Race 3 of 17

Race - Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach

Location - Streets of Long Beach, California

Date - Sunday, April 17th

Time & TV Schedule - 3:30PM Eastern -Green Flag -4:30PM Eastern -Versus

Course Type - 1.968 Mile Street Course

Distance - 85 Laps / 167.28 Miles

Practice Sessions -
Friday, April 15th -1:00PM -1:45PM Eastern (Rookies & Outside of Top 10 Entrants ) & 1:45PM-2:15PM Eastern (All Cars) & 5:25PM-6:25PM Eastern
Saturday, April 16th - 1:25PM -2:25PM Eastern
Sunday, April 17th Warm-Up Session -12:15PM -12:45PM Eastern

Qualifications - Saturday, April 16th -5:30PM -6:50PM Eastern

2010 Pole Sitter - #12 Will Power - Lap Time -1:09.3185 / Speed -102.206

2010 Winner - Ryan Hunter-Reay

** Note - Long Beach, CA is 3 hours behind Eastern Time. All Times Listed in Eastern Time.

DanicaFan
12th April 2011, 01:30
Here is a map of the track layout..

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee236/DanicaRules/longbeach.gif

DanicaFan
12th April 2011, 01:35
Here is a map of the track layout..

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee236/DanicaRules/longbeach-1.gif

DanicaFan
12th April 2011, 01:43
2010 Long Beach Race Facts..

Time of Race - 1 hour 47 minutes 12 seconds
Average Speed - 93.619 mph
Lead Changes - 5 among 3 drivers
Caution Laps - 1 caution -5 laps
Fastest Lap - #37 Ryan Hunter-Reay - 100.417 mph - 1:10.5537 lap time

TURN3
12th April 2011, 03:46
Thanks!

King Taco Time!!!!

bblocker68
12th April 2011, 17:33
Yup, yup!!! I'll be there early on Friday!!

maxmach
12th April 2011, 20:57
Go PT go....go fast PT....very fast.....win PT win.......
or at least take seabass out..
Gonna be there, with hopefully 3 new converts......

DanicaFan
12th April 2011, 21:15
Go PT go....go fast PT....very fast.....win PT win.......
or at least take seabass out..
Gonna be there, with hopefully 3 new converts......

Sorry max, nothing against PT but I believe he is past his prime. It's too hard to compete against full time teams, the teams with good drivers for sure.

SarahFan
12th April 2011, 21:47
Your opinion doesn't mean much now does it!?!?!

TURN3
12th April 2011, 23:54
Your opinion doesn't mean much now does it!?!?!

Nope, it doesn't.

You going this year SarahFan?

SarahFan
13th April 2011, 00:09
Nope, it doesn't.

You going this year SarahFan?

If I do it will he the same as the past 2 years.... Last minute

Mightyreds
13th April 2011, 03:05
Sorry max, nothing against PT but I believe he is past his prime. It's too hard to compete against full time teams, the teams with good drivers for sure.

Wonder who will finish ahead, PT or Danica?

Phoenixent
13th April 2011, 04:34

You have to remember in DF's world Danica has won Indy 5 times, the championship 8 times, Daytona 8 times and Le Mans 5 times. On PT being at Long Beach I don't expect a win but I can see a top 5 finish for him. He does know how to pilot the car on that track.

TURN3
13th April 2011, 05:24
To me, it isn't always who finishes ahead as much as how impressive their speed is through the ENTIRE weekend. Yes I know you only get scored where you finish on Sunday. But if you're looking for who is faster, it is the one that isn't 20th thru 26th in 5 out 5 sessions leading up to the race.

Zero chance Daniker out-qualifies PT...with 26 or 27 cars on track, strategy and luck of the yellow is key. The cars starting in the back almost have an advantage in that they can roll dice without it coming up craps up until about 2/3 through the race.

Dr. Krogshöj
13th April 2011, 06:07
Just to clarify, will all 27 entries allowed to start the race?

Chris R
13th April 2011, 13:23
You have to remember in DF's world Danica has won Indy 5 times, the championship 8 times, Daytona 8 times and Le Mans 5 times. On PT being at Long Beach I don't expect a win but I can see a top 5 finish for him. He does know how to pilot the car on that track.

As always the voice of reason :) I think there is little doubt PT is the better driver - BUT his team is currently an unknown - a Win seems unlikely - but not out of the question I suppose....

Chris R
13th April 2011, 13:31
To me, it isn't always who finishes ahead as much as how impressive their speed is through the ENTIRE weekend. Yes I know you only get scored where you finish on Sunday. But if you're looking for who is faster, it is the one that isn't 20th thru 26th in 5 out 5 sessions leading up to the race.

Zero chance Daniker out-qualifies PT...with 26 or 27 cars on track, strategy and luck of the yellow is key. The cars starting in the back almost have an advantage in that they can roll dice without it coming up craps up until about 2/3 through the race.

While I agree with the spirit of your statement, ultimately racing is about who finishes first (or "in front") of the others... Viso is fast but...... I wouldn't be surprised to see Danica finish in front of PT but I doubt it would be an inspiring drive by her to get that result... There was a great driver (NASCAR sort I think) who said (more or less) "the object of racing is to drive as slow as you can and still win" .....

As far as "no chance" of Danica out-qualifying PT - are you drinking some of DF's juice (you know the stuff that blinds you to the possibility that someone might do better than your driver :) ) ?? There is definitely a chance (albeit a small one) - who knows how these guys will run out of the box - TK didn't qualify so well last week but did fine...... I think your are probably right - but I do not think it is so clear cut right yet...... Personally, I want Tracy and the rising from the ashes Dragon team to kick everyone's butt - that would be a cool story

DanicaFan
13th April 2011, 17:27
Here is the entry list..

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee236/DanicaRules/longbeachentry.jpg

DanicaFan
13th April 2011, 17:38
Here are the pitlane assignments..

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee236/DanicaRules/longbeachpits-1.jpg

DanicaFan
13th April 2011, 17:44

Well, I know I will take slack but I think Danica will out qualify and finish better than Paul. Danica has a lot more seat time.

ykiki
13th April 2011, 17:44
The always fun "Spotter's Guide"
http://www.indycar.com:8080/var/assets/LongBeachSpotter_WEB1.pdf

garyshell
13th April 2011, 18:10
Well, I know I will take slack but I think Danica will out qualify and finish better than Paul. Danica has a lot more seat time.

Out qualify? Please come over here and clean the diet coke off my screen. It is YOUR fault it is there. More seat time or not, your girl can't drive on road courses plain and simple.

Gary

Anubis
13th April 2011, 19:24

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm mistaken, but in these cars, she has more seat time than Pagenaud (none?), Kimball, Servia, Hinchcliffe, Bourdais and Hilderbrand, yet all bar one of those out-qualified her (and Pagenaud was quicker in absolute terms) and of those who finished, all were ahead of her. Hole in the theory there? I'm not expecting miracles from PT, but to elevate Danica above him solely on seat time is ludicrous given the evidence of Barber. Christ, she probably has more seat time than Pagenaud, Kimball, Hinch and JR COMBINED, yet they all still outperformed her by a considerable margin. I fear you may indeed take some stick...

maxmach
13th April 2011, 20:32
Wow, you go away from the computer for a day and all sorts of interesnting "things" appear. Sorry DF, only two ways Danika finishes ahead of PT, if she has a rocket in her a$$(well, does she or doesn't she) or if PT crashes out. Seriously, if they're both still running PT's ahead. Now, the seat time thing, I will say one thing, PT hasn't run much lately.....and no matter how good you are it some getting used too, to get all the little reflexes back.

EagleEye
13th April 2011, 21:26

PT has more seat time than DP. She had more seat time than others in the first two races, and her results were HORRIBLE. I’d take an old and bad PT, over a good DP any day. There are times when the team has to ask Paul to go slower. Sometimes he listens….sometimes he doesn’t. There have been many times the team has asked DP to go faster. Not an easy task, when you are now fast….

Race 1- Last car running on the lead lap, P12.
Race 2- 1 lap down, running ahead of Rahal who was two laps down, P17.

People give you flack because you suffer from severe myopia.

You picked her to win, again, on a track and race that are not suited to her driving style (or weight advantage). Not only has she struggled, but the team has struggled since TK left. Conway was quick at St. Pete, and Marco did okay at Barber (outstanding, using the DP yardstick).

Your constant "She drove a great race, despite her result" is a falsehood and lacks any objective observation at all. She has been slow in practice, slow in qualifying and she was awful the first two races….yet you picked her to win, yet again in Long Beach, despite our plea’s to be sensible.....

The only way she has a great result (which in your book is anywhere P5-P26) is if everyone crashes or breaks down, and she lollygags along to another finish.
My myopic picks for Long Beach:

Da Bears (With Ditka driving the bus), Da Bears (Smith driving the bus), Da Bears (with Cutler), Da Bears (W/O cutler), Power.

If Da Bear finish last, or DNS then it is still a great result!

TURN3
14th April 2011, 02:58
While I agree with the spirit of your statement, ultimately racing is about who finishes first (or "in front") of the others... Viso is fast but...... I wouldn't be surprised to see Danica finish in front of PT but I doubt it would be an inspiring drive by her to get that result... There was a great driver (NASCAR sort I think) who said (more or less) "the object of racing is to drive as slow as you can and still win" .....

