PDA

View Full Version : Happy Birthday Danica!

DanicaFan
25th March 2011, 18:56
Today is Danica Patrick's birthday. Here is to a great birthday gift of her winning at St. Pete this weekend.

Have a great B-Day and weekend Danica!

Chris R
25th March 2011, 19:01
Happy Birthday to her - but at 1.2 seconds off the pace I don't think she is getting that particular present this year..... She needs to step up her program on street and road courses (and I think she can - it just seems the many distractions of fame might have slowed her down/changed her focus a bit)....

DanicaFan
25th March 2011, 20:26
Happy Birthday to her - but at 1.2 seconds off the pace I don't think she is getting that particular present this year..... She needs to step up her program on street and road courses (and I think she can - it just seems the many distractions of fame might have slowed her down/changed her focus a bit)....

Dont worry, she stepped it up the 2nd session. She is now on her way to the Firestone Fast 6 tomorrow in the qualifications.

Anubis
25th March 2011, 21:09
Dont worry, she stepped it up the 2nd session. She is now on her way to the Firestone Fast 6 tomorrow in the qualifications.

Where's she watching it?

TURN3
26th March 2011, 00:19
Where's she watching it?

Badabing....Good one Hornet!

BTW...is it Danica's 30th birthday? Time to trade her sorry slow a$$ in for a new model.

DanicaFan
26th March 2011, 00:47
Badabing....Good one Hornet!

BTW...is it Danica's 30th birthday? Time to trade her sorry slow a$$ in for a new model.

Negative, she is 29 and in her prime! She will rock tomorrow during quals!

SarahFan
26th March 2011, 01:10
Rediculousness shouldn't be accepted

TURN3
26th March 2011, 01:42
Negative, she is 29 and in her prime! She will rock tomorrow during quals!

Negative, she sucks and passed her prime years ago. Pretty hard to imagine passing your prime without ever accomplishing a damn thing huh? She'll be running at the back, as usual, hopping some real racers crash out and she gets a Yahtzee on a late yellow to salvage a top 10. I know this for the statistics back up what I say, unlike your ridiculous comments.

TURN3
26th March 2011, 01:44
Rediculousness shouldn't be accepted

I've been pointing this out in private with somebody that should be doing something about it...but won't.

garyshell
26th March 2011, 07:11
I've been pointing this out in private with somebody that should be doing something about it...but won't.

Guys this isn't Crapwagon.com. And there is this great little thing called the "ignore list". You don't want to hear what he has to say? You have no one but yourselves to blame.

Just sayin'...

Gary

Oli_M
26th March 2011, 10:28
Happy Birthday Danica. I hope she has a good weekend. It would be a fantastic birthday present for her if she can take home a top 20 finish. I think looking at practice times that could well be possible this weekend.

TURN3
26th March 2011, 14:37
Guys this isn't Crapwagon.com. And there is this great little thing called the "ignore list". You don't want to hear what he has to say? You have no one but yourselves to blame.

Just sayin'...

Gary

Hey, whatever you've done with Gary....bring him back!

beachbum
26th March 2011, 15:08
Happy Birthday Danica. I hope she has a good weekend. It would be a fantastic birthday present for her if she can take home a top 20 finish. I think looking at practice times that could well be possible this weekend.Watching T & S and Danica is out running alone turning lap after lap in the 1:10 range - the slowest car on track. She comes in (probably to get new tires) and goes out and runs 1 lap in the high 1:03 and pits. She goes out again and its back into 1:11.

That is the conundrum of Danica. She trundles around going slow and then throws down a hot lap or 2 and then goes back to running off the pace. No other driver seems as erratic. Running 7 seconds off the cars capability is just burning fuel.

Hoop-98
26th March 2011, 15:53
You know, the T&S results (http://www.indycar.com:8080/var/assets/indycar-sectionresults-p36.pdf) just don't back up your assessment at all.

1 70.8899
2 67.3040
3 65.0716
4 65.8183
5 435.7250 Pit
6 65.3527
7 169.3234 Yellow
8 281.2723 Pit
9 67.8381
10 732.4995 Pit
11 70.5823
12 64.7461
13 64.1081
14 63.8731
15 64.2428
16 329.4229 Pit
17 71.1121
18 63.8831
19 64.3282
20 384.2201 Pit
21 64.9221
22 64.1601
23Y 69.1664 Yellow

just the facts, no comment on Danica. The conundrum to me on danica is why both sides seem compelled to grossly exaggerate :)

SarahFan
26th March 2011, 16:15
Hey, whatever you've done with Gary....bring him back!

im confused... thats a typical Gary comment

ChicagocrewIRL
26th March 2011, 16:56
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DANICA ! Thanks for bringing attention to our sport. No matter what the haters out there say, you are GOOD for IndyCar.

