PDA

View Full Version : pick up cost comparison

champcarjim
18th March 2007, 16:02
I don't reaaly follow the going's on in pick up racing despite sitting and watching there racing,

how much cost difference is the pick up to the stock cars for running on the oval and over the season?

with stock cars needins an A licence do you need the same for pick up's ???

there will be some difference but how much??? for a season in stock cars and for pick ups and do any drivers do just the oval and not the other tracks?

did go on the website but got bored!

pickup
18th March 2007, 20:50
I don't reaaly follow the going's on in pick up racing despite sitting and watching there racing,

how much cost difference is the pick up to the stock cars for running on the oval and over the season?

with stock cars needins an A licence do you need the same for pick up's ???

there will be some difference but how much??? for a season in stock cars and for pick ups and do any drivers do just the oval and not the other tracks?

did go on the website but got bored!

First point i don't really understand your question that you don't follow the goings on in a pick up race, it's a race whats not to understand the truck that crosses the line first after the required number of laps is the winner!

Second point i think would need somebody to answer that has raced in both series and knows the cost comparison on respective parts for SCSA/Pickups plus the entry fees for the Stock cars at the present time is uncertain.

The MSA license requirement for pickups is national "B"

Again the cost difference between the two formulas over a season would be very difficult to calculate without writing paragraphs of cost comparisons plus it would also depend on the amount of major repairs needed.(Would the comparison include the initial purchase of the car and equipment?)

Some pickup drivers choose to race at just Rockingham.

Website: well i suppose if your'e going to read through all the technical specs and regulations it would get boring but i personally think it's excellent for people to read just to give them an insight into driver profiles, championship standings plus news (results) and information on meetings and dates.

Nick Brad
20th March 2007, 12:00
Off the top of my head, (Keith, you were taking notes weren't you,) I think the costs roughly calculated in '05 worked out that pickups were double that of the cars. As pointed out though, entry costs aren't known yet for the cars and accident damage/amount of tyres etc has to be factored in.

pickup
20th March 2007, 12:08
Off the top of my head, (Keith, you were taking notes weren't you,) I think the costs roughly calculated in '05 worked out that pickups were double that of the cars. As pointed out though, entry costs aren't known yet for the cars and accident damage/amount of tyres etc has to be factored in.

You must be talking about the whole season for the pickups including circuits as compared to just Rockingham for the stockcars.

Nick Brad
20th March 2007, 12:39
Yeah, as I say, I wasn't taking notes and I've slept many times since then so figures are a bit hazy, but Sonny was quoting for a full season of trucks as opposed to just the oval rounds.
That's why you really need someone who was a) on time and b) had a notepad on hand to actually record what was being said. :)