Daniel
17th April 2011, 09:30
Button :D

Dave B
17th April 2011, 09:36
Amazing. Possibly threw away a win.

ioan
17th April 2011, 10:45
Any of them could have won it, it was more a question of luck then anything else. The one who changed tires 1 lap later could have made up a host of places within a couple of laps purely based on tires that lose seconds of pace in a lap!

Garry Walker
17th April 2011, 10:46
Button

Robinho
17th April 2011, 10:46
has to be Button unfortunately, he would have stayed ahead of Vettel through the 2nd part of the race and possibily had the win, or at very least the podium.

really silly error, obviously fancies a drive in the Red Bull!

CNR
17th April 2011, 10:48
Button was just dropping off his resume to red bull

Koz
17th April 2011, 10:50
The silly man who said "fuel levels are critical". Why distract poor Barbie like that, he might have won. And Button.

markabilly
17th April 2011, 10:51
Rosberg over Button.

Headed for driver of the race. At his last pit stop, he was in perfect position to win- ahead of hamilton, and with better tires. He could not handle it, and barely amanged to beat out massa, who was on worn out tires.-

ShiftingGears
17th April 2011, 10:52
Button had a few brain fades. But I found Rosberg's racecraft sadly lacking as well.

Dave B
17th April 2011, 10:52
Perez had a late entry for his hopeless overtaking attempt, as did Heidfeld on DiResta just as the flag fell.

markabilly
17th April 2011, 10:53
Any of them could have won it, it was more a question of luck then anything else. The one who changed tires 1 lap later could have made up a host of places within a couple of laps purely based on tires that lose seconds of pace in a lap!

True, very true, except for Rosberg.

Imagine if MS had been in that position to go for a win. Anyway, all this "fuel is critica", what?

ioan
17th April 2011, 10:58
True, very true, except for Rosberg.

Imagine if MS had been in that position to go for a win. Anyway, all this "fuel is critica", what?

Most probably Rosberg had used a richer fuel mix and he was in danger not finishing the race with what he had in the tank.

Daniel
17th April 2011, 11:01
Also should mention newey for being to clever and not getting kers to work

truefan72
17th April 2011, 11:11
yep, button
then perez

markabilly
17th April 2011, 11:12
Most probably Rosberg had used a richer fuel mix and he was in danger not finishing the race with what he had in the tank.

Do not know what the deal was with Rosberg and his team at the end. Looked like a breakthough drive for Rosberg, then he messed up, let hamilton through. Messed up and let Button through when he tried to pass Massa, then followed Button and masa around, without much effort, and finally passed Massa......It appears to me he should have been in front of Hamilton today, but he was not......

truefan72
17th April 2011, 11:13

I guess Brundel was right when he said that no kers might start to haunt Red Bull

Hawkmoon
17th April 2011, 11:17
Button. Not only did he drive through the wrong he pit, he actually stopped! Do blue and silver really look that much alike Jenson?

DexDexter
17th April 2011, 11:19

Rosberg was not a donkey, his car is just not as good as Mclaren or Red Bull. Excellent job by Nico.

The donkey of the race was rookie Perez.

markabilly
17th April 2011, 11:21
I think maybe he thought he should help out Hamilton and sit there for a few seconds.

Then decided otherwise

Do what alonso did to hamilton in the infamous pitstop, "freddy will leave when ready"....

markabilly
17th April 2011, 11:24
Rosberg was not a donkey, his car is just not as good as Mclaren or Red Bull. Excellent job by Nico.

The donkey of the race was rookie Perez.

Before the last pit stop he had been running mac and RB down. Great drive, but then.......crunch time arrived, and he was crunchee rather than cruncher.
Had his chance, and got beat by his own mistakes on the track

DexDexter
17th April 2011, 11:25
Before the last pit stop he had been running mac and RB down. Great drive, but then.......crunch time arrived, and he was crunchee rather than cruncher.
Had his chance, and got beat by his own mistakes on the track

And still comfortably beat his WDC teammate. Not the best end of the race for Nico, but not a donkey or whatever.

Zico
17th April 2011, 11:27
Button!.. Possibly threw away the win or podium at least, distracted? or what was he thinking? Perez comes close but seeing he's a rookie I wont be so hard on him.

steveaki13
17th April 2011, 11:43
Has to be Button and Perez.

Button a really bizarre situation and Perez for tagging Heidfeld, then wiping out Sutil in turns 1 & 2.

UltimateDanGTR
17th April 2011, 12:00
Button for being in the latest advert for specsavers (fingers crossed)
Perez for being like Kobayashi before he grew up a bit, simply too ambitious at times.

steveaki13
17th April 2011, 12:15
I think Jenson must have had all that shampoo in his eyes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJKc3gQGdjI

Rollo
17th April 2011, 13:16
Alguersuari's rear right wheel man...
...that was a pretty silly mistake from the “drinks company”, he was a right plonker.

Daika
17th April 2011, 13:22
Clearly it was the women (Chinese) who are the losers of this race. Formula 1 is very unfriendly, having to line up to applaud the drivers in mini skirts.