That being said, major props to DanicaFan for always taking the high road no matter how much you are bated by the kids on here. I don't agree with anything you say but you are classy.

beachbum
26th March 2011, 16:57
just the facts, no comment on Danica. The conundrum to me on danica is why both sides seem compelled to grossly exaggerate :) Not trying to exaggerate, just going off the live timing and scoring as practice was running. Since the actual times from the lap chart doesn't match what was showing on line, I suspect the online T& S was a bit screwed up.

TURN3
26th March 2011, 17:16
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DANICA ! Thanks for bringing attention to our sport. No matter what the haters out there say, you are GOOD for IndyCar.

That being said, major props to DanicaFan for always taking the high road no matter how much you are bated by the kids on here. I don't agree with anything you say but you are classy.

FYI, as far as I'm aware, Indycar TV ratings and empty stands have indicated Danica didn't bring much to Indycar. Now that it is evident she's nothing more than a sideshow, Indycar is making some progress.

ChicagocrewIRL
26th March 2011, 17:42
FYI, as far as I'm aware, Indycar TV ratings and empty stands have indicated Danica didn't bring much to Indycar. Now that it is evident she's nothing more than a sideshow, Indycar is making some progress.

oh grow up.. now I know why I have avoided this forum the past year. Nothing ever changes

TURN3
26th March 2011, 19:57
oh grow up.. now I know why I have avoided this forum the past year. Nothing ever changes

Excuse me? You think I should grow up? Have you looked at the thread description. Should a 30 something year old man be gushing over a 30 year old woman's birthday in a public forum? All I did was point out a fact about an ignorant and uninformed opinion of yours. You can't handle the facts as they are...you grow up.

Now I remember...you're the one that thought Sato was an Asian superman last year. How'd that go anyway?

beachbum
26th March 2011, 20:41
oh grow up.. now I know why I have avoided this forum the past year. Nothing ever changesI might humbly suggest that if you don't like what is being posted here, there are other forums that may be more to your liking.

You are right, nothing much every changes. The polishers still polish, the detractors still bit*h. The only difference is that Indy Car fans probably won't have Danica to talk / complain about next year. The NASCAR fans can deal with the "brand". Most of them have already expressed their opinion.

SoCalPVguy
27th March 2011, 04:35
From ingenue to over the hill in one birthday.

Oh jeeze another year of this crap - I cannot wait until she goes Nascar full time and takes DF with her

SoCalPVguy
27th March 2011, 04:39

Hey foo' can't you read ? Check the Session 3 results - the only way she's gonna see the Fast 6 tomorrow is on TV !!!

Power, Will 01:02.7 103.322
Patrick, Danica 01:03.9 101.451 -1.1564

SoCalPVguy
27th March 2011, 04:47
Unless we start to post a Happy Birthday wish for EVERY Indycar driver at the appropriate date - I feel this is a NON RACING THREAD and should be locked and deleted which is the result I got for the 'all danica all the time thread'

DavePI2
27th March 2011, 04:48
Celebrated her birthday in fine syle at qualifying that's for sure. I will say this for her , she is consistent on road courses.

SoCalPVguy
27th March 2011, 05:28
Yes, Dave - consistently slow !!! I smell a top 17 qualifying effort coming up ... LOLz
Whoops I spoke to soon...
Congratulation danica on your fine 19th place qualifying effort.
PS you're gonna have to explain to your BFF here how you didn't make the Top 6....
Oh well... maybe next time .............. NOT

Dr. Krogshöj
27th March 2011, 06:43
Unless we start to post a Happy Birthday wish for EVERY Indycar driver at the appropriate date - I feel this is a NON RACING THREAD and should be locked and deleted which is the result I got for the 'all danica all the time thread'

I strongly disagree; I wish there were more threads like this. You know by looking at the title that the same old pissing contest between DanicaFan, Turn3 and company will go on here, not in the race threads or other meaningful treads.

TURN3
27th March 2011, 07:26
I strongly disagree; I wish there were more threads like this. You know by looking at the title that the same old pissing contest between DanicaFan, Turn3 and company will go on here, not in the race threads or other meaningful treads.

No, No...it goes on in those meaningful threads too. Seems to be a single common denominator with numerous, numerous forum members eh?

