PDA

View Full Version : Darlington could be repaved for 2008:

blakebeatty
18th March 2007, 01:39
scary thought

or

a long time coming???

I think that the surface at darlington is a beautiful essence of it's character, but i think that it is getting to the point that it might be too worn... thoughts

dont_be_jack
18th March 2007, 02:08
I think it needs to be repaved because of the fact that once those tires wear out, it's a bit of a boring race. But if you just repave the banking and leave the apron the way it is, that could be interesting and keep some of its character. Drivers won't like the transition, but whatever.

harvick#1
18th March 2007, 02:27
It was a long time coming. once the track starts coming up, its time to repave it. just like Martinsville a year back

call_me_andrew
18th March 2007, 02:32
Could be? I thought this had been in the works for a long time.

I don't think it would make that much difference. I believe it was last paved in 1995.

I think the track should be reconfigured to make the banked portion at least 10 feet wider, and I'd be willing to sacrifice a coupple of degrees to make that happen.

BobbyC
18th March 2007, 03:50
It was but everything was put in jeopardy a few years ago because of the lawsuit.

SmokeFan20
18th March 2007, 05:55
Darlington should be repaved.
If I remember right, a few driver's had their races ruined last year when bits & pieces of the track came up and caved in fenders and knocked off oil belts.

But hopefully when they do repave, they use the same seashell/asphalt mixture like they did last time.