PDA

View Full Version : Paul di Resta

Ranger
16th April 2011, 09:44
Is going places.

His F1 drive came far later than it should have and he's rewarding them with proof of that.

Great showing again today. :up:

F1boat
16th April 2011, 09:59
Great performance, but I am not that surprised, he is a DTM champion, after all, and DTM is a very competitive championship with high-tech cars and races, which look more similar to F1 than to other touring cars series.

Sonic
16th April 2011, 10:00
And, he's just so damn calm about it.

keysersoze
16th April 2011, 17:51
It's still early days, but since Paul has been a shade quicker than Sutil and will likely get better as the season progresses, Adrian's chances to go to a better team may all but vanish.

I know di Resta has been with the team for over a year, but I'm frankly surprised he's already in front of AS.

steveaki13
16th April 2011, 18:11
He has driven solid races so far, but Qualifying today was tremendous.

He really has put himself in a position to push for a few more points.

DexDexter
16th April 2011, 21:26
Di Resta has been excellent so far. I had my doubts about him but he's good. He is actually destroying Sutil's F1 career.

DazzlaF1
16th April 2011, 21:46
I have to agree with Dex, di Resta is driving the wheels off what is I think a very disappointing Force India car (compared to last year) and Sutil can only look on in envy, unless he can match di Resta, his career is going down the swanny.

And to think Sutil was linked with Petrov's seat at Renault last year.

Malbec
16th April 2011, 21:49
TBH I don't think Sutil was ever going places. If he was he'd have been poached from Force India years ago. He's there because he has Medion sponsorship and because he isn't embarrassingly slow. He can be pretty erratic and his technical feedback has been described as being rather basic.

Di Resta is doing well in beating Sutil with so little experience in an F1 car but Sutil isn't the best benchmark either.

Sleeper
16th April 2011, 22:41
I was expecting di Resta to be getting the best of Sutil in the second half of the season, not from the word go.

steveaki13
17th April 2011, 10:16
Shame he finished 11th. It looked early on as though he was on for some big points running an easy 6th or 7th. 2 stops and that contact at the end finishing him off.

wedge
17th April 2011, 14:33
I was expecting di Resta to be getting the best of Sutil in the second half of the season, not from the word go.

Even more impressive is that he's beating Sutil on tracks he's never been before/little mileage.