As far as "no chance" of Danica out-qualifying PT - are you drinking some of DF's juice (you know the stuff that blinds you to the possibility that someone might do better than your driver :) ) ?? There is definitely a chance (albeit a small one) - who knows how these guys will run out of the box - TK didn't qualify so well last week but did fine...... I think your are probably right - but I do not think it is so clear cut right yet...... Personally, I want Tracy and the rising from the ashes Dragon team to kick everyone's butt - that would be a cool story

C'mon man! That doesn't make sense. Either you agree with me or you don't. As you say, you seem to understand the spirit of my post, which is cool. But, I'm saying right now Daniker has NO chance of out qualifying PT. NONE, ZILCH, NOTTA! The possibility remains she could FINISH in front of him, but no way she out RACES him. PT has had a couple of bad qualy sessions during the past few years with his part-time stops at KV (Toronto last year with the suspension screw up). Other than that (and I have not looked this up), I don't think Daniker has out qualified him on a road or street. I realize he is coming in cold with a team that hasn't tested, but there is a lot of experience and talent in there. I'm thinking they should have a realistic shot at the top 12 (that would be outstanding under the circumstances). Daniker is looking at top 22 or 23 based on recent and not so recent results. I'm not so much predicting how successful he'll be as much as how UNsuccessful she'll be (which is easy money, right?).

beachbum
14th April 2011, 04:34
C'mon man! That doesn't make sense. Either you agree with me or you don't. As you say, you seem to understand the spirit of my post, which is cool. But, I'm saying right now Daniker has NO chance of out qualifying PT. NONE, ZILCH, NOTTA! The possibility remains she could FINISH in front of him, but no way she out RACES him. PT has had a couple of bad qualy sessions during the past few years with his part-time stops at KV (Toronto last year with the suspension screw up). Other than that (and I have not looked this up), I don't think Daniker has out qualified him on a road or street. I realize he is coming in cold with a team that hasn't tested, but there is a lot of experience and talent in there. I'm thinking they should have a realistic shot at the top 12 (that would be outstanding under the circumstances). Daniker is looking at top 22 or 23 based on recent and not so recent results. I'm not so much predicting how successful he'll be as much as how UNsuccessful she'll be (which is easy money, right?).Who would have thought the Princess would qualify ahead of TK at Barber? While it is unlikely, PT 's teams hasn't run yet this year so who knows how good the setups will be. If I had to bet, I would say PT will out qualify her - easily, but it isn't a sure thing. Nothing in racing is a sure thing (other than one fan predicting "a great finish" for DP)

I would be very confident he will race better than her, but wouldn't be that condfident that he finishes better. That sounds crazy, but PT is RACER and often takes chances, so the likelihood of an incident is higher than Daniker who usually runs alone. On the other hand, the Princess has bounced off a lot of people so far this year, so maybe this time her luck won't hold. She sure used up a lot of front wings at St Pete.

But really, who cares? Danimania is getting VERY tiresome.

Chris R
14th April 2011, 12:02
Who would have thought the Princess would qualify ahead of TK at Barber? While it is unlikely, PT 's teams hasn't run yet this year so who knows how good the setups will be. If I had to bet, I would say PT will out qualify her - easily, but it isn't a sure thing. Nothing in racing is a sure thing (other than one fan predicting "a great finish" for DP)

I would be very confident he will race better than her, but wouldn't be that condfident that he finishes better. That sounds crazy, but PT is RACER and often takes chances, so the likelihood of an incident is higher than Daniker who usually runs alone. On the other hand, the Princess has bounced off a lot of people so far this year, so maybe this time her luck won't hold. She sure used up a lot of front wings at St Pete.

well stated...

maximilian
14th April 2011, 13:33
Does every one of these threads really HAVE to degrade into a "What Danica will do/Danica sucks/Danica ate my homework, etc." festival? Is it THAT hard to for once ignore DF's fanboy statements? We all know he loves Danica and is passionate about her, despite of what many race fans think, so is it really necessary to swallow his bait each time? :rolleyes:

There are lots of interesting drivers to talk about for this and other races, and quite frankly, someone as bland in personality and mediocre in results as Danica does NOT deserve the attention, especially given that we have other FASTER women in the field, and other FASTER Americans, too (not to mention the many excellent drivers who fit neither of those categories in what is turning out to be the best Indycar field in a long time!). So how about talking about THOSE for a change? :p

TURN3
14th April 2011, 14:04
Does every one of these threads really HAVE to degrade into a "What Danica will do/Danica sucks/Danica ate my homework, etc." festival? Is it THAT hard to for once ignore DF's fanboy statements? We all know he loves Danica and is passionate about her, despite of what many race fans think, so is it really necessary to swallow his bait each time? :rolleyes:

There are lots of interesting drivers to talk about for this and other races, and quite frankly, someone as bland in personality and mediocre in results as Danica does NOT deserve the attention, especially given that we have other FASTER women in the field, and other FASTER Americans, too (not to mention the many excellent drivers who fit neither of those categories in what is turning out to be the best Indycar field in a long time!). So how about talking about THOSE for a change? :p

I think you are correct BUT, it I don't believe it is about her anymore. I think it is about the forum member.

Who would have thought the Princess would qualify ahead of TK at Barber? While it is unlikely, PT 's teams hasn't run yet this year so who knows how good the setups will be. If I had to bet, I would say PT will out qualify her - easily, but it isn't a sure thing. Nothing in racing is a sure thing (other than one fan predicting "a great finish" for DP)

In reality, I absolutely agree and we basically say the same thing except I will stand by my statement about qualifying. I hope I was clear about meaning that my predicition is based on her lack of results and not that I expect PT to be something impossible for this weekend.

well stated...

Exactly true.

banshee74
14th April 2011, 15:36
Agreed....so let's talk about the success and talent of the RACER tied with Scott Dixon for 4th place in points.....does anyone find it very strange that the coverage (both networks) is totally slanted in favor of the 'cruising princess" and not covering the female with real RACING talent?

ykiki
14th April 2011, 16:05
It was nice to see the little vignette on the talented Swiss racer during the Barber pre-race show on VS.

TURN3
14th April 2011, 17:11
There are only a couple of people here, one in particular, who think it is about a forum member. Everyone else is willing to just pass on by DF's posts, but some have to continually try and sneak a personal insult or derogatory statement in every chance they get. Those people are becoming more tiresome than DF ever was. They're also the cause of every thread becoming a Danica thread.

Once again Starter, you get it wrong. Continuing to look at the degraded health of this forum, needless to look further than your justification here. Thanks for chiming in though, your thoughts certainly help.

bblocker68
14th April 2011, 17:30
I just hope Pauly doesn't break his back here..........again.

Mightyreds
14th April 2011, 23:06
Pt will struggle this weekend, new car and team, but will still do better than (nevermmind) :)

Hopefully the experienced crew will get it sorted by raceday, or I may have to close my eyes.

beachbum
15th April 2011, 00:24
I just hope Pauly doesn't break his back here..........again.He isn't driving a DP-01

Hoop-98
15th April 2011, 14:33
2010 Qualifying:

http://i56.tinypic.com/dgscg2.jpg

Mightyreds
15th April 2011, 19:25
Practice 1

Rank Car Driver Diff. BLT LLT Gap TL BL#
1 Will Power --.---- 1:11.410 1:11.489 --.---- 17 14
2 Ryan Hunter-Reay 0.1902 1:11.600 1:16.082 0.1902 23 20
3 Scott Dixon 0.2499 1:11.660 3:35.992 0.0597 16 13
4 Justin Wilson 0.3092 1:11.719 1:44.905 0.0593 25 21
5 Ryan Briscoe 0.3715 1:11.782 1:12.074 0.0623 27 25
6 Mike Conway 0.3971 1:11.807 1:12.601 0.0256 24 21
7 Alex Tagliani 0.5055 1:11.916 1:12.589 0.1084 15 11
8 Helio Castroneves 0.5456 1:11.956 1:12.145 0.0401 29 25
9 Graham Rahal 0.5565 1:11.967 1:11.967 0.0109 28 28
10 Tony Kanaan 0.5713 1:11.982 1:13.298 0.0148 12 10
11 Dario Franchitti 0.5837 1:11.994 1:12.578 0.0124 12 11
12 Sebastien Bourdais 0.7273 1:12.138 1:15.522 0.1436 29 27
13 EJ Viso 0.7889 1:12.199 1:12.199 0.0616 28 28
14 Oriol Servia 0.7950 1:12.205 1:12.205 0.0061 16 16
15 Paul Tracy 0.8548 1:12.265 1:12.732 0.0598 19 16
16 Raphael Matos 0.9773 1:12.388 4:48.285 0.1225 28 25
17 Takuma Sato 1.1850 1:12.595 1:12.595 0.2077 16 16
18 Marco Andretti 1.2313 1:12.642 1:12.642 0.0463 17 17
19 Charlie Kimball 1.2518 1:12.662 1:12.818 0.0205 36 35
20 JR Hildebrand 1.2927 1:12.703 1:17.163 0.0409 30 29
21 Vitor Meira 1.3312 1:12.742 1:13.016 0.0385 18 15
22 Simona de Silvestro 1.5877 1:12.998 1:13.150 0.2565 15 11
23 Sebastian Saavedra 1.7206 1:13.131 1:13.269 0.1329 24 12
24 James Hinchcliffe 2.0333 1:13.444 1:13.444 0.3127 8 8
25 Danica Patrick 2.1376 1:13.548 1:13.776 0.1043 22 19
26 James Jakes 2.2549 1:13.665 1:13.665 0.1173 30 30
27 Ana Beatriz 3.3169 1:14.727 1:15.972 1.0620 32 17

TURN3
15th April 2011, 20:26
I was just talking with the #7. She said they're not real good right now, car won't turn. I suggested adjusting the ride height and the space between the steering wheel and the seat. She didn't think those adjustments would work.

