PDA

View Full Version : MotoGP 2012

NinjaMaster
9th April 2011, 14:36
Yeah, I know that 2011 has just got under way and there's still plenty of excitement left for this year before jumping into next season but Ducati have just started the testing of their new 2012 1,000cc MotoGP challengers. The test riders had first crack at it, then Rossi and finally Hayden.

2K2VU89JcFg

http://resources.motogp.com/2011/04/08/2011-rossigp12jerez05_slideshow_169.jpg

http://www.mcnews.com.au/NewsArchives/2011/April/Rossi_1.jpg

Valentino Rossi:
“I’m happy,” said Valentino Rossi after the test. “I like the GP12. In my opinion, it’s more enjoyable, more fun to ride. It was the first time we had it on the track, so we had some work to do, but the engine is nicer. It’s a lot of fun, and you can do some nice slides. :up: :lips: It’s the bike we’ll ride next year, so it was very important—and also very nice—to be among the first to take it on the track.”

Corny
10th April 2011, 16:24
Germany might get another location for the 2012 MotoGP.. According to the German newspaper 'De Bild', does Dorna want to earn 4 million for a new contract, where the 'old' contract was 2..

Sachsenring's the only real motorbike track in Germany, so I hope it'll stay there

larantuka
13th April 2011, 05:24
http://www.mcnews.com.au/NewsArchives/2011/April/Rossi_1.jpg

Valentino Rossi:
“I’m happy,” said Valentino Rossi after the test. “I like the GP12. In my opinion, it’s more enjoyable, more fun to ride. It was the first time we had it on the track, so we had some work to do, but the engine is nicer. It’s a lot of fun, and you can do some nice slides. :up: :lips: It’s the bike we’ll ride next year, so it was very important—and also very nice—to be among the first to take it on the track.”
Thanks for this update, there might be some changes on chassis that compromise the power to give riders more room to ride with enough maneuver when cornering. It looks on current bike he is a bit struggling. They still can do development in this ongoing season to be more competitive in the remaining races, opportunity is still a wide-open. However, such early period of shakedown testing would give more advantages, more alerts before the bike declared fit for racing. This GP12 could be a maiden voyage.

NinjaMaster
19th May 2011, 13:31
Honda unveiled their 2012 weapon at Jerez after the recent round of MotoGP at Le Mans. Stoner was the first of Honda's riders to test the new bike with Pedrosa unable to attend due to injury (and Dovi couldn't ride due to not being a 2012 signed rider apparently).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRJOPw9KX84&feature=player_embedded

http://photos.motogp.com/2011/05/17/01_slideshow_169.jpg

CASEY STONER
"Everything has gone very well, very positive. It's just nice to ride the 1000cc again, to feel the engine and the power. I had a lot of fun, I enjoyed the first day because everything we've tried seems to be working, so no complaints. The biggest disappointment is that Dani is not going be here to test as he is important to the development of this bike. I hope that soon HRC can get his input as well because we need as much data as possible, in order to be ready for next season. We didn't focus on anything special today, just tried to understand what the bike is doing, how it reacts on the brakes and things like that, also considering some the issues we have with the 800cc right now. The braking point seems to be stronger, stability in the front going into the corner seems to be very good, and of course we want to understand how the power delivery is, and it is very smooth so no problem . In general, we haven't changed too much from the set up we have on the 800cc right now and the feeling is very similar, so it's pretty good".

Ranger
17th June 2011, 02:14
autosport.com - MotoGP News: Six Moto2 teams granted MotoGP entries (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/92362)

Six leading Moto2 teams have been granted places on the MotoGP grid for 2012, when the premier category switches to its new technical regulations.

Kiefer Racing, which currently leads the Moto2 standings with Stefan Bradl, BQR/Blusens, Forward Racing, Marc VDS Racing, Interwetten Paddock GP and the Speed Master team set up around Andrea Iannone this year will all have the opportunity to run one bike in MotoGP from next year under the less restricted 'Claiming Rule Teams' system being introduced as part of the switch from 800cc to 1000cc engines.

The FIM has not yet announced the list of new chassis and engine manufacturers that will be joining the field as part of the move to 1000cc and CRT, amid suggestions that the likes of Aprilia, Norton, Kawasaki and BMW will have a presence.

Sounds good, the numbers in MotoGP are way too low especially when riders get injured.

gids73
17th June 2011, 11:13
Bring back ROC Yamaha...