SarahFan
27th March 2011, 15:03
For years we had indycool now we have danicafan

garyshell
27th March 2011, 16:11
For years we had indycool now we have danicafan

Hardly the same thing. Look, I am not defending DF, I can't stand his comments either. Jan, may have had rose colored glasses when it came to TG, but he was hardly the ***** that DF has proved himself to be. But I think it was ridiculous that folks entered a thread that was CLEARLY created by DF and then complained about its content, even going so far as to suggesting he be banned for it. My comment still stands, this is NOT crapwagon where banishments are handed out because of the content of one's opinion.

Gary

DanicaFan
27th March 2011, 16:16
Thanks garyshell. I just pointed out it was her birthday since she is my favorite driver. I wouldnt care if a big fan of any other driver did the same. I would just pop in and say happy birthday to them as well.
No matter what I post, I get bashed for it anyways.

garyshell
27th March 2011, 16:33
Thanks garyshell. I just pointed out it was her birthday since she is my favorite driver. I wouldnt care if a big fan of any other driver did the same. I would just pop in and say happy birthday to them as well.

I am NOT coming to your defense I was coming to Indycool's defense, so don't bother to thank me. I am saying it is ridiculous for folks to complain in a thread you create, no more, no less. I think your constant delusional postings about how great Danica is or how well she will do are even more ridiculous. And I do think it is fine for folks to call you out when you post such drivel in other threads.

Gary

TURN3
27th March 2011, 16:41
I am NOT coming to your defense I was coming to Indycool's defense, so don't bother to thank me. I am saying it is ridiculous for folks to complain in a thread you create, no more, no less. I think your constant delusional postings about how great Danica is or how well she will do are even more ridiculous. And I do think it is fine for folks to call you out when you post such drivel in other threads.

Gary

You're absolutely correct about this Gary. If it were an isolated instance and/or coming from someone without the banter he parades around here all the time, I doubt anybody would've given a 2nd thought. But as it is, we're force fed his crap on this forum constantly and despite all of our pleas and ridiculing of him it just goes on and on. If his rhetoric was realistic and broader than 1 driver, he would be considered a valuable member of the forum like everybody else. At least currently, there are no other examples of this type of behavior on this forum. You mention Indycool, I remember the handle name but not any issues with posts.

TURN3
27th March 2011, 16:47

See response to Gary. You wouldn't get "bashed" if you posted like everybody else around here. Nothing wrong with having a favorite and rooting for them, there isn't anything wrong with having a strong opinion about something either. You obviously just don't get that...but anyway. On to the race. And if we don't see all sorts of gushing over Danica from you today one way or another it would be a refreshing change.

Dr. Krogshöj
27th March 2011, 16:54
I wouldnt care if a big fan of any other driver did the same.

Other drivers don't have obsessed fans. We wouldn't want that. IndyCar would become more like NASCAR, people buying tons of merchandise. Where would it all end?

SarahFan
27th March 2011, 18:23
Everyone else = fans of the sport who independently came here to discuss the teams drivers racers biz and politics surrounding the sport we love

Ic and df = paid posters with an agenda

Dr. Krogshöj
27th March 2011, 18:29
Everyone else = fans of the sport who independently came here to discuss the teams drivers racers biz and politics surrounding the sport we love

Ic and df = paid posters with an agenda

I want to sign up to the paid poster job. How much does it pay?

SarahFan
27th March 2011, 18:45
I want to sign up to the paid poster job. How much does it pay?

Send him/her a pm and ask

SarahFan
27th March 2011, 18:50
Totally 100% completely disagree with point 4 starter

He repapeatedly and systematically ignores and rufuses to discuss and support his opinions

I cam think of nothing more disrespectful on a discussion forum

markabilly
28th March 2011, 13:35
Negative, she is 29 and in her prime! !

I agree. Anything under 45 nowadays looks prime to me..

I wonder if we could get some video of her wearing her birthday suit

Best wishes for a top 55 finish in your next NASCAR race, Mrs DP :D

EagleEye
28th March 2011, 13:55
Thanks garyshell. I just pointed out it was her birthday since she is my favorite driver.

Since when is Danica your favorite driver?

DanicaFan
28th March 2011, 21:17
Since when is Danica your favorite driver?

Just recently EagleEye....LOL

How you been ??

drewdawg727
12th April 2011, 16:25
It's pretty obvious to me that DF posts these things to get a rise out of everyone here, and he is succeeding.
So my suggestion is very elementary - ignore it, and it will most likely stop.