DanicaFan
15th April 2011, 22:21
Its only practice, just wait and see guys, Danica will move up.

DanicaFan
15th April 2011, 22:58
Paul Tracy crashes. He is fine but out for the 2nd practice.

Hoop-98
15th April 2011, 23:33
Practice 2

http://i51.tinypic.com/34yee68.jpg

TURN3
15th April 2011, 23:49
Paul Tracy crashes. He is fine but out for the 2nd practice.

Yeah that's not good to lose that track time. Same with Hinch in p1

Leo Krupe
16th April 2011, 02:24
So that's what PT meant on his twitter feed when said, "Bad end to a good day." Crud.

LB's been good to PT in the past. Maybe it will be good to him again on Sunday.

FormerFF
16th April 2011, 02:34
I think some of us are expecting too much from PT. Age and time out of the car are going to take their toll.

Nikki Katz
16th April 2011, 15:56
I thought that the IRL were limiting the number of cars at all events but Indy this year to 26? Not that I'm knocking having a 27th car, is good to see a large field so long as there's good drivers (which there mostly are this year) and decent, safe equipment.

Hoop-98
16th April 2011, 16:44
Groups. I like the new procedure based on Friday speeds.

http://i55.tinypic.com/jb0i2x.jpg

Leo Krupe
16th April 2011, 17:01
I thought that the IRL were limiting the number of cars at all events but Indy this year to 26? Not that I'm knocking having a 27th car, is good to see a large field so long as there's good drivers (which there mostly are this year) and decent, safe equipment.
You're right, but now I can't remember where I read it, but I think it has to do with the amount of room in pit lane to allow 27 cars.

26 or 27, what a great time it is now compared when a series struggled to get 18 cars on the grid!

And a nitpick: Randy's definitely gotten away from the baggage that was the IRL name.

Hoop-98
16th April 2011, 17:04
Combined Speeds...

http://i54.tinypic.com/11j7n83.jpg

Hoop-98
16th April 2011, 17:24
Last years Practice 3;

http://i51.tinypic.com/2gub0ox.jpg
http://i52.tinypic.com/29zeq0l.jpg

DazzlaF1
16th April 2011, 17:25
You're right, but now I can't remember where I read it, but I think it has to do with the amount of room in pit lane to allow 27 cars.

26 or 27, what a great time it is now compared when a series struggled to get 18 cars on the grid!

And a nitpick: Randy's definitely gotten away from the baggage that was the IRL name.

And also its not like we have ridiculously slow stragglers at the back of the grid <COUGH> Milka Duno <COUGH>, i mean, they're all right on the money in terms of pace, an average spread of 2.5 to 3 seconds for a 27 car field at Long Beach is pretty much spot on

Hoop-98
16th April 2011, 18:55
P3 Update. PT 1.2 behind DP, can the impossible happen, google crow recipe's :)

http://i56.tinypic.com/qs41vn.jpg

Hoop-98
16th April 2011, 19:16
10 min to go.

http://i51.tinypic.com/2qwq4ix.jpg

Hoop-98
16th April 2011, 19:30
P3 Final

http://i56.tinypic.com/161c604.jpg

Anubis
16th April 2011, 20:14
Saavedra?!

DanicaFan
16th April 2011, 21:57
In those groups, Danica will definitely make it to round 2.

SarahFan
16th April 2011, 22:30
Definitely!!!

The real question is whether she makes the fast six and a strong run for pole!

DanicaFan
16th April 2011, 22:32
Definitely!!!

The real question is whether she makes the fast six and a strong run for pole!

She will be in the Fast 6 this time. I can feel it!

DanicaFan
16th April 2011, 22:33
1st group out qualifying now!

DanicaFan
16th April 2011, 22:46
The 6 drivers moving on from Group 1 are..

Will Power
Dario Franchitti
Mike Conway
Scott Dixon
Helio Castroneves
Oriol Servia

SarahFan
16th April 2011, 22:47
She will be in the Fast 6 this time. I can feel it!

Im sure you can..... So much it hurts I'm guessing

Hoop-98
16th April 2011, 22:49
http://i53.tinypic.com/2cp5id3.jpg

DanicaFan
16th April 2011, 22:49
Group 2 going out.. Go Danica!!

TURN3
16th April 2011, 22:51
Well, i, for one, can admit when I was off. And I was off on Tracy and Dragon this weekend. I honestly thought they might challenge to.get into.the top 12. That certainly wasn't even close.

DanicaFan
16th April 2011, 22:52
Well, i, for one, can admit when I was off. And I was off on Tracy and Dragon this weekend. I honestly thought they might challenge to.get into.the top 12. That certainly wasn't even close.

Yeah, not sure whats going on. Tracy has had a bad weekend so far.

SarahFan
16th April 2011, 22:56
He sucks

At this point with 41 entrees what's the odds he doesn't make the field at the 500 next month?

50/50?

TURN3
16th April 2011, 22:59
Being here and seeing PT and Bourdais struggling is certainly different.

DanicaFan
16th April 2011, 23:04
The top 6 moving on from Group 2 are..

Ryan Hunter-Reay
Ryan Briscoe
Alex Tagliani
Tony Kanaan
James Hinchcliffe
Justin Wilson

Hoop-98
16th April 2011, 23:05
.6 first to 12th

http://i52.tinypic.com/9k04r9.jpg

DanicaFan
16th April 2011, 23:11
The top 12 drivers out now for Round 2..

TURN3
16th April 2011, 23:13
Way to go Hinch!

So DF....where is your manhood? Suck on some crow and tell glistening you were wrong again.

DanicaFan
16th April 2011, 23:22
The Firestone Fast 6 are..

Ryan Hunter-Reay
Will Power
Justin Wilson
Mike Conway
Helio Castroneves
Oriol Servia

Hoop-98
16th April 2011, 23:22
Interesting Fast 6!

http://i54.tinypic.com/idyu6o.jpg

DanicaFan
16th April 2011, 23:23
Way to go Hinch!

So DF....where is your manhood? Suck on some crow and tell glistening you were wrong again.

I am really shocked she didnt do better. She couldnt find speed during qualifying..

SarahFan
16th April 2011, 23:40
4 teams in thop six and none of them are TCGR..... When's the last time that happened?

DanicaFan
16th April 2011, 23:42
Will Power wins the pole.

Hoop-98
16th April 2011, 23:44
Power to the Pole!

http://i55.tinypic.com/97769h.jpg

TURN3
16th April 2011, 23:58
I am really shocked she didnt do better. She couldnt find speed during qualifying..

Seriously? You're shocked? Step up, be a man, and say it like it is.

beachbum
17th April 2011, 00:06
She couldnt find speed during qualifying..An accurate statement!

Only 1.4 seconds slower that RHR on the same setup (as reported on Versus)

DanicaFan
17th April 2011, 00:29
Here is the starting grid..

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee236/DanicaRules/longbeachgrid.jpg

DanicaFan
17th April 2011, 00:34

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee236/DanicaRules/longbeachgrid-1.jpg

DanicaFan
17th April 2011, 00:40

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee236/DanicaRules/longbeachgrid-1.jpg

Hoop-98
17th April 2011, 01:41
PT posted this elsewhere;

"Frustrating day today , we made gains on the car but we were a hour behind the curve . Still struggling with a lack of front grip mid corner , so it made it difficult to get more lap time . My in lap after the checker was .25 faster than my quick lap , but they did not give it to me . We are going to try some more changes for tomorrow and just take the first yellow and do something different . Im a bit down that I could not put together a complete lap that was better but that has never been my strong point . I will keep pushing till the checkers"

Paul Tracy 3

hondacom
17th April 2011, 03:53
Part of the blame for poor qualifying results should go to the team and not only PT. How many weeks has that team been working together ?

Civic
17th April 2011, 07:34
I would've posted my Friday pics by now but I've been busy with a wedding and prepping for a half marathon tomorrow. I was photographing Friday 2nd practice 2 from a parking garage at Shoreline and Chestnut/Queen Mary. This was where PT crashed the Ralph's car. I didn't see the crash (I photographed him just before, and was concentrating on the following cars) but heard the tire screech and the impact against the tire barrier. As I looked down the car was bouncing off the tires and the front wing was mid-air (foot off the ground or so) and falling to the ground.

I was kicked out of the garage (along with others who were watching) by a friendly parking attendant. I'll try to have pics posted tomorrow.

DavePI2
17th April 2011, 10:28
although danica was 1.4 seconds behind ryan at least she and marco have found someone who can set up a car for them now that tk is gone. You would think that after all these years they might just have learned a enough to do it themselves.

beachbum
17th April 2011, 12:02
although danica was 1.4 seconds behind ryan at least she and marco have found someone who can set up a car for them now that tk is gone. You would think that after all these years they might just have learned a enough to do it themselves.On the radio coverage during practice, they has this long "discussion" on Marco's development and Hamilton claimed the team was relying on Marco's setup skills and feedback since the middle of last session, and not RHR's and TK's as TK suggested.

So, during qualifying, the Versus team reveals all but Conway were using RHR's setup. Doh.

