PDA

View Full Version : WRC point score

Coloradoblues
4th April 2011, 15:52
Hi to you all

I'm new here and i first like so say hello to everyone , english isn't my first language therefore sometime i could be a bit confusing for the reeders .

My question is if someone can help me understand the points score system in the WRC , i notice that other than the common awarding points in place there are additional point given to the pilots , for istance Loeb took a win in the penultimate round and got 27 points istead of 25 and is team mate with the latest victory he took 26 points !!!

I'm trying to look around if i find information how those extra points are allocated but with no avail .

Can someone help on this matter ...

Many thanks

Mirek
4th April 2011, 16:06
Welcome to the forum :)

This year they introduced new bonus points for so called Power stage. It's the last stage of the rally which is broadcast live in TV. Top three crews in this stage are given extra points to the overall score (3-2-1).

Coloradoblues
4th April 2011, 17:20
Many thanks Mirek ...my head can stop spinning now

Lucky for whom can follow the rally on tv ... here is the second year around that nothing is broadcast ...only internet is left .

All the best

Mirek
4th April 2011, 17:25
If You follow this forum during the rally, You will almost always find a link to working internet stream ;)

Barreis
4th April 2011, 17:28
It's good this way.

tfp
4th April 2011, 19:46
Hi to you all

I'm new here and i first like so say hello to everyone , english isn't my first language therefore sometime i could be a bit confusing for the reeders .

My question is if someone can help me understand the points score system in the WRC , i notice that other than the common awarding points in place there are additional point given to the pilots , for istance Loeb took a win in the penultimate round and got 27 points istead of 25 and is team mate with the latest victory he took 26 points !!!

I'm trying to look around if i find information how those extra points are allocated but with no avail .

Can someone help on this matter ...

Many thanks

Welcome!
England is my first language but you probably speak it better than me :D
This site is probably more informative than the tv coverage you get anyway, theres always someone at the rally uploading pictures/stage times etc!