PDA

View Full Version : Firefox 4 problems with the Forum.

bblocker68
22nd March 2011, 17:12
He guys, just wanted to give a shout. Firefox 4 (brand new) is loading the headers properly, but the thread listings start to the extreme right, causing the pages to be "double-wide". You have to scroll all the over to the right to read the threads.

The main forum is fine, but the problem occurs when you go into a sub-forum, like this one.

Maybe it's my new installation, but figured I'd point it out.

Thanks!!

Valve Bounce
22nd March 2011, 23:52
He guys, just wanted to give a shout. Firefox 4 (brand new) is loading the headers properly, but the thread listings start to the extreme right, causing the pages to be "double-wide". You have to scroll all the over to the right to read the threads.

The main forum is fine, but the problem occurs when you go into a sub-forum, like this one.

Maybe it's my new installation, but figured I'd point it out.

Thanks!!

I had to switch to IE, not my favorite browser. :( Somebody fixed a really good forum format!!

gloomyDAY
23rd March 2011, 02:35
http://www.motorsportforums.com/forums/showthread.php?141551-Is-it-just-me-or....

I don't think the problem will be addressed. May just be an issue with the Beta version of Firefox.

cali
23rd March 2011, 06:24
http://www.motorsportforums.com/forums/showthread.php?141551-Is-it-just-me-or....

I don't think the problem will be addressed. May just be an issue with the Beta version of Firefox.

I've got now the Firefox 4 official release and it is still the same

Valve Bounce
23rd March 2011, 07:42
Most of these issues can be partially resolved using IE, but it's not the same friendly forum format we used to have :(

cali
23rd March 2011, 08:25
Well, I'm currently forced to use Opera to browse this forum. Haven't liked IE at all, though IE9 is pretty OK now

Mark
23rd March 2011, 09:03
I'm still looking for a solution, the trouble is you fix it on FF and it breaks elsewhere..

BDunnell
23rd March 2011, 20:32
I've got now the Firefox 4 official release and it is still the same

Indeed, same for me too. And Facebook doesn't work normally, but that's another matter.

bblocker68
23rd March 2011, 21:55
Thanks in advance, Mark! I'll look on my end to see if there is anything I can do on my client end.

Daniel
23rd March 2011, 22:41
ie9 here and everything works just fine :p

pino
24th March 2011, 07:17

Can you give us more details about it ? (maybe Chit Chat not here) ;) as I am considering to upgrade from ie8 and btw I am fine with Explorer so I don't understand why people don't want to use it :confused:

martinbalmer
24th March 2011, 08:08
It works on FF3 by the looks of it :p Actually, I tried it when this thread originally appeared with all the browsers I had on the computer and it worked fine with them. FF4 wasn't amongst that collection though...

Personally I prefer IE :p

Dave B
24th March 2011, 09:21
I've tried the forum with IE8, IE9 and FF3, all of which work fine. It also appears correctly in my mobile browser, which I think is a custom version of Safari.

Another vote for IE9 :up:

cali
24th March 2011, 10:12
I've tried the forum with IE8, IE9 and FF3, all of which work fine. It also appears correctly in my mobile browser, which I think is a custom version of Safari.

Another vote for IE9 :up:

Works fine with Opera 11.01 and Chrome 10 too. But I must say that IE9 is the first IE that i actually like, though I'm still not using it very often - UI too unconvenient for me.

29th March 2011, 06:27
I use FF3 and it works very nice. But i have heard about this problem in FF4 i will upload this version and will check it out and provide some good solution.

Valve Bounce
1st April 2011, 01:44

Well, mine is not OK anymore!!!!!!!!!!!!! :( I cannot find anywhere to log in at the top right hand corner, and the only way I can log in is try to post a new thread, then log in. Why on earth did the old forum format get fixed?

Steve Boyd
3rd April 2011, 18:21
I had that problem in IE7 & eventually discovered that you could scroll right & the login boxes were at the top alongside the top banner (rather than overlayed). Changing the forum display using the scroll down box at the bottom left of the page to BTCCPages, AutoRacing1 or the Motor Sport Forums Alternative solved the problem. Installing IE8 fixed it so that the boxes were back in their normal place with all forum displays. Can't try IE9 - it doesn't run with XP!!