The radio coverage has been very painful and almost comical - and totally clueless. Apparently they were listening to the AA PR and not getting the facts.

beachgirl
17th April 2011, 13:30
I'm really glad that DF's weekly predictions aren't a drinking game here on the forum. The rest of us would be so drunk we'd miss actual practice, qualifying, and the race. :)

EagleEye
17th April 2011, 15:10

Starting positions for the Princess:

Race 1 - 19
Race 2 - 22
Race 3 -20

Nothing to be shocked at, especially since she has been bad at each event.

So, are you going to be "shocked" if she finishes at the end of the lead lap, again, as she has the last two races?

Maybe time for yet another engineer change? Time for this one hit wonder, and back marker to move on....

Scotty G.
17th April 2011, 15:11
The radio coverage has been very painful and almost comical - and totally clueless. Apparently they were listening to the AA PR and not getting the facts.

Mike King is in bed with Andretti Autosport. He laps up every piece of propaganda they serve up for him.

King's best insight the past few years has been his thought that Mario Moraes was about to become a star driver. He literally is the only person on the planet who would say that.

And it appears this year King is being paid/told to say at least once on air the new Indy Car BS line about "The World's Greatest Drivers". He throws that out all the time.

TURN3
17th April 2011, 15:42
Getting ready to go downstairs for the day's activities. Looks like there could be a 2 hour school and bus delay for this morning FOG! :p It'll lift but Lights warm-up is in 18 minutes.

Looking forward to the updates from all of you today (with one notable exception).

DavePI2
17th April 2011, 17:28
What a fun way to get drunk and watch the race at the same time. A princess drinking game. Maybe this week the drinks should be taken each time she is passed on the last few laps.

DavePI2
17th April 2011, 17:32
well bourdais's starting spot kills my hunch for the pickum contest. Oh well, Webber came from 18th to 3rd this morning, who knows. Oh that was one h### of a race from china.

Hoop-98
17th April 2011, 18:13
Nice race in F1 this am, let's get through the first turn!
Warm Up:

http://i52.tinypic.com/11v1hf9.jpg

Anubis
17th April 2011, 19:17
I shall resist the usual DF banter, as frankly he's now so far down in that hole he continues to dig that I doubt he'd hear it anyway. I shall do the usual Conway, Wilson and Taku for this one. Just hope it's cleaner than the BTCC races today!

Jag_Warrior
17th April 2011, 20:34
Simona loses Michael Cannon to TK and NOW she's catching fire?! Surprising, but I'm glad she's doing so well. I'll catch the start but I'll have to watch most of it on Tivo. Enjoy the race, everybody!

Hoop-98
17th April 2011, 21:49
Only a few passes since the start.

http://i54.tinypic.com/2hs87cx.jpg

Hoop-98
17th April 2011, 22:01
Simona fading fast, then turns or turned around at the hairpin.

Some short pitters (Tags and Briscoe)will benefit from Simona's FCY.

http://i51.tinypic.com/59y7md.jpg

Hoop-98
17th April 2011, 22:05
Marco into Bourdais at pit exit.

Hoop-98
17th April 2011, 22:12
Blacks and red's runners flip flop:

http://i54.tinypic.com/23l4z9.jpg

Hoop-98
17th April 2011, 22:22
Danica passes Matos, PT with a drive thru for turning Simona.

http://i53.tinypic.com/2z6i905.jpg

Hoop-98
17th April 2011, 22:38
http://i53.tinypic.com/25sl5s4.jpg

harvick#1
17th April 2011, 23:01
WTF is Helio thinking????? what an idiot

Hoop-98
17th April 2011, 23:03
Helio takes out Power, Rahal hits Sato, chaos on the restart...

Here are the fast laps so far:

http://i56.tinypic.com/23j28md.jpg

Hoop-98
17th April 2011, 23:06
Restart;

http://i56.tinypic.com/x6btxy.jpg

harvick#1
17th April 2011, 23:08
Conway!!!!!!!!! just powers by Briscoe and Franchitti :eek:

Hoop-98
17th April 2011, 23:11
Conway blows by Briscoe and flys off into the distance!

http://i54.tinypic.com/14eb6zn.jpg

DazzlaF1
17th April 2011, 23:13
Conway's lead up to over 5 seconds, wow

Hoop-98
17th April 2011, 23:18
PT running his fastest laps on Blacks;

http://i53.tinypic.com/6jkhtx.jpg

harvick#1
17th April 2011, 23:24
great win for Conway!!! good to see a new face in Victory lane

Hoop-98
17th April 2011, 23:25
Conway!

http://i53.tinypic.com/x1n9ch.jpg

gm99
17th April 2011, 23:26
Quite an eventful last third of the race. Great job by Conweasel, and also by Hinch & Tags.

DazzlaF1
17th April 2011, 23:27
That was an unbelieveable final 3rd of the race from Conway, he just blew the field away, brilliant 1st win

uncommonsense52
17th April 2011, 23:33
Man, I can't believe Helio did that. Not that Power did himself any favors by taking up as much of the outside line as possible, but Helio, you can't just punt your team mate like that.

Edit: To expound more, that probably has major Championship implications. Franchitti in the lead going into the last road course before the ovals. With the way Power struggles on the ovals, this could be the race we all look back on and say "there's where Power should have finished better."

But he did get a 10th out of it, so maybe I'm just worrying too much.

harvick#1
17th April 2011, 23:44
Will did nothing wrong, he tried to overtake Ryan on the outside and couldnt do it, Helio was way back and was too busy looking at his side mirrors instead of in front of him, Penske needs to part ways with Helio and let him go dance his heart away

Hoop-98
17th April 2011, 23:49
Fast Laps of the Race;

http://i54.tinypic.com/dg41si.jpg

Anubis
17th April 2011, 23:58
Missed the race as I was otherwise engaged, but go Conway. Hopefully that shows he does at least have some talent to go with the cheques.

ETA The Danica way ahead of PT. Who would've thunk it. Did she drive a great race or just not crash? Are they one and the same on a street course? Don't really care, as wanted to see Conway get a result for a while now, so I'm happy. I dread to think quite how happy DF is right now? None. None more happy. On eleven.

jackmart
18th April 2011, 00:01
I had to watch it at a bar bc we don't get vs. Anyways somehow no captions for the last bit. I'm curious what RHR said, why did his car slow so much and what did Penske say regarding the wreck? Also did they speak to Graham. It seems he caused a wreck and wondered if he had to pit from this or not.

Hoop-98
18th April 2011, 00:05
RHR had a broken shift selector, Penske said it was a racing mistake, didn't catch Graham

woody2goody
18th April 2011, 00:20
Two great races today, we've been well and truly spoiled!

Two British winners as well, it couldn't get any better. By the way, Servia's 360 and re-joining of the field was one of the niftiest (and craziest) things I've seen on a race track :D

Scotty G.
18th April 2011, 00:25
ETA The Danica way ahead of PT. Who would've thunk it. Did she drive a great race or just not crash?

She waited for 6 or 7 better cars to run into one another or drop out and got to the finish in 7th. She probably should have come home about 13th.

I guess those Andretti cars aren't so crappy, huh? In the past year, Hunter-Reay, Kanaan and now Conway have all won races. When is Patrick and Michael's kid going to join the party?

ykiki
18th April 2011, 01:11
I'm not the biggest PT fan, BUT fair is fair - so why did PT get a penalty for turning Simona, yet Helio gets nothing for hitting Wilson in the same spot? Then Helio plows into his team mate. Would love to be a fly on the wall for the next Penske team meeting.

DiverDown
18th April 2011, 01:36
Hinch 4th! Nice job NH and EE!

DanicaFan
18th April 2011, 02:00
What a cluster mess at the end. Danica ran a great race, good finish for her from starting so far back! Now on to Brazil for a podium finish.

hondacom
18th April 2011, 02:08
Only HELIO gets away with stuff like that. He is the poster boy. How many times has he done that in the past?

DBell
18th April 2011, 02:11
A good race today and congrats to Conway for a fine first win. He's a better driver than I had given him credit for. LB had some good racing today and it made me miss being able to be there. My last was '05 before I moved back east and this was the first time since that I really wished I was there.

The down side was the formation at the start. And the restarts, for that matter. If the start today isn't a good argument for standing starts at tracks like this, then I don't know what is.

By the way, Servia's 360 and re-joining of the field was one of the niftiest (and craziest) things I've seen on a race track :D

Yes it was. His timing was both impeccable and extremely lucky. I remember PT doing a similar thing in Champ Car a couple of years back, except his timing wasn't nearly as good or lucky as he took out Tags when he rejoined the track. That was amazing how Servia slotted back into traffic. Gilles Villeneuve would have been proud of that car control.

beachbum
18th April 2011, 02:27
What a cluster mess at the end. Danica ran a great race, good finish for her from starting so far back! Now on to Brazil for a podium finish.For once DF, I will agree with you - at least the first 2 sentences. It was quite a mess at the end and Danica ran a good race. The strategy to use the blacks in the first segment and reds the rest of the way was a very good one.

Marbles
18th April 2011, 02:37
I'm not the biggest PT fan, BUT fair is fair - so why did PT get a penalty for turning Simona, yet Helio gets nothing for hitting Wilson in the same spot? Then Helio plows into his team mate. Would love to be a fly on the wall for the next Penske team meeting.

I didn't see them both but the boys in the booth said they were identical incidents. Wilson's a very sporting and polite Brit -- he probably told race control it was his fault.

Mario, Michael and now Marco have all scared the crap out of a whole whack of people in the pits at Long Beach. The tradition continues.

Havoc on the restarts was certainly going to play a role at some point and Helio's apologised... so it's all good. IMHO, Indycar has been somewhat fortunate, especially here, thus far with double-sided restarts but a place like Toronto could be a big headache. Finishers in the single digits?

