PDA

View Full Version : Closer to the Edge TT 3d movie.

sal
20th April 2011, 22:46
http://www.tt3dmovie.com

With the release imminent is anyone off to see this film? Looks like Guy Martin's star will continue to rise on the back of this!

NinjaMaster
21st April 2011, 02:00
Nice, very nice. Hope it comes to Australian cinemas but think I maybe waiting for the dvd unfortunately.

patnicholls
21st April 2011, 12:58
By 'eck chief, I'm looking forward to this.

Now all I have to do is convince my friends (who mostly aren't into bike racing)!

patnicholls
25th April 2011, 00:20
I saw this tonight - HIGHLY recommended!

billiaml
26th April 2011, 19:17
That ... looks ... so ... TOTALLY ... AWESOME!!! :D

Allyc85
26th April 2011, 20:20
I was so ****ed off that the cinemas around here showed this for one day only, but will show a film about JLS endlessly!

Infact the only places in the whole of the south west showing this are in Plymouth and Bristol!

MrJan
27th April 2011, 11:04
I was so ****ed off that the cinemas around here showed this for one day only, but will show a film about JLS endlessly!

Infact the only places in the whole of the south west showing this are in Plymouth and Bristol!

I didn't even realise it had been on until now. Still a trip to Plymouth or Bristol on Friday evening is a bit tempting, reckon Plymouth will be easier as you won't have to fight your way back with Bank Holiday traffic.

billiaml
27th April 2011, 15:42

Road trip?

MrJan
27th April 2011, 21:57
Road trip?

TBF it's hardly a road trip in terms that you'd think of in the States, Plymouth is about an hour away from where I live :D

Allyc85
27th April 2011, 22:07
And an extra 15-30 minutes for me.

Might see if I can drag a few mates down to Plymouth, though 99% of them think racing is gay and boring.....

MrJan
28th April 2011, 20:51
Might see if I can drag a few mates down to Plymouth, though 99% of them think racing is gay and boring.....

If you're going down Friday and have a spare seat then I'd happily fill it and chip in for fuel, or I'll have a spare seat in my car if you wanna grab a lift :up:

MrJan
2nd May 2011, 20:10
Went to see this on Friday night and it was superb. Really well shot and Guy Martin is such a character, had the whole cinema laughing at a lot of stuff he said. The fact that I enjoy the TT but hadn't watched a lot of last year's coverage also meant that there was a good element of suspense for the racing.

sal
3rd May 2011, 23:00
Despite starting this thread I only got to see the film at the weekend as had to go through to Leeds to catch it. The film is superb funny, tragic, spectacular, moving and exciting in equal measure, the riders and their families etc are a breed apart. Thought one of the most amazing sequences was the one showing one of Guy Martin's pit crew sat slumped on the pit wall before the news came through that Guy was relatively unscathed after his fireball crash. Also Connor Cummins monumental off as he is followed by the helicopter mounted camera had the audience collectivley whincing.Thought the editing and the relative sparcity of the voice over was spot on. A true motorsport classic film regardless of whether you are into bikes or not. As and when the film gets to dvd I think you wont miss too much by it not being 3d either!

racer69
4th May 2011, 13:13
Nice, very nice. Hope it comes to Australian cinemas but think I maybe waiting for the dvd unfortunately.

I'm told we will get it.... no idea where or when though

NinjaMaster
4th May 2011, 13:40
It has a release date of November 17 in New Zilland, hopefully bout that time. Maybe round MotoGP time?

The Phantom
4th May 2011, 14:15
I'm going to PI this year for MotoGP so if it's on in Melbourne around that time (I will be flying down from Brisbane) then I am definitely in for a collective viewing? Can't wait to see it.

suzukimad07
4th May 2011, 14:41
TT3D smashes into UK box office top 10
By Guy Procter -

TT3D Closer to the Edge has spread to 60 MORE new cinemas, ranking it among the most successful big screen documentary releases ever. The buzz around the brilliant biking movie continues to grow, and no wonder when viewers are reacting as they are. As of this Friday TT3D is in the 130 cinemas listed below, and more keep being added. If it wasn't playing in your local town before, it could well be now.
We can't stress enough how important it is to see the film in 3D *designed, according to director Richard de Aragures, "to draw the viewer in to the screen, not bombard them with debris as is the current blockbuster technique".

Aragues goes on: "For a small Brit movie, we¹ve already reached No 9 in the UK box office chart * and that¹s on a really limited screen release. Most of the top 8 films have over 400 screens releases!"
"I've been overwhelmed by the response to the film; and touched by the stories of people travelling a sixty mile round trip to see it! Then as soon as they get home, they've posted that they've booked to go the next night too! I knew fellow bikers would appreciate this film, but when one of Jared Leto's many female fans tweeted that that's the only reason they went to the cinema *but the film blew them away * then that makes me a happy man."
'We loved it!'
Murray Walker, voice of TT & F1
"Words fail me for once. It’s the finest film film I’ve ever seen in my life."
Matthew Parris, Times columnist
"I was completely gripped for every second. I never thought I could get into a film on the Isle of Man, TT or motorbikes but it had me riveted. Amazing."
Kenny Law, Dublin, MCN reader
"From beginning to end I was on the edge of my seat and I’ve never said that about any film before."
Clive Padgett, Padgett’s team boss
"I hope it brings bike racing to the masses. It deserves to. Let’s spread the word!"
Ian Hutchinson, TT star
"It’s a really special watch. I’ve watched a million documentaries on the TT and this is up there with the best."
Paul Stewart, son of Jackie
"I came away thinking the F1 guys have got a lot to learn!"
Bradley Miles, Datchett, MCN reader
"Perfect. So much better than watching racing on TV. The background, the action, everything. Ten out of ten."
Steve Parrish, MotoGP commentator
"Seeing the racers be so frank and honest was wonderful and the action incredible. Favourite moments? The laughs. I can’t get Guy’s twitching toes out of my head

Allyc85
4th May 2011, 16:44
Went to see this on Friday night and it was superb. Really well shot and Guy Martin is such a character, had the whole cinema laughing at a lot of stuff he said. The fact that I enjoy the TT but hadn't watched a lot of last year's coverage also meant that there was a good element of suspense for the racing.

Gutted I didnt go in the end instead of going out in Seaton, getting way too pissed and losing the battery to my phone amongst other things!

MrJan
4th May 2011, 18:43
Seems like the demand has caused it to get picked up a bit more though, Vue in Plymouth are showing most nights this week and now Apollo in Torbay have picked it up :)