PDA

View Full Version : undonkey of the race

Daniel
10th April 2011, 10:43
Heidfeld

Dave B
10th April 2011, 10:45
Heidfeld, and Webber for salvaging some decent points despite no KERS and a weird strategy.

shurik
10th April 2011, 10:46
Heidfeld, although Renault itself screwed up with the tactics for both drivers

Dave B
10th April 2011, 10:47
Honorable mention to Kobayashi for entertainment value as usual.

gm99
10th April 2011, 10:47
Heidfeld.

Honorable mention to Di Resta and Kobayashi (who only made two pit stops, if I'm not mistaken).

Hawkmoon
10th April 2011, 10:48
Button, Heidfeld and Webber.

Robinho
10th April 2011, 10:54
i don't think i could split the top 4, all drove a great race, webber especially for the race with no KERS, more stops and fighting for tenth in the 1st lap, plus the move of the day for round the outside of Massa in turn 1.

Realy happy for Button and Heidfield, the 2 men who keep getting written off, great drives from both.

F1boat
10th April 2011, 10:55
Button, Heidfeld and Webber.

Yes!

Koz
10th April 2011, 10:56
Quick Nick!

Rollo
10th April 2011, 10:58
Allons-y pique-nique, ya pick Nick.
Nick. Nick. Nick!
Allons-y pique-nique,
Ya pick Nick - Fantastique!

N4D13
10th April 2011, 11:01
Heidfeld, Button.

I'd say Webber as well, but I've got no clue about what happened with his start.

christophulus
10th April 2011, 11:03
Kobayashi was brilliant, seemed to spend most of his race overtaking. Webber did well with a broken car and Heidfeld was pretty solid too.

Vettel as well, I wouldn't be surprised if they were using those radio messages as mind games. "OK, I've set the fastest lap, did I mention loud enough that I don't have any KERS?"

ShiftingGears
10th April 2011, 11:03
Heidfeld, Button.

I'd say Webber as well, but I've got no clue about what happened with his start.

No KERS.

Sonic
10th April 2011, 11:07
Kobayashi was brilliant, seemed to spend most of his race overtaking. Webber did well with a broken car and Heidfeld was pretty solid too.

Vettel as well, I wouldn't be surprised if they were using those radio messages as mind games. "OK, I've set the fastest lap, did I mention loud enough that I don't have any KERS?"

Agreed on all. Kobay was just mega today. Two stops but spent his whole race on a charge.

AndyL
10th April 2011, 11:10
Honourable mention for Lotus - after 55 laps Kovalainen finished within 10 seconds of both Torro Rossos. They have definitely taken a good step forward.

ioan
10th April 2011, 11:11
i don't think i could split the top 4, all drove a great race, webber especially for the race with no KERS, more stops and fighting for tenth in the 1st lap, plus the move of the day for round the outside of Massa in turn 1.

You sure you don't mean round the inside of turn 2?!

ioan
10th April 2011, 11:12

Rev's were too low.

aryan
10th April 2011, 11:46
Webber, Heidfeld and Button were all great.

They all get written of as No 2 drivers, but today, they showed shy they are not.

ioan
10th April 2011, 12:39
Webber, Heidfeld and Button were all great.

They all get written of as No 2 drivers, but today, they showed shy they are not.

To be honest today Webber only showed why he is a 2nd driver, a solid one though, unlike Heidfeld and Button who did get the better of their team mates.

Garry Walker
10th April 2011, 13:51
You sure you don't mean round the inside of turn 2?! Well, Even though I like massa, Webbers move was quite brave and good.

Rev's were too low.

No KERS, but I guess in Webbers case that is always irrelevant.

ioan
10th April 2011, 14:13
Well, Even though I like massa, Webbers move was quite brave and good.

Nothing to do with Massa, the pass was done on the inside of turn 2.

No KERS, but I guess in Webbers case that is always irrelevant.

KERS is not engaged at the very beginning otherwise it would only contribute to wheels spin, and Webber was very very slow of the line, but I guess that physics is not relevant when it comes to talking rubbish, eh?!

BTW Webber is a rather mediocre starter, just check the average of his starting performance. :rolleyes:

Garry Walker
10th April 2011, 14:32
Nothing to do with Massa, the pass was done on the inside of turn 2.

KERS is not engaged at the very beginning otherwise it would only contribute to wheels spin, and Webber was very very slow of the line, but I guess that physics is not relevant when it comes to talking rubbish, eh?!

BTW Webber is a rather mediocre starter, just check the average of his starting performance. :rolleyes:

The reason why Webber was on the inside for turn 2 was that he was very brave braking to turn 1 and dared to go round the outside of Massa, it was a good move.

As for Webbers start, he didnt have a great getway, but then when everyone used KERS, they just flew past him. I am guessing for you that is irrelevant and lack of KERS didnt have any effect. That is funny, because the only reason Red Bull had KERS on was to help them with the start, they never meant to use it during the race.
But I know after last years turkish GP that some people would blame Webber even if meteorite hit his car and it is not worthwhile debating about it.