The race was a parade at the beginning but became more interesting towards the end, as most races do. Great to see some new blood at the front -- Conway, Hinchliffe. Awesome recovery by Servia... and I use the word awesome sparingly!

Awesome to see a large field at Long Beach again.

Oh... and awesome race day updates in the thread Hoop. Seriously, thanks.

uncommonsense52
18th April 2011, 02:37
What a cluster mess at the end. Danica ran a great race, good finish for her from starting so far back!

Yep. Some people owe you an apology.

SarahFan
18th April 2011, 03:20
Was I the only one who thought micheal was disrespectfull and out to lunch when asked about Conway? Twice!

I'm not convinced he even knew who the sponsor was

harvick#1
18th April 2011, 03:21
so I also realize that there is no 10 second delay in the VS. feed for language, Bourdais was great, telling Marco what he really is

SarahFan
18th April 2011, 03:34
so I also realize that there is no 10 second delay in the VS. feed for language, Bourdais was great, telling Marco what he really is

I think that was Marco describing himself

Can you Imigine AA with TK and wilson instead of Marco and Danica

Scotty G.
18th April 2011, 03:35
Was I the only one who thought micheal was disrespectfull and out to lunch when asked about Conway? Twice!

I'm not convinced he even knew who the sponsor was

That's because Conway doesn't have a sponsor. The money for Conway's car is coming from Conway's parents.

Mike has put freebies on Conway's car (Go-Daddy and Window World) for the first 3 races.

Scotty G.
18th April 2011, 03:37
Indycar has been somewhat fortunate, especially here, thus far with double-sided restarts but a place like Toronto could be a big headache. Finishers in the single digits?

Maybe it will force Indy Car to get better race courses?

If places like Toronto and Long Beach and St. Pete and Barber and Mid-Ohio are too tight for 2 wide starts/restarts, then they either need to reconfigure their layouts or go away. These places weren't created for 2011-type Indy Cars anyway.

SarahFan
18th April 2011, 03:38
Hoop...

What position was Conway in on the restart where helio took out power?

SarahFan
18th April 2011, 03:40
Even more reason to what is on the sidepod

That's because Conway doesn't have a sponsor. The money for Conway's car is coming from Conway's parents.

Mike has put freebies on Conway's car (Go-Daddy and Window World) for the first 3 races.

TURN3
18th April 2011, 04:24
Yep. Some people owe you an apology.

For what? She, along with the rest of the crew from 7th thru about 11th did all get nice result.for themselves considering how slow they all were. Attrition is a good equalizer and at LB you never know...just keep it clean.

What would you know though, I just read you posted that Will Power "struggles" on ovals. I love reading amateur fans posts on these boards.

DBell
18th April 2011, 05:49

If places like Toronto and Long Beach and St. Pete and Barber and Mid-Ohio are too tight for 2 wide starts/restarts, then they either need to reconfigure their layouts or go away. These places weren't created for 2011-type Indy Cars anyway.

:rolleyes: Yes, lets go to all ovals again. It worked so brilliantly when the IRL did it.

drewdawg727
18th April 2011, 05:50
Hoop...

11th...up to 6th after getting by Servia, Castroneves, Power, Sato, and Dixon

garyshell
18th April 2011, 06:28
WTF is Helio thinking????? what an idiot

You are assuming he WAS thinking.

Helio takes out Power, Rahal hits Sato, chaos on the restart...

Did he hit Sato or cut Sato's tire?

Quite an eventful last third of the race. Great job by Conweasel, and also by Hinch & Tags.

All three of 'em showed real well today!

By the way, Servia's 360 and re-joining of the field was one of the niftiest (and craziest) things I've seen on a race track :D

What an amazing move he made. Incredible reflexes.

She waited for 6 or 7 better cars to run into one another or drop out and got to the finish in 7th. She probably should have come home about 13th.

'Bout sums it up. DF how many cars did your girl PASS today?

Yep, Helio may have squeaked past race control, but I think the Captain will be MUCH less forgiving.

Gary

uncommonsense52
18th April 2011, 06:45
For what? She, along with the rest of the crew from 7th thru about 11th did all get nice result.for themselves considering how slow they all were. Attrition is a good equalizer and at LB you never know...just keep it clean.

What would you know though, I just read you posted that Will Power "struggles" on ovals. I love reading amateur fans posts on these boards.

You can be a professional fan? I can make money doing this? Where do I sign up?

And Will Power would likely tell you himself that he struggles on ovals.

In 2010, he finishes every road course race in the top 5. He only finishes 2 oval races in the top 5.

His three worst finishes in 2010 are 25th, 16th and 14th. Can you guess how many of those were ovals? 100%, as they were Homestead, Chicago and Texas.

In fact, in his American Open Wheel Career, he has exactly 0 wins on ovals. Now, when i say that, I do realize that Champcar raced only Milwaukee during his time there. Still, for a guy as dominant as Power is on road courses, I'd say he comparatively struggles on the ovals. Big time.

Now, I saw every one of those races. He lead laps, and at times he looked like he'd win, but he never makes it to the end in P1 on ovals. He's had some **** luck, it's true. Runnin over debris, errors on pit road, and I'm sure he'll get a win on a circle soon: but right now, please explain to me how it's "amateur" :rolleyes: of me to say that he struggles on the ovals.

And about DanicaFan and an apology: a lot of people, you included I believe, were dishing out **** about Danica and, you yourself told me it wasn't about her, but about DF. For, among other things, saying she would finish ahead of PT. Now, I'm a way bigger fan of PT than I am Danica, but you flat out insult DF's intelligence, and then, when he's actually correct here, and Danica does finish ahead of PT, you're just going to try and shrug it off? No matter how fluke it seems, or how lucky Danica seems, you should still at the very least apologize for being a bit of a d-bag. Not cool, brah.

And about Danica herself, if "attrition" itself is all that Danica did to get position, why didn't PT do the same thing? Why didn't Kanaan? Why didn't a lot of people? She had a good race, give her her due, I am, and I don't like her one bit.

I don't know what an "amateur" fan is, but I know one who arrogantly thinks he's a superior fan.

In fact, if I were DF, I'd quote this remarkably sportsman-like post of yours:

And follow it up by either calling you a hypocrite, or else insisting that you admit the same.

garyshell
18th April 2011, 07:10
And about Danica herself, if "attrition" itself is all that Danica did to get position, why didn't PT do the same thing? Why didn't Kanaan? Why didn't a lot of people? She had a good race, give her her due, I am, and I don't like her one bit.

Why didn't PT and TK do the same? Simple, they raced all day. Danica didn't have a good race, she had a good drive. The two things are VERY different.

Gary

uncommonsense52
18th April 2011, 07:51
Why didn't PT and TK do the same? Simple, they raced all day. Danica didn't have a good race, she had a good drive. The two things are VERY different.

Gary

It's the results that matter.

What's that old saying? Slow and steady wins the race. Not saying Danica will get a win this year. I'd bet all the money I have she doesn't. But relying on "attrition" is the same thing as "big picture racing", just worded differently.

Jag_Warrior
18th April 2011, 08:12

2011 type Indy cars? These museum pieces are the same cars that they've been using for how long now, 7 or 8 years? My point is just that I don't think the cars are the problem. Maybe they do need to move away from 2 wide re-starts on street courses. But the cars in use now have 30% +/- less horsepower than the cars that used to race there (under CART), and as far as I know, they're no wider than the old Indy/Champ cars and the Long Beach course is no narrower. But I would say the current field is not as "deep"/broadly accomplished as it once was.

My preference would be to see the IRL attract better drivers. Better drivers wouldn't cure the problem, but I think they'd be less likely to suddenly go stupid while going into a corner side-by-side. But the IRL getting better courses (right now) is like me saying I need to go out with prettier girls... when I'm wearing dirty jeans and a t-shirt. But with that said, there's a pretty neat road course being built in Texas. If the IRL manages to land a date there, I bet Hoop will put us up at his house for the weekend. Right, Hoop? Hoop??? Hoop?! Hoooooooop!!! Where'd he go? :D

beachbum
18th April 2011, 11:48
DF how many cars did your girl PASS today?For the sake of accuracy - 3. Simona on lap 24, Matos on lap 37 and Saavedra on lap 48 (Saavedra slowed about 3 second a lap for a few laps). She "passed" 5 during the mess on lap 67.

Anubis
18th April 2011, 12:44
And about DanicaFan and an apology: a lot of people, you included I believe, were dishing out **** about Danica and, you yourself told me it wasn't about her, but about DF. For, among other things, saying she would finish ahead of PT. Now, I'm a way bigger fan of PT than I am Danica, but you flat out insult DF's intelligence, and then, when he's actually correct here, and Danica does finish ahead of PT, you're just going to try and shrug it off? No matter how fluke it seems, or how lucky Danica seems, you should still at the very least apologize for being a bit of a d-bag. Not cool, brah.

