PDA

View Full Version : Chandok confirmed as Lotus reserve

RS
22nd March 2011, 10:05
http://www.gpupdate.net/en/f1-news/255096/lotus-confirms-chandhok-as-reserve-driver/

Good to see Karun getting a role but how many 'reserves' 'third' and 'test' drivers does one team need?! Not quite sure what Razia's third driver role actually means?

Pity that there is no in season testing now and the other drivers basically have an empty role for the rest of the year.

driveace
22nd March 2011, 11:32
Glad to see that he acctually now has a part to play in F1,as he is a nice guy,BUT how much is it costing him?

maximilian
22nd March 2011, 11:45
Long overdue announcement.

I wonder whether the deal might include a one-off in a race seat at the Indian GP? Maybe that's what took so long to negotiate...

Sonic
22nd March 2011, 19:32
^^^

Doubt it. He may get Friday running at home but otherwise it will take injury or Trulli getting Peed off and walking away to get K in the car for a race.

DazzlaF1
22nd March 2011, 21:21
^^^

Doubt it. He may get Friday running at home but otherwise it will take injury or Trulli getting Peed off and walking away to get K in the car for a race.

Whichever way, after that announcement, I think Chandhok might have just got himself a race drive with them for 2012 alongside Heikki

As for Friday practice, he will be driving in FP1 in Australia according to 5live's twitter feed

jens
25th March 2011, 15:57
I don't think Chandhok is good enough to get a race seat. If Lotus sucks again, Trulli will voluntarily walk after this season. Then what? I think Lotus could get their eye on Glock after that, who could get frustrated with even a worse Virgin. Even Hülkenberg is available, if the guy doesn't somehow get a race seat in a better team. Or someone, who might shine in the GP2 season (Bianchi? Grosjean?).

gloomyDAY
26th March 2011, 17:11
Karun did an excellent job during practice...

...of making me laugh! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42NDFJJDvQY)

Storm
28th March 2011, 04:23
^Indeed. :(

Although it looked something could have made him spin off... rear suspension?