PDA

View Full Version : Felipe Baby!

RJL25
18th April 2011, 09:11
So, Felipe Massa, has he just suddenly woken up and remembered how to drive again? Or did he never forget and it is simply a case of the new Ferrari / Pirelli tyres suiting his driving style more then previously allowing him to not just start being competitive with Alonso this year, but to be fair he's also starting to show that he can beat Fernando!

Thoughts, opinions, discuss!

Sonic
18th April 2011, 09:33
Not sure. I'll need more evidence than a single GP. Was it Massa having a good race? Or Fred having a bad one? One could argue that Ferarri could have got a podium.

Mia 01
18th April 2011, 10:09
Yesterday it was the Seb and Mark syndrom, but the opposite.

555-04Q2
18th April 2011, 11:22
Well Felipe likes Turkey so he should be quick there. Still think Alonso is quicker but for now it's good to see Felipe doing so well :)

Valve Bounce
18th April 2011, 11:24
Well Felipe likes Turkey so he should be quick there.
:)

What if Felipe preferred Fillet Mignon? :p :
.........or Peking Duck :D

555-04Q2
18th April 2011, 11:25
What if Felipe preferred Fillet Mignon? :p :
.........or Peking Duck :D

Then he's got a serious problem :laugh:

Arjuna
19th April 2011, 11:13
Massa is a fast driver, would he have manner of performance to outpace Alonso constantly?. He scored more points in Malaysia, but it's more a result of penalty imposed to Alonso. More likely it's an one-off..

ioan
20th April 2011, 19:17
Massa is a fast driver, would he have manner of performance to outpace Alonso constantly?. He scored more points in Malaysia, but it's more a result of penalty imposed to Alonso. More likely it's an one-off..

He scored more than Alonso in China too.
Does that make it a two off? Or maybe we should call it a nasty habit?! ;)

N4D13
20th April 2011, 21:43
In Malaysia, Alonso was well in front of him, but misjudged a pass on Hamilton and ended up right behind Felipe - so did Felipe lose time in a pitstop, but it's difficult to know where both drivers would have been. In China, Massa overtook Alonso at the start, and poor strategy made Alonso lose lots of time. Even though it appears that Massa has driven better in China than he did in Malaysia and Australia, there's not enough evidence to decide that he's raised his game just like that. He needs to beat Alonso in a straight fight - and Turkey, which is kind of his sanctuary, might be the perfect place to do so.

ioan
21st April 2011, 05:50
In Malaysia, Alonso was well in front of him, but misjudged a pass on Hamilton and ended up right behind Felipe - so did Felipe lose time in a pitstop, but it's difficult to know where both drivers would have been. In China, Massa overtook Alonso at the start, and poor strategy made Alonso lose lots of time. Even though it appears that Massa has driven better in China than he did in Malaysia and Australia, there's not enough evidence to decide that he's raised his game just like that. He needs to beat Alonso in a straight fight - and Turkey, which is kind of his sanctuary, might be the perfect place to do so.

Massa does not need to beat Alonso in a straight fight, he only needs to finish ahead of him.

Sonic
21st April 2011, 09:47
Actually Ioan I think he does need to beat Mr six tenths in a straight fight. Alonso has that team wound round his little finger so I don't think just outscoring him on the odd occasion will change that. IMO Massa needs to grab a few podiums from right under Fred's nose, only then can the red tide shift towards his side of the garage.

You know Ferarri better than I, what do you think?

Retro Formula 1
21st April 2011, 09:57
Massa is a confidence driver and his big weakness is that he is a bit susceptable to mind games from his team mate.

His accident is old news and I don't think is a factor whatsoever but this resurgence will only continue while Massa can remain positive.

ioan
21st April 2011, 10:34
Actually Ioan I think he does need to beat Mr six tenths in a straight fight. Alonso has that team wound round his little finger so I don't think just outscoring him on the odd occasion will change that. IMO Massa needs to grab a few podiums from right under Fred's nose, only then can the red tide shift towards his side of the garage.