Whilst I'll agree that "not crashing" is a perfectly reasonable tactic on street courses, I think the thing about insulting intelligence is pushing things a bit far. Let's be frank, someone with intelligence wouldn't be picking Danica for fast six and a podium at EVERY race. You'd struggle to justify picking her for a top ten at every race based on her stats, let alone anything higher. On that basis, there's nothing remotely precient about DF's prediction, as it's his default setting and dumb luck dictates he'll get one vaguely right once in a while. He's no more vindicated than I would be had I been telling everyone Sato wasn't crash prone on the basis of his recent 5th place. Let's face it, had I adopted a default "ConwayFan" position this season, I'd already be sat here with a much better record, so let's not get too carried away. If you can show me a race thread where he HASN'T predicted a Danica centric result, you'd have more of a case. Whilst he continues making ludicrous predictions, he's always going to be a target for mockery. I didn't see him admitting that his seat time argument didn't hold water on the back of Pagenaud's Barber result, for example, yet now the same reasoning regarding PT is somehow relevant? Can't have it both ways. The issue most people here have with him isn't his enthusiasm, misguided though it undoubtedly is, it's his unwillingness to look facts in the face. Case in point would be using an unspectacular "nose clean" seventh place in a high attrition race as the basis for a podium at the next race. No mention of Conway following up this win, Servia's good season thus far, Hinchcliffe's performance or any other far more reasonable talking points, we're just back to business as usual with, surprise, a prediction of a good result for Danica. Whilst he continues to do that, people are going to get wound up about it.

Hoop-98
18th April 2011, 13:46
Hoop...

11th, He was 3d went back to 22d, had climbed to 11th, was untouchable on cold tires.

DiverDown
18th April 2011, 14:54

I did not read anyone dishing stuff on Danica, but only posting facts. Why should anyone apologize for dishing out facts?

If DF's intelligence is based on his picking Danica to win every race, and that finishing 7th (after RHR, Power, HCN, Wilson, Marco, Dixon, and others had issues) is a good day, then he gets an F.

One just needs to look at the disgust on Power's face after finishing 10th. Power would have the same look had he finished anywhere but first, and that is the difference between Danica, and the real racers in the series.

I don’t post much, but DF’s posts are the most annoying, rah-rah rant, excuse laden and ignorant posts here. He already has a dumb comment about her on the podium for the next race, though if four more cars drop out and have issues, bingo, and other “great drive”.

Imagine rooting for a driver, whose only chance for a win is if 24-26 cars drop out….what a racer!

SoCalPVguy
18th April 2011, 15:04
Even a blind squirrel finds an acorn every once in a while.

TURN3
18th April 2011, 15:20
I think my 2 fellow forum members have pretty much answered the bulk of what uncommon senseless has posted. Perfectly.in fact.

Now let me help set you straight a little more so your pony doesn't get lost. Amateur is not merely to opposite of a professional. If you had any sense, which by your God given handle here you don't seem to have, you'd realize I'm basically.telling you you are clueless.

Now I see you've backed off the Will Power struggles on oval thing a bit. That's good, because his crew literally lost him 4 races last year on oval (and subsequently the title). As Will said, you win as a team you lose as one...but let's not pretend he struggles. Hasn't gotten the results of where he has ran maybe...but let's be real. Struggles? That is stupid.

Next, show me where is said PT would finish ahead of Daniker...please. I believe I predicted he would out qualify her based on her pitiful standards. I did not not count on him being even more pitiful....which they both were! I also said he would out race her, which frankly he didn't do either. But I believe I clearly stated that it was possible she finished ahead of him. I called out DF's manhood because if your sense takes you back another few posts...I owned up to mine. That is something he NEVER does.

So, seems to me you should need some time to use your common sense.

garyshell
18th April 2011, 15:37
It's the results that matter.

What's that old saying? Slow and steady wins the race. Not saying Danica will get a win this year. I'd bet all the money I have she doesn't. But relying on "attrition" is the same thing as "big picture racing", just worded differently.

Sorry, I don't buy that for even one second. Slow and steady RACING wins the race, not slow and steady driving around avoiding conforntation at all costs.

Gary

Chris R
18th April 2011, 18:18
Well, despite the reasonable showing by Danica and the abysmal showing by PT, the win by Conway was darn impressive (I certainly didn't give him his due credit when he was selected for the team...).. We all know DF gets a little carried away and we also mostly know that predictions of PT really doing GREAT at LB were more wishful thinking than real predictions - there were too many variables in play for him to realistically do well and you cannot escape the fact he is older and has been out of the Indycar cockpit for too long.... It would have been awesome if h did well and he still has the talent to do it - but much like Mario toward the end of his career - the good days will be fewer and farther between....

I gotta say - I love that show he does with Tanner Faust on Speed though - he has some potential in the booth when he is ready to hang it up for good.....

bblocker68
18th April 2011, 18:32
My dearest Helio:

A day later and I'm still PO'd. Anyone trying to say Power had something to do with his crash is crazy.

Nikki Katz
18th April 2011, 19:00
That was actually a really good race, if a little random because of the safety car rules. I've been really impressed by Conway this year - he didn't do a great deal in GP2 or at D&R, but he seems to be suddenly leading his team this year.

Am really annoyed at Castroneves though - he punted off two cars and didn't get punished at all? This seems to be becoming a habit...

Anubis
18th April 2011, 19:53
Just caught up on the highlights. Few thoughts, some of which may or may not be entirely serious.

HCN - not quite as crazy a move as I was anticipating, having seen the reaction here, but still rather silly. The nerf on Wilson was worse IMO. Perhaps he can make amends and go on Brazil for a podium?

Servia - most seamless rejoining of the action I can recall for a good while! Liquid driving. He's really impressed so far. Still brought it home in 6th despite the enforced off track moment. Now on to Brazil for a podium...

Viso - time he was parked, surely? Will probably go on to Brazil and crash into the podium.

Sato - at least his recent crashes haven't actually been his fault, which is progress of a sort.

Danica - seventh in a race of attrition. Hardly "Panis in Monaco" is it. Do not adjust your set, normal service will be resumed shortly.

Conway - how can you not be pleased for the guy? After a crash that could easily have been life, let alone career ending, he's shown a very impressive turn of speed this season, and unlike some, is actually a realistic bet for a fast six appearance. Indycar's ugly duckling maybe? Chance we'll see the momentum carry over to Brazil and see him back on the podium?

EagleEye
18th April 2011, 20:09
Just caught up on the highlights. Few thoughts, some of which may or may not be entirely serious.

HCN - not quite as crazy a move as I was anticipating, having seen the reaction here, but still rather silly. The nerf on Wilson was worse IMO. Perhaps he can make amends and go on Brazil for a podium?

Servia - most seamless rejoining of the action I can recall for a good while! Liquid driving. He's really impressed so far. Still brought it home in 6th despite the enforced off track moment. Now on to Brazil for a podium...

Viso - time he was parked, surely? Will probably go on to Brazil and crash into the podium.

Sato - at least his recent crashes haven't actually been his fault, which is progress of a sort.

Danica - seventh in a race of attrition. Hardly "Panis in Monaco" is it. Do not adjust your set, normal service will be resumed shortly.

Conway - how can you not be pleased for the guy? After a crash that could easily have been life, let alone career ending, he's shown a very impressive turn of speed this season, and unlike some, is actually a realistic bet for a fast six appearance. Indycar's ugly duckling maybe? Chance we'll see the momentum carry over to Brazil and see him back on the podium?

One of the best posts in some time. Agree on all accounts! Though on HCN, I would have liked to see a penalty for his earlier "avoidable" contact. The last one was really just a function of the crazy re-start.

Anubis
18th April 2011, 20:28
I was going to add - "PT - please don't turn let your career go the way of Eddie Cheever", but there wasn't a suitable podium gag available. I also forgot about Tags, who seemed to avoid the mayhem for a decent finish. I hope the likes of Conway, Servia et al (TK perhaps?) can mix it up with the usual Ganassi and Penske boys, as it makes life much more interesting. All this and we've yet to see Ed Carpenter on track :)

TURN3
18th April 2011, 20:36

Agree on every level. Good points.

uncommonsense52
18th April 2011, 21:51
I think my 2 fellow forum members have pretty much answered the bulk of what uncommon senseless has posted. Perfectly.in fact.

Now let me help set you straight a little more so your pony doesn't get lost. Amateur is not merely to opposite of a professional. If you had any sense, which by your God given handle here you don't seem to have, you'd realize I'm basically.telling you you are clueless.

See, it's this sort of **** that sets me off on the internet. There's not reason to start insulting people. I'm not clueless, and if you think so, then you think so, but it has no place in civil discourse. If you can't prove me clueless by simply stating the facts, and you have to revert back Ad Hominem-ing me to make me seem wrong, the you don't have a very good argument.

And my handle wasn't God given. Believe it or not, I gave it to myself.

Now I see you've backed off the Will Power struggles on oval thing a bit. That's good, because his crew literally lost him 4 races last year on oval (and subsequently the title). As Will said, you win as a team you lose as one...but let's not pretend he struggles. Hasn't gotten the results of where he has ran maybe...but let's be real. Struggles? That is stupid.

I've not backed off on the ovals thing at all. He struggles on them. I'm maintaining the same thing I said then as I say now, the only difference is, in the post before this one I expounded on it. He's not as good on ovals as he is on road/street courses, by a wide margin. Therefore, he struggles.

If you want to prove me wrong, please, prove me wrong. Don't just say the equivalent, "bah, you're a stupidface" because that isn't conversation or argumentation, it's just immature.

Next, show me where is said PT would finish ahead of Daniker...please. I believe I predicted he would out qualify her based on her pitiful standards. I did not not count on him being even more pitiful....which they both were! I also said he would out race her, which frankly he didn't do either. But I believe I clearly stated that it was possible she finished ahead of him. I called out DF's manhood because if your sense takes you back another few posts...I owned up to mine. That is something he NEVER does.

So, seems to me you should need some time to use your common sense.

