PDA

View Full Version : Overtaking of the race - Australia

N4D13
27th March 2011, 15:22
Which do you think was the best overtaking in the race?

Even though I'd love to give it to Alonso for his move on Kobayashi, I believe that Rubens' pass on two cars at the same time was, at least, classic. At least he's managed to do something great today, as you can't say that he did anything special apart from that.

ioan
27th March 2011, 16:26
Rubens' was a typical case of hero to zero.

markabilly
27th March 2011, 16:34
Best overtaking was when Massa let Fred pass him.
Put a major hurt on Button as now what was he to do?
Let both Fred and Massa pass him or cruise around until he got a penalty?

Hey what happned to the donkey thread?
Must be pino got his feelings hurt about pirrelli, i gues

motetarip
27th March 2011, 17:43
Best overtaking was when Massa let Fred pass him.
Put a major hurt on Button as now what was he to do?
Let both Fred and Massa pass him or cruise around until he got a penalty?

Could Button have faked slowing and pulling to the side under the yellow flags a lap or so later? Presumably only Massa could have legally passed him then.

ioan
27th March 2011, 18:02
Could Button have faked slowing and pulling to the side under the yellow flags a lap or so later? Presumably only Massa could have legally passed him then.

He could have if he would have been smart enough, or at least all his team on the pitwall. Alas it looks like none of them is.

Sonic
27th March 2011, 19:13
He could have if he would have been smart enough, or at least all his team on the pitwall. Alas it looks like none of them is.

Or perhaps just too damn chicken to make their own minds up! Waiting for the FIA to tell you what to do is Bull Cr@p - my five year old knew it was cheating.

Dr. Krogshöj
27th March 2011, 19:16
Or perhaps just too damn chicken to make their own minds up! Waiting for the FIA to tell you what to do is Bull Cr@p - my five year old knew it was cheating.

Spot on, the FIA is not a consulting service, it's a sanctioning body.

christophulus
27th March 2011, 19:36

I laughed when Whitmarsh said after that he hadn't seen the incident, so the BBC pointed him to a large TV with a replay on. Slightly difficult to squirm out of it then!

Sleeper
28th March 2011, 14:13
Rubens on Kobayashi, he came from a long way back for that one. The other car was Schumacher, who was a lap down and getting out of the way.

wedge
28th March 2011, 15:08
I laughed when Whitmarsh said after that he hadn't seen the incident, so the BBC pointed him to a large TV with a replay on. Slightly difficult to squirm out of it then!

As bad as Rob Smedley denying he was relaying team orders to Massa, Whitmarsh was that bad, LOL

steveaki13
28th March 2011, 18:11
Rubens on Kobayashi, he came from a long way back for that one. The other car was Schumacher, who was a lap down and getting out of the way.

Yes that was a great move, just shows Rubens Hero to Zero a few laps later.