PDA

View Full Version : My report from todays GP2 Asia sprint race at Imola.

onthelimiter
20th March 2011, 22:10
i know it wasn't easy to find somewhere to watch the race today so though i'd post a link to my report.

http://onthelimiter.blogspot.com/2011/03/clos-takes-victory-but-grosjean-is.html

feedback is welcome :)

onthelimiter
22nd March 2011, 19:43
So who do you think will win this years GP2 main series? im hoping Swedish driver Marcus ericsson will win. he won the formula bmw uk championhip with the team i was working in back in 2007.

Nikki Katz
7th April 2011, 22:23
It was hard to watch the last races as Eurosport covered it so badly - the races were broadcast first thing in the morning a day or two after they took placed, and condensed into half an hour. In the case of the first race, they just played the first half hour then skipped to the last lap. Great! The commentator was also awful, he didn't appear to know anything about any of the drivers, left lots of dead air gaps and sounded asleep when he did speak. The Motors TV coverage is good but I forgot to watch it as it was broadcast a full fortnight after it took place.

I hope they get better for the main season!

Anyway, I imagine that the title will be between Grosjean and Bianchi.

MikeD
22nd April 2011, 11:43
Anyway, I imagine that the title will be between Grosjean and Bianchi.

I agree. I don't see any of the other drivers having the talent to fight with these two. But I will bet on Grosjean over Bianchi. In my book Grosjean is the most underated GP2 driver ever.

The weirdest lineup is clearly the one from Rapax. They are reigning champions and apparantly weren't able to attract better drivers than Leimer and Leal. I think it will be a tough year for them.

Carlin was a surprising dissapointment in the 4 races in GP2 Asia and they need to improve to their normal level from other categories.

Team AirAsia did very well in GP2 Asia and they could be race winners (most likely in the sprint races) with Valsecchi and Razia.

I expect iSport and Lotus ART to fight for the Team's title with DAMS as outsiders. I am a little worried that Varhaug isn't good enough to collect the needed points alongside Grosjean to help DAMS for that title.