View Full Version : You are a new team owner starting 2012

TURN3
21st April 2011, 21:29
Pick your engine and aero kit combo.

uncommonsense52
21st April 2011, 22:52
Engine: Honda
Aerokit: Dallara

That's boring, I know, but I think that the experience both of those builders have given their previous exclusivity in the series will be advantageous in 2012.

I considered Chevy, since they're going with the Penske guys, and Penske always has something competitive, but for now, Honda/Dallara and then in 2013 maybe I switch to all Chevy, if it's working with the Penske guys.

And just to add more fun to it, since I'm starting my own team, I'd ask these guys to drive for me:

Andrew Ranger
Bruno Junqueira

Assuming they're not busy, of course, lol.

TURN3
21st April 2011, 23:42
I'm with you on the Penske thing. But! Roger has been wrong before (i.e. Penske vs Bernard or Toyota vs Honda). Smart $ says stay with Honda on engine side.

Chris R
22nd April 2011, 01:40
I might be inclined to take a risk on Chevy.... Honda seems to be in a bit of a slump as of late (the design team sure seems to have upgraded to an even worse ugly stick) and Chevy seems to be on a bit of a roll and Ilmor is pretty good at building engines (and that is all that really matters anyway). As for the aero kit - in year one Dallara seems a no brainer - seems unlikely the chassis maker will be beat in the introductory year - but who knows.... Is Lotus doing an engine or just an aero package??

nigelred5
23rd April 2011, 13:53
Lotus is supposed to be doing both. It was originally suspected to be worming with cosworth through kalkoven but its not. This early in the am the engine company escapes me. It was someone like Hart or Mechachrome

Chamoo
23rd April 2011, 23:32
Lotus has contracted Judd engines I believe to build their engines. Heard a couple rumors that their first test engine is to hit the dyno this mid-may.

Jag_Warrior
24th April 2011, 08:47
Waitress, I'll have (exactly) what Mr. Penske is having. That's assuming that he's not being allowed to keep a secret saltshaker under his table (that no one else gets access to for 6-12 months).

Marbles
25th April 2011, 02:37
Forgive me but I could I have a list to choose from? Without having a list I'd have to go with Cosworth and March... maybe LOLa.

elan 02
25th April 2011, 04:44
If we push hard for chevy/chevy maybe we will see ford/ford?

uncommonsense52
25th April 2011, 18:04
For drivers I want both experience and youth. My #1 driver will be a veteran who is reasonably quick, but doesn't have to have been a consistant winner though. I want someone who can set up a car and carry it to the finish without crashing all the time. A clause in their contract will require them to mentor my #2 driver. #2 will be relatively young but with experience in several different training series. They will be quick and have a talent for getting the most out of a car. This driver will be a work in progress. Both drivers will be signed to mid to long term contracts - minimum 3 years with incentive clauses for performance.

So your drivers are Joe Tanto and Jimmy Bly? :D

anthonyvop
25th April 2011, 18:19

Post of the Week!!!!

BTW if it was up to JV everyone would run the same body in 2012

http://www.racer.com/vasser-seeks-to-delay-indycar-body-kits-to-2013/article/201302/

TURN3
25th April 2011, 18:20
Those guys were awesome!

nigelred5
25th April 2011, 19:19
Post of the Week!!!!

BTW if it was up to JV everyone would run the same body in 2012

http://www.racer.com/vasser-seeks-to-delay-indycar-body-kits-to-2013/article/201302/

so if I'm reading into that, Jimmy( The "factory"Lotus team) doesn't think Lotus will have their kit fully developed and available in 2012 and if they do, they aren't "giving" it to the factory team.

nigelred5
25th April 2011, 20:18
I'm sure that there have to be seveal humorous replies to that. But, since I never saw that (very regretable) movie, I have no idea what they are. So I think I've been had on that one.

:confused: :p

Only good thing about that movie was Gina Gershon, and she didn't even get naked. I've seen better racing footage in a Dukes of Hazzard episode.

116 minutes of my life I'll never get back

uncommonsense52
25th April 2011, 21:07
I'm sure that there have to be seveal humorous replies to that. But, since I never saw that (very regretable) movie, I have no idea what they are. So I think I've been had on that one.

:confused: :p

Driven makes Michael Bay look like Shakespeare.

bblocker68
25th April 2011, 21:41
Pick your engine and aero kit combo.

Which ever one WP is in!!!

Guess that puts me with Chevy and either Chevy or Dallara?

Speedworx
26th April 2011, 21:10
It would be the same for me:

Engine: Honda
Aerokit: Dallara

We would evaluate during 2012 and make any potantial swap for 2013.

Mightyreds
29th April 2011, 05:33
Whoever gives me the best deal.