There's no reason to call out manhood at all here though. We're fans of a sport, and we're just chatting. This is my biggest problem. So what if DF thinks Danica is the best racer that ever lived, he's just supporting his favorite driver. That's no reason to start jumping on him for liking her. I admit to not knowing the full history of DF here, because I'm relatively new, but the bullying seems one-sided in this thread.

TURN3
18th April 2011, 22:09
See, it's this sort of **** that sets me off on the internet. There's not reason to start insulting people. I'm not clueless, and if you think so, then you think so, but it has no place in civil discourse. If you can't prove me clueless by simply stating the facts, and you have to revert back Ad Hominem-ing me to make me seem wrong, the you don't have a very good argument.

And my handle wasn't God given. Believe it or not, I gave it to myself.

I've not backed off on the ovals thing at all. He struggles on them. I'm maintaining the same thing I said then as I say now, the only difference is, in the post before this one I expounded on it. He's not as good on ovals as he is on road/street courses, by a wide margin. Therefore, he struggles.

If you want to prove me wrong, please, prove me wrong. Don't just say the equivalent, "bah, you're a stupidface" because that isn't conversation or argumentation, it's just immature.

There's no reason to call out manhood at all here though. We're fans of a sport, and we're just chatting. This is my biggest problem. So what if DF thinks Danica is the best racer that ever lived, he's just supporting his favorite driver. That's no reason to start jumping on him for liking her. I admit to not knowing the full history of DF here, because I'm relatively new, but the bullying seems one-sided in this thread.

That was a very long winded way of saying you don't have anything better to add.

Can you please add some comments on the race? How about the job Hinch did? The save by Servia (which happened right in front of me btw) Spectacular huh?

uncommonsense52
18th April 2011, 23:32
That was a very long winded way of saying you don't have anything better to add.

Can you please add some comments on the race? How about the job Hinch did? The save by Servia (which happened right in front of me btw) Spectacular huh?

Sure! Servia's save was great. It was risky. Someone else mentioned in here that it was reminiscent of Tracy's less-fortunate move he did on a street course in the ChampCar days, only he tagged Tag (lol) on his way out.

I was really bummed about Seabass being taken out. He's got such a rough deal working with the uncompetitive Coyne outfit. Not saying they can't be competitive, of course. Just saying right now, that team is so bare on materials and intel. In either case, Marco should watch his mirrors.

I also don't get why PT was black flagged, and Helio not. Same incident.

Man, Wilson had a rough day. Get's punted early on, then something snaps later.

Loved seeing Conway win it. When a non-Penske and non-Ganassi team gets themselves a win, I figure it grows the sport a little somehow. When it's only two teams winning every race, it gets stale. I think more winners gives the series and it's potential fans more to like and respect. And man did he put on a dazzling show at the end there. Of course, we could say he gained about 5 spots on the restart where Power and Castro came together, and then we could use the word "attrition", but I'm not going to =p

I noticed that Long Beach seems less ideal for the two-wide restarts. The way they come off the hairpen, and then down Sunset Blvd., the cars don't gt an opportunity to align themselves into the two-wide formation. St. Pete and Barber were better for this because of the straights at the courses, I guess.

I watched the race, thank you very much =p.

Re: nothing better to add. How did you quoting my post of supposedly "nothing to add" add anything?

Dr. Krogshöj
18th April 2011, 23:42

The pathetic restarts at Long Beach didn't have anything to do with track width. Of course, people who don't like street courses, always go on about them being "too tight" because that's to only cliche they can come up with off the top of their hads. But track width seldom has anything to do the quality of racing. Toronto or Sao Paolo aren't any wider, they simply have better layouts.

In fact, we saw exactly the type of restarts that race control desired. If they wanted real two-by-two restarts, they would have moved the starting line a couple of hundred yards down the straight because there is no way more than two rows can form up within the small distance between the hairpin and the current starting line. If race control thought otherwise, they are delusional morons. Which is hardly a surprise after seeing how Helio gets a free pass for every wreck he makes while PT gets penalized for the first offence. To Brainhart's credit, two-wide restarts at Long Beach were always a joke, even under CART and CCWS, for the same exact reason.

Nevertheless, there were a lot of guys doing a lot better jobs than him, first and foremost Conway and Newman/Haas. Servia's avoiding move was simply awesome. One of the coolest thing I saw out there. So that's what came to my mind after watching the race, which I illegally downloaded. The broadcast itself was an improvement, Wally and RM are doing great jobs.

Here on the forum, business is usual. Same old, same old. Like Viso, really. Just as we can expect him to always crash, we can expect the usual suspects here to talk about Danica. It's really hilarious how one person obsessed with her made a lot more obsessed with her as well.

Hoop-98
19th April 2011, 00:02
Evidently Tracy only got a Pit Lane speeding penalty, no Chrome Horn penalty.

rh

Mightyreds
19th April 2011, 00:34
Evidently Tracy only got a Pit Lane speeding penalty, no Chrome Horn penalty.

rh

Saw PT's blog at Racer where he says he was 2 mph over the limit. Surprising that Robin should have got it wrong. ;) Even more surprising they didn't correct it during the broadcast.

TURN3
19th April 2011, 00:36
Sure! Servia's save was great. It was risky. Someone else mentioned in here that it was reminiscent of Tracy's less-fortunate move he did on a street course in the ChampCar days, only he tagged Tag (lol) on his way out.

I was really bummed about Seabass being taken out. He's got such a rough deal working with the uncompetitive Coyne outfit. Not saying they can't be competitive, of course. Just saying right now, that team is so bare on materials and intel. In either case, Marco should watch his mirrors.

I also don't get why PT was black flagged, and Helio not. Same incident.

Man, Wilson had a rough day. Get's punted early on, then something snaps later.

Loved seeing Conway win it. When a non-Penske and non-Ganassi team gets themselves a win, I figure it grows the sport a little somehow. When it's only two teams winning every race, it gets stale. I think more winners gives the series and it's potential fans more to like and respect. And man did he put on a dazzling show at the end there. Of course, we could say he gained about 5 spots on the restart where Power and Castro came together, and then we could use the word "attrition", but I'm not going to =p

I noticed that Long Beach seems less ideal for the two-wide restarts. The way they come off the hairpen, and then down Sunset Blvd., the cars don't gt an opportunity to align themselves into the two-wide formation. St. Pete and Barber were better for this because of the straights at the courses, I guess.

I watched the race, thank you very much =p.

Re: nothing better to add. How did you quoting my post of supposedly "nothing to add" add anything?

Re: it didn't...the irony!

You are right about Bourdais. There is only one other driver I dislike so.much but I have to say I have my eye on him under these circumstances. He was very impressive marching through the field. He passed about 7 cars from start to pit 1 and he schooled Marco going into 1.

Hoop-98
19th April 2011, 01:08
"He passed about 7 cars from start to pit 1 and he schooled Marco going into 1."

He passed 3, everyone here seems to be guilty of 'Unconscious Transference"....

Remember Danica "Gains Positions", same applies here T3, fair is fair

TURN3
19th April 2011, 02:04
"He passed about 7 cars from start to pit 1 and he schooled Marco going into 1."

He passed 3, everyone here seems to be guilty of 'Unconscious Transference"....

Remember Danica "Gains Positions", same applies here T3, fair is fair

Hoop, I didn't keep a count meter on him but seems to me he passed more than 3 considering I stood there and watched. Is it possible he got pushed back on the start and passed some cars back? he went outside the Dankier going into the fountain. If 7 is off, I apoligize but I don't buy 3 either. Whatever the case, he looked good (and it pains me to say that.)

Hoop-98
19th April 2011, 02:17
Passes are recorded at the S/F line. I guess I would say T3 if you looked at DP with the same eyes she would have done "ok".

I "think" I am pretty independent but I get swept up in my prejucidices also.

I would say, by any measure, Danica had a better Qual and a better race than PT. SB's chance got robbed he would have probably done better than either.

DP get's these finishes by her design, she doesn't get wrapped up in the scrums.

She had some good moves and on Blacks passed Simona on Reds.

Simona was pretty awful this race.

For whatever reason DP 0ften finishes better than she races, so give her credit...

jm2c

Hoop-98
19th April 2011, 02:19
Hoop, I didn't keep a count meter on him but seems to me he passed more than 3 considering I stood there and watched. Is it possible he got pushed back on the start and passed some cars back? he went outside the Dankier going into the fountain. If 7 is off, I apoligize but I don't buy 3 either. Whatever the case, he looked good (and it pains me to say that.)

I know you didn't keep a count meter on him, but you gave a count?

TURN3
19th April 2011, 03:40
I know you didn't keep a count meter on him, but you gave a count?

I believe I heard he was up 7 positions at one time...maybe that is where the 7 in my mind came from. Going into 1, he was passing and peeking pretty much every lap. I was impressed and as I said, I would prefer not to be by him. I don't know where the comparison to Danica came from, or PT for that matter. I simply stated he looked good and passed (however many cars). At that point in the race, I doubt anybody else had passed more. And I don't know how somebody as knowledgable as you could possibly think Danica's move through the field is by design. She's slow, pretty much always slow, hence being at the back frequently. What other option does she have? This is the first race she wasn't the last car on the lead lap or not on the lead lap in any race she's been in all year. Her speed in practices, quals, or races has been bad (I know she had a couple laps at St. Pete but no consistency and on low fuel, no traffic, and a rubbered track at the end). My comments on SB are in no way related to her slowness.

garyshell
19th April 2011, 04:26
I didn't have to look outside to realize it was a full moon. All I had to do was read the last dozen or so messages in this thread. Yikes!