Do you have stats for his starting performances, Id love to see them?

ShiftingGears
10th April 2011, 14:48
The reason why Webber was on the inside for turn 2 was that he was very brave braking to turn 1 and dared to go round the outside of Massa, it was a good move.

As for Webbers start, he didnt have a great getway, but then when everyone used KERS, they just flew past him. I am guessing for you that is irrelevant and lack of KERS didnt have any effect. That is funny, because the only reason Red Bull had KERS on was to help them with the start, they never meant to use it during the race.
But I know after last years turkish GP that some people would blame Webber even if meteorite hit his car and it is not worthwhile debating about it.

Do you have stats for his starting performances, Id love to see them?

:up: :up:

wedge
10th April 2011, 14:48
Daniel - what is an undonkey? Can't we go back to driver/drive of the day?

Daniel
10th April 2011, 14:54
Daniel - what is an undonkey? Can't we go back to driver/drive of the day?

if you post the thread first next time you can :) Everyone else seems to have the hang of it?

ioan
10th April 2011, 15:35

Sure sure, Webber is an impressive 2nd driver, I agree as I know that you only support him due to your hatred for Vettel.

As for Webbers start, he didnt have a great getway, but then when everyone used KERS, they just flew past him.

Lack of KERS does not mean you end up 10th from starting 3rd as long as you manage to get the car rolling as it should.

BTW Alonso had KERS and what not and he still lost tons of places both today and 2 weeks ago, how would you explain that, huh?! :rolleyes:

Bottom line Webber got off the line very slowly and if you check his onboard footage you will see where the problem was, by the time he should have used KERS (around the 100kmh mark) Button and at least both Ferrari's had overtaken him.

52Paddy
10th April 2011, 17:02
Nick Heidfeld: fantastic start and cool headed, commanding final stint on worn tyres.

Malbec
10th April 2011, 19:01
Agreed on all. Kobay was just mega today. Two stops but spent his whole race on a charge.

Heidfeld and Kobayashi today did it for me.

I'm really curious as to what the paddock make of Kobayashi. I rate him and clearly a lot of fans do. Sauber adore him but I don't hear many other team staff talk about him. I hope he doesn't end up like Fisichella and end up being passed over for the very best seats because I'd love to see him in a top drive one day.

Mia 01
10th April 2011, 20:08
Nick, Jenson and Koba.

Hope Nick will get a win soon.

Sonic
10th April 2011, 20:40
Heidfeld and Kobayashi today did it for me.

I'm really curious as to what the paddock make of Kobayashi. I rate him and clearly a lot of fans do. Sauber adore him but I don't hear many other team staff talk about him. I hope he doesn't end up like Fisichella and end up being passed over for the very best seats because I'd love to see him in a top drive one day.

Well Fissi did end up in a car that won the WDC - twice, so he wasn't all that hard done by, but I know what you are saying. Let's hope the big guns are watching.

donKey jote
10th April 2011, 20:57
BTW Alonso had KERS and what not and he still lost tons of places both today and 2 weeks ago, how would you explain that, huh?! :rolleyes:

easy to explain: he's a donkey :p

and he picked the wrong side and got boxed in, specially last time

ioan
10th April 2011, 21:09
easy to explain: he's a donkey :p

I wish everything was that easy in life! ;)

BDunnell
10th April 2011, 22:02
Sure sure, Webber is an impressive 2nd driver, I agree as I know that you only support him due to your hatred for Vettel.

ioan, as has been stated to you many times before, it is not the case that 'supporting' one driver is always derived from 'hatred' for another, even though this is the case for you.

BDunnell
10th April 2011, 22:10

I think he is maybe thought of in the same way as the previous Japanese drivers who have shown promise but ultimately not done an awful lot — Satoru Nakajima, Katayama, Sato and so on. Whether it is right to place Kobayashi in that same bracket I don't think we know yet. He is certainly a really good racer in the true sense of the word, though.

gloomyDAY
10th April 2011, 22:15
Vettel.

ioan, as has been stated to you many times before, it is not the case that 'supporting' one driver is always derived from 'hatred' for another, even though this is the case for you. :D This made me laugh! I still remember how ioan vehemently accused Bourdais of slamming into Massa at Japan in 2008.

Back when he was still a Ferrari fan, if it wasn't laced with red, then it was WRONG!

ioan
10th April 2011, 22:56
ioan, as has been stated to you many times before, it is not the case that 'supporting' one driver is always derived from 'hatred' for another, even though this is the case for you.

Garry publicly admitted his feelings towards Vettel, so I am afraid that you are mixing in things that you don't know, not to mention making another 'strange' assumption, remember the one when you compared Queen with boybands?!

ioan
10th April 2011, 22:57
Vettel.

:D This made me laugh! I still remember how ioan vehemently accused Bourdais of slamming into Massa at Japan in 2008.

