Second Brazil Race in '12

Alfa Fan
30th April 2011, 20:23
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/91034

I know over the pond you'll probably not be too keen on this, but from a "neutral" prospective, this looks to be good news for the series. Brazil is clearly a very important market for IndyCar atm, judging by the number of South American drivers/sponsors involved in the series atm.

NickFalzone
30th April 2011, 21:54
As long as it's an "additional" race and doesn't replace one of the current ones, I'm fine with it. Although, tbh as a driver/team member, I'd be a little concerned about the safety of some of the areas they're traveling to.

anthonyvop
3rd May 2011, 19:32
As long as it's an "additional" race and doesn't replace one of the current ones, I'm fine with it. Although, tbh as a driver/team member, I'd be a little concerned about the safety of some of the areas they're traveling to.

A 2nd Brazil race is very good news.
I can name a lot of races that a 2nd race in Brazil can replace and I wouldn't shed a tear....Start with every Oval race.

NickFalzone
3rd May 2011, 23:50
I can name a lot of races that a 2nd race in Brazil can replace and I wouldn't shed a tear....Start with every Oval race.

Anthony, I can imagine you with a straight face saying that you'd rather have a 2nd street race in Brazil than the Indy 500. And that's fine. But I am also allowed to think your opinion is assinine.

anthonyvop
4th May 2011, 04:05
Anthony, I can imagine you with a straight face saying that you'd rather have a 2nd street race in Brazil than the Indy 500. And that's fine. But I am also allowed to think your opinion is assinine.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Even today I had someone in the Biz actually tell me that the Indy 500 is the world's most important race of the year.

I should have qualified my oval comment and excluded the Indy 500 from being potentially dropped. When you name the series after the race it would seem kind of silly to drop the race even though it is a just a pale shadow of what it once was.

nigelred5
4th May 2011, 11:31

Here we go again. Even as an ardent CART and Champcar supporter, I never supported abandonment of what has defined American open wheel racing. CHAMPCAR was forced into abandoning ovals not because they wanted to. I just want to see more races period and I'd love to see MIS and Fontana back on the schedule in place of Chicagoland and Kansas, two tracks I can't stand, no matter what series is driving around in circles on them.

I think Cotman will be involved in designing this track as well so it should be a good layout.