NinjaMaster
17th June 2011, 12:45
Bring back ROC Yamaha...

...or Elf Honda! :eek: I always liked the MuZ bike, epic motor and wobbly frame.

Wife of MotoGP Guy
26th August 2011, 03:14
Does anyone have any clue when this race is suppose to take place??? I'm trying to book a trip to surprise my husband for x-mas and some dates would be nice :-/.... any HELP would be GREAT!!!!
ANYBODY!! PLEASE!!!!

Rod Richardson
26th August 2011, 22:51
;) Dear wife,

10 points for being so thoughtful or for being so crafty if you just wanted to get rid of him for a few days.

The event was held in the first weekend in July this year but event dates are not normally approved by the FIM until +- late November.

The operators of the track would be the best bet at this stage. Mugello ticket office is accessed via the following link .. L'autodromo del Mugello (http://www.mugellocircuit.it/en.html) so I suggest you e-mail and ask them about whether they have applied for a particular date.

Another alternative would be to check with the airlines and see whether they have vouchers available for flexible flight dates.

That's about the best I can do for you at this stage.

Now get back in the kitchen :s hock:

NinjaMaster
27th August 2011, 04:15
Does anyone have any clue when this race is suppose to take place??? I'm trying to book a trip to surprise my husband for x-mas and some dates would be nice :-/.... any HELP would be GREAT!!!!
ANYBODY!! PLEASE!!!!

As Rod said, there is no 2012 calendar as yet and it won't be released until later in the year. History of the last 5 years shows Mugello held in late May or early June until this year when it was early July. Either give him a 'voucher' and organise his present later or you'll just have to hang on a bit longer until details are forthcoming. It's a great event and will be an awesome present for him, I'm not half jealous!

Wife of MotoGP Guy
29th August 2011, 23:48
I'll check it out and let you know what I find.... appreciate all the suggestions! Fingers crossed!!

Wife of MotoGP Guy
29th August 2011, 23:54
The trip would be for the both of us... it is in Tuscany after all ;-) and of course I enjoy the races myself! What kind of wife would I be if I didn't take an interest in the one sport my husband is interested in :-)

patnicholls
3rd September 2011, 00:44
On the CRT team front, Colin Edwards today announced he'll be with Forward Racing in MotoGP next year, with probably a Yamaha R1 engine and a chassis to be confirmed (he wants Tech 3 to build one). I know the purists hate the idea, but this is where we're going with full prototypes having got too expensive (electronics in particular) - we need to do this to save MotoGP from extinction, basically (a bit like introducing Moto2 as a single-engine series to ensure survival of the middle class, although I have it on good authority they'll be going multi-engine in 2013).

So: we also have CRT entries for Kiefer (surely a Kalex chassis, and surely Stefan Bradl), Blusens (the last rumour I heard was FTR-Kawasaki, no idea on rider), Marc VDS with a Suter-BMW for either Mika or Scott probably, then Interwetten with something for Thomas Luthi (Moriwaki-Honda, anyone?) and Speed Master getting Andrea Iannone onto the grid on something.

Exciting - and different - times ahead for MotoGP.

chunder27
4th September 2011, 14:26
PLease God let Marques get on the GP grid, if only to make Moto2 mre interesting as right now you might as well give him the trophy and run the race for second as a GP its that predictable

jonny hurlock
4th September 2011, 15:27
On the CRT team front, Colin Edwards today announced he'll be with Forward Racing in MotoGP next year, with probably a Yamaha R1 engine and a chassis to be confirmed (he wants Tech 3 to build one).

Can someone explain the term CRT means? Heard the term at Indy and just before this afternoon race.

Anyway good luck to Edwards at Forward Racing (old Hayate Racing Team who raced Kawasaki in 09) for next season.

jonny hurlock
4th September 2011, 15:34
I found it "Claiming Rule Teams"?! don' worry I know the rules. just the term that got me confused.

preidy15
6th September 2011, 22:23
Dear all, I'm on a similar hunt for 2012 schedule info for Catalunya as I'm trying to plan/book trip to next years gp there. As Rod indicates, the ticket office is a good bet. I was able to get on the email list for the t/o at Catalunya so will get an early crack at non-repeat tickets there. You could also check with local hotels to see if the repeats are booking rooms yet. Could be some on the ground intel. As to flights, that's another story.