You know Ferarri better than I, what do you think?

Depends what you define as a straight fight. To me last race was a straight fight as was Malaysia but to N4D13 it wasn't so I assumed he means that they should dice it out on the track like in Germany last season ( :p ) which in my opinion is not necessary in order to outscore Alonso.

Ferrari that we have now is something I don't want to lose my time thinking about, it's a bunch of dilettantes who think that Alonso can do what Schumacher did 15 years ago! Only that Schumacher didn't need a title sponsor to get a drive with Ferrari.

Sonic
21st April 2011, 11:14
Certainly last race was a straight fight - although as it's largely seen as a one off he's not getting much credit - but performance wise if we look at Sepang Massa was soundly beaten by Alonso. Only a heated moment denied him a podium. Now I know points are what matter to the real world, but Fredarri don't see it like that do they? In their eyes, golden boy was denied 15 points by the evil Lewis.

I still think Massa is going to have to put one over Fred to turn that mood in the red garage.

Big Ben
21st April 2011, 11:26
Depends what you define as a straight fight. To me last race was a straight fight as was Malaysia but to N4D13 it wasn't so I assumed he means that they should dice it out on the track like in Germany last season ( :p ) which in my opinion is not necessary in order to outscore Alonso.

Ferrari that we have now is something I don't want to lose my time thinking about, it's a bunch of dilettantes who think that Alonso can do what Schumacher did 15 years ago! Only that Schumacher didn't need a title sponsor to get a drive with Ferrari.

He only needed JT to put his boot on RB's neck and FIA to handle rival teams. He was so much awesomer. you are such a funny boy

Big Ben
21st April 2011, 11:30
Now I know points are what matter to the real world

no, it's not like that at all . this whole thread is the proof that for most fanboys one driver is just as good as his last race... as long as the driver one loves did well and/or the driver one hates did bad in that last race

SGWilko
21st April 2011, 11:48
Alonso has that team wound round his little finger

....which makes a straight fight impossible for Massa. His only options are to outstart and then remain ahead of Mr 6/10ths - and in China he did just that.

Sonic
21st April 2011, 13:02
....which makes a straight fight impossible for Massa. His only options are to outstart and then remain ahead of Mr 6/10ths - and in China he did just that.

Perhaps so. Snaps for Massa (god did I just say that?)

Mia 01
21st April 2011, 15:03
If they donīt win the title this year the blaim lands in Fernandos knee. Kimi is driving Nassie car.

Sonic
21st April 2011, 16:05
If they donīt win the title this year the blaim lands in Fernandos knee.

LMAO!

Mia 01
21st April 2011, 17:50
LMAO!

Your welcome.

Sonic
21st April 2011, 18:20
^^^^ I just LOVE your posts Mia. Always make me smile.

Mia 01
21st April 2011, 18:36
As a fan of Kimi Iīm dumb in many eyes, but they bought out his contract for, how much, 30 milion dollars, and signed Fernando for a simmillar sum of the year. Fernando will not get Ferrari some kind of a title this year if Massa not get it instead.

One thing Iīm sure of, Kimi will come back to F1, but he will not drive for Ferrari.

Big Ben
21st April 2011, 19:04
As a fan of Kimi Iīm dumb in many eyes, but they bought out his contract for, how much, 30 milion dollars, and signed Fernando for a simmillar sum of the year. Fernando will not get Ferrari some kind of a title this year if Massa not get it instead.

One thing Iīm sure of, Kimi will come back to F1, but he will not drive for Ferrari.

You shouldnīt blame Kimi... If you look dumb itīs because of the things you say

DexDexter
21st April 2011, 19:39

Go to Chit Chat and you know what a "dumb" is .

Mia 01
22nd April 2011, 17:18

Yeaah, dumb, dumber and ................. me. No suprise there.