Bourdais did run into Massa's Ferrari's side in Japan 2008, video footage proves it. :p

gloomyDAY
10th April 2011, 23:06
Bourdais did run into Massa's Ferrari's side in Japan 2008, video footage proves it. :p Uh oh! Let's not start this up again. ;)

BDunnell
10th April 2011, 23:09
Garry publicly admitted his feelings towards Vettel, so I am afraid that you are mixing in things that you don't know, not to mention making another 'strange' assumption, remember the one when you compared Queen with boybands?!

Er... no. Your comprehension is failing you on that one.

Daniel
10th April 2011, 23:14
Bourdais did run into Massa's Ferrari's side in Japan 2008, video footage proves it. :p

Please ioan, stop this. People have just about forgotten all those times you blindly supported Ferrari and might actually respect your opinions.

gloomyDAY
10th April 2011, 23:17
Please ioan, stop this. People have just about forgotten all those times you blindly supported Ferrari and might actually respect your opinions.I think we should all chill a bit. I got slapped with the ban stick last time this was discussed. lol

BDunnell
10th April 2011, 23:25
I think we should all chill a bit. I got slapped with the ban stick last time this was discussed. lol

Yes. The golf is rather entertaining tonight.

Daniel
10th April 2011, 23:25
Yes. The golf is rather entertaining tonight.

????? Have they started beating the crap out of each other with their clubs? If not STFU and stop lying!!!! :p

BDunnell
10th April 2011, 23:32
????? Have they started beating the crap out of each other with their clubs? If not STFU and stop lying!!!! :p

Ha! I knew it would elicit a view like that from a sporting philistine.

Daniel
10th April 2011, 23:32
Ha! I knew it would elicit a view like that from a sporting philistine.

:D

wedge
11th April 2011, 00:58
if you post the thread first next time you can :) Everyone else seems to have the hang of it?

Either the you've got itchy trigger fingers or the mods are useless :P

steveaki13
11th April 2011, 07:44
I think Vettel drove well as always these days, as did Button and Webber recovering.

Driver of the race for me was Heidfeld, a calm and composed drive.

Other mentions;
Kobayashi: Drove well and battled all day
Di Resta: Solid drive to finish ahead of his teammate.
Kovalainen: A good race as said before only 10 seconds behind the Toro Rosso's. Good to see the Lotus car getting better

ioan
11th April 2011, 18:00
Uh oh! Let's not start this up again. ;)

You started it.

ioan
11th April 2011, 18:03
Er... no. Your comprehension is failing you on that one.

I am not in my Don Quijote mood today, so whatever...

Garry Walker
14th April 2011, 21:27
Whereas you only bash him because of your undying love for The Golden Boy.

Lack of KERS does not mean you end up 10th from starting 3rd as long as you manage to get the car rolling as it should. On a track with a long straight, where everyone around you has KERS, it might mean that actually.

BTW Alonso had KERS and what not and he still lost tons of places both today and 2 weeks ago, how would you explain that, huh?! :rolleyes: Because on both occasions he got blocked out and didnt choose wisely which line to take. :rolleyes:

Bottom line Webber got off the line very slowly and if you check his onboard footage you will see where the problem was, by the time he should have used KERS (around the 100kmh mark) Button and at least both Ferrari's had overtaken him.No, you are wrong.
He got a bad start, but then everyone KERSed him and flew past like he was standing.
BTW: where are your stats for Webbos average starting performances, you said I should check them, can you give me a link or something?

Garry Walker
14th April 2011, 21:29
Vettel.

:D This made me laugh! I still remember how ioan vehemently accused Bourdais of slamming into Massa at Japan in 2008.

Back when he was still a Ferrari fan, if it wasn't laced with red, then it was WRONG!

Yeah, Ioan`s problem is that when he has a favourite driver, then they can do no wrong, and their biggest rivals can do nothing right. Sadly this is the truth.

ioan
15th April 2011, 00:00
Yeah, Ioan`s problem is that when he has a favourite driver, then they can do no wrong, and their biggest rivals can do nothing right. Sadly this is the truth.

:laugh: What do you know about truth?
Not everyone is like you, so maybe you should stop extrapolating your feelings to other forum members.

Big Ben
15th April 2011, 13:44
I am not in my Don Quijote mood today, so whatever...

:laugh: ... Is this the first confession that you may be delusional sometimes...? :laugh:
It's ok... we'll wait.

PSfan
16th April 2011, 00:08
I was gonna ignore this thread because I thought the title was retarded, until I thought about it. And for the Malaysian GP besides Vettel doing pretty much exactly as expected, and perhaps Button over-achieving for 2nd, I don't think anyone else was outstanding enough to warrant driver of the race. (Heidfeld's result came from his start which Petrov would have had an equally impressive start if he could have found a hole to slot into, and other peoples misfortunes and not anything special he did.)

Undonkey, while it sounds stupid I will interpret as a driver who did something earning the Donkey title but through the remainder of the race managed to raise himself above that Donkey status... So I will give that award to Webber and his lack-luster start, (even after lacking kers was considered) and managed to salvage some decent points, and proving again that KERS at this time isn't as beneficial as people expect by setting the fastest lap of the race.

Daniel
16th April 2011, 08:54
LOL @ the people having issues with the thread title