Gary

Hoop-98
19th April 2011, 14:01
I don't find Danica Patrick to be a very remarkable driver. Not remarkably good or bad.

She is , IMO, too tentative on starts, restarts, in traffic, and on cold tires.

She is , IMO. decent as far as speed, doesn't crash a lot, generally get's better finishes than her pace would suggest. Has better pace on Ovals but still suffers from lack of controlled aggression IMO, as opposed to Uncontrolled Aggression.

Just an average driver with huge PR, IMO.

I don't mean to pick on you T3, just that as someone who follows statistics and racing, I wonder why there seems to be so much disconnect in what people in general see/believe and what Lap Charts, Session Times, etc. document.

Have a good one, btw, I think Charlie Kimball was doing the best back in that group!!

rh

TURN3
19th April 2011, 14:15
Have a good one, btw, I think Charlie Kimball was doing the best back in that group!!

rh

That is a very good point...I noticed that also. Tracy got passed him in the first couple of laps but then Kimball started making some moves, you're right.

beachbum
19th April 2011, 19:33
I don't find Danica Patrick to be a very remarkable driver. Not remarkably good or bad.

She is , IMO, too tentative on starts, restarts, in traffic, and on cold tires.

She is , IMO. decent as far as speed, doesn't crash a lot, generally get's better finishes than her pace would suggest. Has better pace on Ovals but still suffers from lack of controlled aggression IMO, as opposed to Uncontrolled Aggression.

Just an average driver with huge PR, IMO.

I don't mean to pick on you T3, just that as someone who follows statistics and racing, I wonder why there seems to be so much disconnect in what people in general see/believe and what Lap Charts, Session Times, etc. document.

rhHoop, a very fair appraisal. She has now gone 36 consecutive Indy car races without a DNF. No only is that an indication of very good equipment, but usually the sign of a conservative driver who rarely puts themselves in harms way - or pushes the envelope.

Watching her in her early years it always seems like most drivers gave her a lot of room, and either didn't race her hard, or just left her go. However, this year it seems she has had a lot of contact, most of it relatively minor, with the glaring exceptions of Conway at Barber and Viso at Long Beach. Don't know what that means, but if it continues, that 36 race streak may not last long.

She has had a lot of incidents in NASCAR, and most of the fan sites (and some of the media) attribute it to not giving racing room or just not being aware of what is going on around her. Many of the incidents were not of her doing, but many could have easily been avoided. If there is any one thing that stands out about her driving (IMHO) is she sometimes drives like she is the only one on track and people should just get out of her way.

Nem14
19th April 2011, 20:48
I didn't have the opportunity to watch the race. Did Marco's pit crew indicate to him to leave the pit, and pull out right in front of Bourdais?

garyshell
19th April 2011, 22:43
I didn't have the opportunity to watch the race. Did Marco's pit crew indicate to him to leave the pit, and pull out right in front of Bourdais?

Yes, but they didn't indicate for him to immediately go all the way to the outer wall, nor did they tell him not to use his freakin' mirrors.

Gary

NickFalzone
19th April 2011, 22:55
Enough with the Danica comments, geez. You guys let one DP fanatic control the whole discussion. She's not a terrible driver, she's not a great driver. Really, just not worthy of our time.

nigelred5
19th April 2011, 23:28
Yes, but they didn't indicate for him to immediately go all the way to the outer wall, nor did they tell him not to use his freakin' mirrors.

Gary

He was giving Wilson room and had no idea Bourdais had come up next to him on the outside, but daddyo' should have told him he had Bourdais coming up next to him.

DBell
20th April 2011, 01:23
He was giving Wilson room and had no idea Bourdais had come up next to him on the outside, but daddyo' should have told him he had Bourdais coming up next to him.
I agree with Gary, but I get what your point is. It is the fault of the team not tell him on the radio Bourdais was there. I know drivers today are very reliant on spotters and communications. But at the same time, Marco has to be more aware of his surroundings. He knows others are also pitting at that time and he has to consider the possibility that someone may be there and take a look for himself. I think most successful drivers are more aware of what is going on around them than just what they hear on the radio.

SarahFan
20th April 2011, 01:54
Marco and successful don't belong in the same sentence.....

But I will give credit where due..... He didn't wear those silly white glasses on camera this weekend

garyshell
20th April 2011, 02:49

He still has mirrors.

Gary

TURN3
20th April 2011, 03:15
Maybe Marco was wearing said silly white glasses and could see his mirrors?

garyshell
20th April 2011, 04:22
Maybe Marco was wearing said silly white glasses and could see his mirrors?

I think the kid got his mother's "taste" in eyewear. Anyone remember the god awful bling that woman used to wear?

Gary

jimispeed
20th April 2011, 05:17
Due to the delay in the race, my dvd recorder missed the race. These highlights look pretty good though! Bonehead Andretti? Great camera work VS!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrxJ8p7AKb0

nigelred5
20th April 2011, 13:12
lol, yeah, she was pretty bad. She "thought" she was lookin good..

Will Rogers
20th April 2011, 19:27
I'll never forget the bolero hat with the fabric balls dangling off the brim that Marco's mom wore while occurpying the timing stand at Indy one year while husband Michael was dicing for the race lead with 20-30 laps to go. It remains the #1 contenter for worst hat of all time. She could not have been more bored or disinterested, never even looked at his car as it went by, and her expression didn't change when something broke on his car while leading, denying him his best chance to win the 500.

Chris R
20th April 2011, 21:26
I'll never forget the bolero hat with the fabric balls dangling off the brim that Marco's mom wore while occurpying the timing stand at Indy one year while husband Michael was dicing for the race lead with 20-30 laps to go. It remains the #1 contenter for worst hat of all time. She could not have been more bored or disinterested, never even looked at his car as it went by, and her expression didn't change when something broke on his car while leading, denying him his best chance to win the 500.

I remember that hat!!! too funny.... I gotta say, Mario seems like a pretty classy sort of guy - but it seems like the class has worn off a little more each generation.....

SarahFan
21st April 2011, 01:55
Scuttlebutt is the race drew a .28.... About 1/2 what it did last year

Momentum? Not!

Thanks

NickFalzone
21st April 2011, 02:39
Scuttlebutt is the race drew a .28.... About 1/2 what it did last year

Momentum? Not!

Thanks

I'm having a hard time DIScrediting the VS ratings, simply because comparing no one watching last year to no one watching this year, is pointless. I honestly believe that if you put Sprint Cup on VS, you would be getting sub 1.0s on a regular basis. The problem isn't that VS viewers aren't IndyCar fans. The problem is that no one is watching VS period. There is hope on the horizon with NBC/Comcast getting this channel into the mainstream. But right now, you have a minor league station broadcasting a niche series. IndyCar seems to resonate OK whenever it gets on the free network stations. As I've said in other threads. the Network numbers for IndyCar have consistently been relatively good. But the fanbase is simply too thin and the VS coverage too weak to ever get traction in the current tv contract.

garyshell
21st April 2011, 04:26
You all have forgotten that she was being the ultimate team player by promoting the sponsor's products - K Mart at the time.
:D :eek: :D

Now THAT is funny!!! :rotflmao:

Gary

bugeyedgomer
21st April 2011, 04:56
I honestly believe that if you put Sprint Cup on VS, you would be getting sub 1.0s on a regular basis. The problem is that VS viewers arent IndyCar fans. the NHL will join others telling you that you dont know what you are talking about

NBC’s reported $2 billion 10-year contract with the NHL

Yesterday the NHL signed a 10-year extension with NBC/Versus to continue hockey coverage on the network through 2021.
This isnt a scenario where if you cant beat em, join em applies. Instead of playing second, third or fourth fiddle to other sports, the NHL is continuing to expand on a network that gives it front and center attention all season.

Versus does more than just air the games. They have hockey-centric analysis shows on a regular basis, which is something I refuse to believe ESPN would offer even if they picked up the league.

The NHL has a network to shine on with Versus. If you want the game to grow, you have to give it the attention it deserves rather than burying into the back five minutes of conversation like ESPN has done in the past, even when they were televising games.

Furthermore, Bettman is betting on a winning horse here. This is a network that has increased NHL television ratings by nearly 84 percent, and was host to the most watched televised hockey game in the last 36 years in the 2011 Winter Classic. Coverage is being increased to 100 regular season games for next season, and with coverage on NBC, Versus and the Comcast network, exposure to the game should be higher than ever.

NHL fans are apparently more inteligent than IRl fans, seeing as NHL fans have no problem finding Versus

At the same time NHL was increasing viewership on Versus, the IRl viewership has been declining

downtowndeco
21st April 2011, 06:31
At the rate they're going they're never going to get a series sponsor, a paying TV deal, more than 16 or 17 cars to start each race and most certainly there is no way, no how they'll have 33 starting Indy this year....oh wait, never mind.

SarahFan
21st April 2011, 14:16
Get back to us when you have actually been to or watch a race

bugeyedgomer
21st April 2011, 16:06
At the rate they\'re going they\'re never going to get a series sponsor, a paying TV deal, more than 16 or 17 cars to start each race and most certainly there is no way, no how they\'ll have 33 starting Indy this year....oh wait, never mind.

not without the brother busting the family bank to a tune of 600 million dollars

Finally, the owners are bitching about buying optional bodywork kits for $75,000 so don’t be surprised if we have all Dallaras in 2012.

downtowndeco
21st April 2011, 16:58
Are personal jabs being allowed now?

Get back to us when you have actually been to or watch a race