Deep down, he knows that Danica will never qualify in the top 12 on a road course, but the fact that he can repeat such things seems to stir a lot of controversy around here, and the reason why he doesn't defend any of his statements is that simple fact - he wants to create drama.

I don't think there is anyone on this earth dense enough to actually believe anything he says, even himself.

EagleEye
12th April 2011, 17:07
It's pretty obvious to me that DF posts these things to get a rise out of everyone here, and he is succeeding.
So my suggestion is very elementary - ignore it, and it will most likely stop.

Deep down, he knows that Danica will never qualify in the top 12 on a road course, but the fact that he can repeat such things seems to stir a lot of controversy around here, and the reason why he doesn't defend any of his statements is that simple fact - he wants to create drama.

I don't think there is anyone on this earth dense enough to actually believe anything he says, even himself.

Based on how hurt DF has been with others remarks about DP, and how upset he gets when presented facts, it is apparent he suffers from severe myopia. I don't think he does it to get a rise out of people.

Take this past week's race...bottom dwelling lap times, others around her moving towards the front, he proclaims "on the way to victory" based on a tire call to gain track position.

History, according to DF, goes something like this if Danica were involved with the same result:

Danica takes over for Amelia Earhart, and is lost during her last flight. "What a great flight for Danica, despite the result!"

Danica takes the controls of the Hindenburg, while making its final approach in Lakehurst. “Danica did a great job, despite the small fire!”

Danica lines up to kick the go ahead field goal for the Buffalo Bills in Superbowl XXV. “Great kick by Danica, too bad the wind/car/engineer/strategist/haters/other drivers/ made it go wide.”

Danica takes the field late in the World Series game for the Boston Red Sox in 1986 to play first base. “I can’t believe she let the ball go through her legs, but still a great job despite the result!”

While drilling for oil in the Gulf, newly hired BP employee Danica makes a slight mistake. “Danica did great, despite the mess and someday she will be the best driller ever!”

Danica starts the season slow, being in the bottom 1/3 in nearly every session and runs near the tail end of the lead lap for both races. “Great start of the season for Danica, and a win is just around the corner. Hoo-ray!”

And so it goes. Again, great to have such a devoted fan. Painful to watch so much myopia, in one place.

SarahFan
12th April 2011, 19:15
Just to add fuel to the fire, here's the point standings after two races. She is in 16th place out of 26 listed drivers. Behind here are Hunter-Reay, Rahal, Bourdais (multiple AOW series champion) and Briscoe (driving for one of the two best teams in the series).

z

I'll take anyone of those racers v Danica for $50 for final standing

wanna bet?

*obviosly bourdais will have to be ranked only on rc championship

Dr. Krogshöj
12th April 2011, 20:35
Just to add fuel to the fire, here's the point standings after two races. She is in 16th place out of 26 listed drivers. Behind here are Hunter-Reay, Rahal, Bourdais (multiple AOW series champion) and Briscoe (driving for one of the two best teams in the series).

It's not how fast you are, it's where you are when the checkered flag falls. Once again she's ahead of drivers rated much more highly than she. So the facts are working against the hyperbola. And she is a significantly better driver than another female from last year and several of the males this year. Don't let the Danica bashing interfer with objective evaluation.

Having said all that, she's not close to MY favorite - go Simona and Oriol!!

1)Will Power 2)Dario Franchitti 3)Tony Kanaan 4)Scott Dixon 5)Simona de Silvestro 6)Oriol Servia 7)Marco Andretti 8)Takuma Sato 9)Alex Tagliani 10)Vitor Meira 11)Helio Castroneves 12)Raphael Matos 13)J.R. Hildebrand 14)Justin Wilson 15)Charlie Kimball 16)Danica Patrick 17)Ryan Hunter-Reay 18)Sebastian Saavedra 19)James Jakes 20)Graham Rahal 21)Simon Pagenaud 22)Sebastien Bourdais 23)Ryan Briscoe 24)E.J. Viso 25)Mike Conway 26)Ana Beatriz

The standings don't matter to the detractors. For example, in 2009 Danica was 5th in points, the best of the non-Ganassi/Penske drivers, but apparently it was only luck and stragety...

TURN3
12th April 2011, 21:12
The standings don't matter to the detractors. For example, in 2009 Danica was 5th in points, the best of the non-Ganassi/Penske drivers, but apparently it was only luck and stragety...

The fact Danica was able to finish so high in the standing is/was a result of the 1 thing she does acutally do well...finish. When you grade a racer, you hardly grade them on their place in the championship unless they finish 1st. In my opinion, you grade on championships and W's. If you're fighting for W's, your chances of a championship typically are decreased because you're more often on the edge (see Michael Andretti, Paul Tracy, etc.).