6th April 2011, 05:53
I use FF3 and Chrome and it works fine in both the browsers.

Mark
6th April 2011, 08:30
I've removed the header graphic, can anyone tell me if that's made any difference? I haven't got FF4 and can't install it here as I need FF3!

pino
6th April 2011, 08:57
Well, mine is not OK anymore!!!!!!!!!!!!! :( I cannot find anywhere to log in at the top right hand corner, and the only way I can log in is try to post a new thread, then log in. Why on earth did the old forum format get fixed?

Valve mate, once you're logged in why don't you add the link into your favourite, then move it to your screen so you have the forum icon to click when ever you want to get here ? :)

cali
6th April 2011, 10:18
I've removed the header graphic, can anyone tell me if that's made any difference? I haven't got FF4 and can't install it here as I need FF3!

Sorry Mark, it's still the same in FF4

Mark
6th April 2011, 11:16
Does it also break if you choose the 'Red' forum style?

Alfa Fan
6th April 2011, 11:18
Yes.

Dave B
6th April 2011, 12:30
Ew. Just for poops and giggles I "upgraded" to FF4 and it's horrible. Here's a screenshot of chit-chat as rendered by FF4:

http://www.daveb.comyr.com/forum/forum-ff4.JPG

Not good. Back to IE9 for me.

Alfa Fan
6th April 2011, 12:34
Yep thats what it does on FF 4 for everyone now. Apart from the seeming incompatibility with vBulletin, the actual browsers great with everything else. Couldn't go back to FF3 or even IE9.

Dave B
6th April 2011, 13:24
I've just tried it for about an hour on various sites, and it's definately slower than IE9. Not much, but it's certainly noticable.

christophulus
6th April 2011, 18:53
Seems to be fixed for me now!

cali
6th April 2011, 21:23
In Pinguy OS using FF4 it seems to be fixed now. I'll try tomorrow at my work using W7 and FF4.

tmx
7th April 2011, 02:03
Thank you very much for fixing the bug.

cali
7th April 2011, 08:25
Everything is OK now. Thanks Mark!

BDunnell
7th April 2011, 14:55
Yes, thanks! OK for me also.

wedge
15th April 2011, 14:50
Opera

Mozilla is over rated.

Valve Bounce
18th April 2011, 02:44
Valve mate, once you're logged in why don't you add the link into your favourite, then move it to your screen so you have the forum icon to click when ever you want to get here ? :)

pino, mate, I have had the forum link on my favorites for 10 years already. The problem happens when I clean the hard drive with CCleaner, I have to log on again. Then there was nowhere on the page to log in. :( I think Mark may have fixed it now, so I'll check it out.

Another problem cropped up: I could not check my pickems using FF4, the pickems China GP results only last for two seconds, then the page disappears.
I have to use IE to check my pickems.

To add insult to injury, I was in hospital last friday week, and could not do my pickems. I rang my better half to help out to post my selections, but she refused point blank as it had something to do with motor racing. :(

Valve Bounce
18th April 2011, 02:59
It's fixed now :up: Mark has done a superb job!!!!

Daniel
18th April 2011, 03:51
pino, mate, I have had the forum link on my favorites for 10 years already. The problem happens when I clean the hard drive with CCleaner, I have to log on again. Then there was nowhere on the page to log in. :( I think Mark may have fixed it now, so I'll check it out.

Stop installing crap on your PC!!!!!!

Valve Bounce
18th April 2011, 05:16
Stop installing crap on your PC!!!!!!

Hey!!! I asked you ages ago, and you said that CCleaner was OK!

Mark
18th April 2011, 12:25
It's fixed now :up: Mark has done a superb job!!!!

Pickems? I did nothing...

Valve Bounce
19th April 2011, 05:59
Pickems? I did nothing...

Mark, you are not going to believe this. The logging in problem that was fixed on FF4 which is now fixed? well now I cannot log on with IE - there is no log in facility at the top right hand corner. It will pop up momentarily for anout half a second when I try to post a thread, then I get the full box for logging in at the middle of the page.

This is really weird.

Steve Boyd
19th April 2011, 20:31
If you're using IE7 scroll right - for some reason IE7 places the login & other links that should be in the top right hand corner to the right of the banner making the page nearly twice as wide as it should be. The other solution is do what I did & use IE8 instead!