PDA

View Full Version : World Motor Sport Council

DonJippo
8th December 2006, 22:28
Had a meeting today in Monaco...anyone having information what this will bring us?

The WMSC received a report from the FIA World Rally Championship Commission setting out a programme and strategy for the format of the series over the next five years. This programme is now under discussion.http://www.fia.com/mediacentre/Press_Releases/FIA_Sport/2006/December/081206-03.html

StevoEvo
8th December 2006, 22:38
Had a meeting today in Monaco...anyone having information what this will bring us?

http://www.fia.com/mediacentre/Press_Releases/FIA_Sport/2006/December/081206-03.html

Looks like a case of Watch this space DonJippo lol,,,,
Something radical perhaps? lol

animrallye
9th December 2006, 01:25
One page report and two lines about WRC saying nothing :mad:
What about WRC future :confused:

Daniel
9th December 2006, 08:26
I see this as positive :up: When they kept on ****ing around with the WRC and F1 they screwed them both up and made them a bit more boring. Perhaps if they leave the WRC alone it will get a bit more exciting.

I live in hope :p

DonJippo
14th December 2006, 16:14
More of the meeting slowly coming public...

Chandler stated that the WRCC has a wide variety of far reaching options under consideration. "We must prepare the future to fit in with the available types of car expected to be on the market and the new generation of promotional ideas. We must also find solutions to the situation where teams want fewer events, yet more and more organisers want to be part of the championship."

http://www.wrc.com/page/News/BreakingNewsDetail/0,,10111~941090,00.html

Daniel
14th December 2006, 16:29
Sounds like a rotational system coming in.....

Mr_xl_Lancia_lx_
14th December 2006, 17:47
well when the rotational system was last in, i wasnt into the WRC but i hear it was a disaster...some one wanna fill me in on its failings?

but from where i stand it looks like a good idea...as long as the monte is always round 1.

im british, but i think it is probably too much to expect WRGB to be kept as a permanent fixture in a rotational system.....

AndyRAC
14th December 2006, 21:08
If they go for lesser events as they should then a rotational system is the only possible solution. However certain events should always run; Monte, Acropolis,1000 Lakes, Rally GB, the rest can rotate. The last time they tried rotation the Monte and RAC wre left off he calendar in 1996, you can't have a WRC without those two events, even if they are a shadow of the classic events they used to be.
What we want now is a clear decision on whether the WRC stays with WRCars or an alternative, e.g S2000, but what is desparately needed are more manufacturers and cheaper cars and less top drivers sitting on their arses doing nothing, while 'Rent-A-Drivers' take most of the seats.

White Sauron
14th December 2006, 21:32
Hm... Looking at Henning' car, did the FIA again allowed to use both driver' and co-driver' names on the back glasses?

MJW
14th December 2006, 21:33
I guess the new R classes will be some kind of compromise on costs of cars, maybe not full WRC cars and maybe not S2000, perhaps S2.5 or something. I'm sure we will see some big changes by 2009, F1 changes are big pushing for cost savings and "green" image.

SubaruNorway
14th December 2006, 22:51
Hm... Looking at Henning' car, did the FIA again allowed to use both driver' and co-driver' names on the back glasses?

Thats only the show car if you didn't notice. A standard Focus ST

White Sauron
14th December 2006, 22:57
Thats only the show car if you didn't notice. A standard Focus ST

Yeah, but the names can be an indicator...