PDA

View Full Version : FAIL

Retro Formula 1
4th April 2011, 09:36
Anyone had any personal Fails?

Mine was in Weatherspoons.

Now, I know Weatherspoons has yet to achieve a Michelin Star (or even a Pirelli, Bridgestone or Dunlop one), but they can't even manage to cook a Popadom right.

I got one burned to a crisp and one half raw.

On a culinery front, this is simply a FAIL

Mark
4th April 2011, 09:39
Yes, burned and / or uncooked popadoms seem to be normal in Wetherspoons. However their curry and a pint is very good value!

Brown, Jon Brow
4th April 2011, 10:26
Considering how cheap it is I don't think you can really expect good food at Wetherspoons.

GridGirl
4th April 2011, 10:41
I once put a Cadbury's Crunchie bar in the microwave to melt the chocolate. Sparks promtly flew before it burst into flames after about 5 seconds. I do confess to being around 8 years old at the time and regularly put cutlery in the microwave to which it had never caused me any grief. The explosion came as quite a surprise that you shouldnt put metal in a microwave.

I'm going to a Michelin star restaurant on Friday night and I'm really looking forward to trying the tasting menu. One of my fellow diners doesnt eat fish or vegetables so I have absolutely no idea why I'm getting my hopes up at being able to try it. I do feel getting my hopes up come around 7.30pm on Friday night will be an epic fail on my part. :(

Retro Formula 1
5th April 2011, 15:51
Considering how cheap it is I don't think you can really expect good food at Wetherspoons.

I think if you pay for food, you should expect a adequate quality but if they can't even cook a Popadom......

My partner has a epic FAIL.

She decided to save money on Fuel by cycling to work. Goind down a steep hill and did an emergency stop. Well, the bike did anyway.

Broken jaw, bruised eye socket, 2 broken teeth and a few other ones dislocated. £3k dental work epic FAIL :blackeye:

GridGirl
6th April 2011, 12:03
My partner has a epic FAIL.

She decided to save money on Fuel by cycling to work. Goind down a steep hill and did an emergency stop. Well, the bike did anyway.

Broken jaw, bruised eye socket, 2 broken teeth and a few other ones dislocated. £3k dental work epic FAIL :blackeye:

What on earth did she do or hit and how fast? My most recent bike incident riding down a cycle lane and a car tried to enter the road I was cycling on. All I could see whilst braking hard myself was the cars passenger who was frantically shouting at the driver and waving his arms for him to stop. I fear it may have hurt quite alot and this is the main reason why I much prefer mountain biking.

Robinho
7th April 2011, 10:40
i disagree entirely, you don't pay for food to be crap. Even at modest prices there is a standard to be maintained and it should be at the very least reasonable. don't expect anything special but there is no excuse for turning out bad food when you are paid to provide it.

Mark
7th April 2011, 10:42
To be fair Wetherspoons food is usually good, it's just that they don't know how to cook a popadom, which is surprising as you can buy them pre-cooked and put them straight from the packet to the plate.

Retro Formula 1
8th April 2011, 14:20
Goind down a hill when a car tried to pull in front of her. The car stopped but by then she was over the bars. Fortunatly her chin broke her fall. I forgot to mention about 40 stitches in her chin.

She's not a happy bunny....

Retro Formula 1
8th April 2011, 14:21
To be fair Wetherspoons food is usually good, it's just that they don't know how to cook a popadom, which is surprising as you can buy them pre-cooked and put them straight from the packet to the plate.

Spoons is not too bad but a popadum??? You just flash it for a few seconds.