Daniel
17th April 2011, 13:22
Clearly it was the women (Chinese) who are the losers of this race. Formula 1 is very unfriendly, having to line up to applaud the drivers in mini skirts.

Huh?

Daika
17th April 2011, 13:34
Huh?

I really thought that was out of place. Put the pitcrew out there or "fans" but not a bunch of women to cheer the drivers up right after a race. Not 50 women.

UltimateDanGTR
17th April 2011, 14:14
I really thought that was out of place. Put the pitcrew out there or "fans" but not a bunch of women to cheer the drivers up right after a race. Not 50 women.

If you hadn't of noticed, they do that pretty much everywhere ;)

They're just there to add a bit of glamour to fit in with F1's image, let's face it otherwise they'd be walking down a dull magnolia corridor. Yes, it's technically sexist but having half men half women will make it look like an airline. There are far more important things going on in the world to be offended about like starvation and the exploitation of the poor, comparitively this is a non issue. If you're still offended, please do what everyone else in my country does and write to a British newspaper about it.

gm99
17th April 2011, 15:01
Button and the Torro Rosso crew.

Daika
17th April 2011, 15:06
If you hadn't of noticed, they do that pretty much everywhere ;)

There are far more important things going on in the world to be offended about like starvation and the exploitation of the poor, comparitively this is a non issue. If you're still offended, please do what everyone else in my country does and write to a British newspaper about it.

Yes the royal wedding is on top of my mind. After that world hunger. Don't be so offended by my comments.

UltimateDanGTR
17th April 2011, 16:27
Yes the royal wedding is on top of my mind. After that world hunger. Don't be so offended by my comments.

I wasn't offended, just a little annoyed that you seemed so easily offended, you reminded me of the over-PC brigade, which is another issue. ;) Actually it's a good job I didn't get offended as we'd soon end up in a cycle being offended by others being offended, and nobody wants that. :D

And I'm afraid to say on the contrary to you, I really don't care about the Royal wedding :)

N4D13
17th April 2011, 16:40
Pérez all the way for me. He was in demolition mode today - in the bad sense.

Bullet
17th April 2011, 20:00
Has to be Button. That one will follow him around the rest of his career, right up there with the guy (GP2 driver maybe, I can't remember) who celebrated his Monaco win before crossing the finish line.

christophulus
17th April 2011, 20:03
Perez - trying to keep up with Kobayashi's overtaking abilities but failing :) . Button threw away a good result too.

N4D13
17th April 2011, 21:29
Has to be Button. That one will follow him around the rest of his career, right up there with the guy (GP2 driver maybe, I can't remember) who celebrated his Monaco win before crossing the finish line.
Björn Wirdheim, F3000, 2003.

I didn't remember the name of the guy, but I knew that it was Nicolas Kiesa who won that day. I suppose that his name is easier to remember. :P

Mia 01
17th April 2011, 21:46
Sorry Jenson.

steveaki13
17th April 2011, 22:39

I didn't remember the name of the guy, but I knew that it was Nicolas Kiesa who won that day. I suppose that his name is easier to remember. :P

Ahh... Nicolas Kiesa, there's a name that would be a tricky one in an F1 trivia quiz 20 years from now.

airshifter
18th April 2011, 02:06
It's really a shame St Devote didn't stick around the forums. It would be comedy gold to hear all the excuses for wonder boy Jenson! :laugh:

It does make you wonder though... did he get so focused on the RB crew that he came to almost a complete stop before realizing they were waving him through? I bet he gets joked about this for years to come.

Daniel
18th April 2011, 02:07
It's really a shame St Devote didn't stick around the forums. It would be comedy gold to hear all the excuses for wonder boy Jenson! :laugh:

It does make you wonder though... did he get so focused on the RB crew that he came to almost a complete stop before realizing they were waving him through? I bet he gets joked about this for years to come.

We would have probably heard how Jody Scheckter once did it.......

Bullet
18th April 2011, 04:49

Ah, thanks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6R43mBWirio

Can't believe that was 2003, feels like only a few years ago. But, even though couldn't remember his name... most people who witnessed it will never forget "that driver who...." Unfortunately for Button his name's a little tougher to forget. The burden of fame.

SGWilko
18th April 2011, 17:06

:up: While the car may be fast without KERS initially, compomising the packaging of such heat critical components now that the field is catching up may just lose them the title(s)

MAX_THRUST
18th April 2011, 20:50
Amazed Button didn't get a penlaty for stopping in the wrong pitts?

Could have unsteadied the team and Vettel, not that I care much if vettel was delayed. Posible penalty for impeeding another driver. Odd!

Perez I thought was awesome. Sorry I loved watching him driving into Sutil. Sutil should have let him go and dived under the inside as Perez slid wide, shoulda woulda coulda....

Nico - was he to heavy on the throttle or was it rich mixture. Some drivers use less fuel same way some use the tyres better.

Great race.

woody2goody
19th April 2011, 04:15
The Toro Rosso mechanic for obvious reasons, Perez for some clumsy driving, and Maldonado - was he even there?

Hawkmoon
19th April 2011, 06:42
...and Maldonado - was he even there?

His sponsors are writing checks his talent can't cash.