PDA

View Full Version : Off Topic: My Dad

slorydn1
30th March 2011, 21:25
I really should have put this in Chit Chat, but seeing that this is the forum where I know most of the people and I spend most of my time...........

My father passed away this early this morning. He was 80 years old.

He wasn't much of a race fan, more of a stick and ball guy-that said, whenever I told him I was watching a race he would always ask how Robbie Gordon did-seeing that was his name, too (he went by Bob).

So I lift my glass to my dad :beer:

You are in a much better place now.

MD24
30th March 2011, 21:39
Sorry to hear about your Dad.
My sympathy to you and your Family

Sparky1329
30th March 2011, 22:37
I'm so sorry, slo. My condolences to you and your family. May he rest in peace. :(

Alexamateo
30th March 2011, 23:09
Thoughts and Prayers for you and your family, slo. Even if it's not unexpected, it still doesn't mean it doesn't hurt. Hang in there and know that we are thinking of you.

beachgirl
31st March 2011, 04:09
I'm so sorry to hear about your father. I know how hard it was when I lost mine, my thoughts are with you and your family.

TURN3
31st March 2011, 04:47
Thoughts and prayers are with you slorydn1...very sorry for your loss.

harvick#1
31st March 2011, 06:11
very sorry to hear of your loss Slo, thoughts and prayers for you and your family

race aficionado
1st April 2011, 15:53
I really should have put this in Chit Chat, but seeing that this is the forum where I know most of the people and I spend most of my time...........

My father passed away this early this morning. He was 80 years old.

He wasn't much of a race fan, more of a stick and ball guy-that said, whenever I told him I was watching a race he would always ask how Robbie Gordon did-seeing that was his name, too (he went by Bob).

So I lift my glass to my dad :beer:

You are in a much better place now.

I just read this and I have to respond.

I am with you at this moment of your life and I will also lift a glass for your dad.

I hope he lived a full life.

Rest in peace Bob.

race

markabilly
9th April 2011, 13:58
Sorry to hear.
When things like that happen, it does not seem real.
I am sure you will miss him.
Peace.

tstran17_88
9th April 2011, 16:11
So sorry Slo! :(

Mark in Oshawa
10th April 2011, 08:41
Wow, I really need to get online more often and check the forum's.

Sorry to hear it Slo. I know it has to hurt, but from the sounds of it, your dad was good people. Hope things are looking brighter now a few weeks on...

slorydn1
10th April 2011, 17:03
Thanks to all. Actually, it has been a little easier to deal with than I thought it would be. He had been sick for a while, so it didn't come as a surprise.

My mom is is taking it like a real trooper, so that kinda shows the rest of the family that it's ok to go on and live our lives. She is tough as nails.

We have been spending much of the past week trying to find a dog for my mom. My dad was allergic to dogs and cats, so now that he has passed she really wants a dog. I have a line on a couple of of them if all pans out she'll have one later this week.

My wife and I will be leaving tomorrow for a trip to drop off my dad's truck to my son stationed at Ft Bliss Texas. My dad wanted him to have it, he was so proud that my son is stationed the same place he was at one point early in his Army career. It will be a greuling 4000 miles in 5 days deal that has us getting back here in New Bern late Friday night. No worries tho, the hotels I have reservations with all have wi-fi, so I will still be here handling business :p

But, we really have been doing pretty well, all things considered. I still find myself doing some things almost like he was still here, like "shushing" the kids when they get too loud in the evening then realizing I don't have to do that anymore. Last night when I got home from work I came in the front door and looked down the hall at my parents room, half expecting to see my dad laying there in bed watching MSNBC, only to see an empty bed. Little things like that.

Again, thanks to all....

dunes
9th May 2011, 16:11
condolences and good luck with the puppy hunt as well as the trip.

00steven
6th June 2011, 03:26
Sorry to hear that slorydn1. I am very close to my dad and can only imagine how it must feel. I will keep you, your mom, and the rest of your fam in my thoughts and prayers.