If Danica's ability and career are going to be judged by a career best 5th in the championship and 1 win, we don't really have much to discuss. She was also less than a race worth of points out of 10th...and each and every driver 6th through 10th suffered at least 1 mechanical failure through the season...not a single one for her. So before we get on that bandwagon, lets make sure we don't mistake skill and ability with fortune.

Mightyreds
13th April 2011, 03:10
Turn3 has it right. Danica will never be accused of being overly aggressive on the track.

bblocker68
27th April 2011, 18:37
Careful guys, if indycool hears this, he may come back and bring gofastandwynn back with him :)

Jag_Warrior
27th April 2011, 19:08
Careful guys, if indycool hears this, he may come back and bring gofastandwynn back with him :)

What happened to those guys, anyway... TrackForum???

garyshell
27th April 2011, 20:37

I would like to see IC back. I didn't always agree with him, but he was always good to debate with. He got a bit of a bad rap because he worked for the Speedway at one time, and some accused him of being a mouthpiece for King George. I got to know him a bit offline, and don't think that was ever true. I just thing he agreed with TG a bit too much.

Gary

SarahFan
28th April 2011, 15:45
IC was a paid propagandist .....he like another poster on this forum should have been banned years ago

garyshell
28th April 2011, 16:40
IC was a paid propagandist .....he like another poster on this forum should have been banned years ago

Do you have any proof of that claim? Of course you do not. Like I said before he DID at one time work for IMS, and his opinions often parroted the same lines as the ones from King George. And I didn't always agree with him. But his arguments were always reasonable and never personal. (Unlike this attack on his character.) I had an opportunity to talk to him about this very accusation. He assured me, and I have no reason to doubt him, that he was never paid to post on forums. What he said here and elsewhere were his OWN opinions, albeit most of the time similar to the official words from IMS. No harm in someone agreeing with the folks they work for, is there? I didn't agree with many things (hell probably MOST things) he said and we battled out several points on this forum, but I had and continue to have respect for him.

Gary

SarahFan
28th April 2011, 16:42
Believe what you will Gary .... But you can take it too the bank

garyshell
28th April 2011, 16:47
Believe what you will Gary .... But you can take it too the bank

Prove it. You are so quick to run off at the mouth making some pretty serious claims about someone's veracity and yet have nothing to show for it. He personally told me he was never paid to post on forums. He said he was a paid employee at one time (but not BTW the entire time he was on here), but was NOT paid for what you accuse him off. Where is your PROOF? The only thing I can take to the bank is that you have no proof.

Gary

SarahFan
28th April 2011, 16:54
Like I said Gary you are welcome to believe what let's you sleep well at night....

garyshell
28th April 2011, 16:58
Like I said Gary you are welcome to believe what let's you sleep well at night....

In other words, you have nothing to back up serious allegations against someone who is no longer here to defend themselves. Classy. Real classy. But not surprising.

Gary

SarahFan
28th April 2011, 17:57
Oh Please Gary..... Are you suggesting I didn't make te very same allegation directed straight at him when he was here?

I did in fact dozens of times..... Take a wag at how many times he denied it?

Do I have a contract and paystub to post to back it up? No

But this ow racing community just isn't that big

Have a nice nap this afternoon

garyshell
28th April 2011, 18:30
He denied being paid to post here, and after he was no longer on the IMS payroll, he denied being paid by them.

Gary

SarahFan
28th April 2011, 18:48
I'm guessing you would have trouble proving that

downtowndeco
28th April 2011, 19:39
I think the issue here is some people, no matter how many times they've been proven wrong in the past, simply cannot fathom that someone else may have a different opinion than themselves. They can't comprehend it, it's beyond them. If that shoe fits you, wear it. If not, ignore.

SarahFan
28th April 2011, 20:15
Some of us q tuly attend and watch the races

Which are you

downtowndeco
29th April 2011, 16:22
Like I said, if the shoe fits....

And just for the record, one last time. While I watch every race, for personal reaons I have not had a chance to attend an OW race since CART raced at LB. How that is any of your concern I have no idea. Again, enough with the personal attacks and jabs, as someone already stated, this is not CW.

Some of us q tuly attend and watch the races

Which are you

SarahFan
29th April 2011, 21:31
Personal?

Posting history is only a click away.....and you follow me and a couple other posters around like a school girl on myspace...

Try tuning in this weekend and commenting on a team a racer or something that actually happens on the racetrack

Or better yet just click the ignore button