PDA

View Full Version : who would be?Massa OR Raikkonen???

DimitraF1
16th March 2007, 16:15
After the first tests of friday Ferrari is the best team out there..
I think that they are on their own class , it reminds me the 2002-2004 period.
Or is just a friday testing? is mclaren and renault close? i doubt...

So who would be the winner?
Will Felippe give his teammate the win or he will just push to the limits as always to win this race?

Will kimi show to felipe who is the Boss in the team now?

we will find out soon,but for me is very interesting to see after the pit stops in the race, if massa is leading,with kimi second,if team orders are used... After all if they chose Massa to be the 1st driver in the team,why taking kimi and give all that millions?

Juppe
16th March 2007, 16:50

Will Felippe give his teammate the win or he will just push to the limits as always to win this race?

we will find out soon,but for me is very interesting to see after the pit stops in the race, if massa is leading,with kimi second,if team orders are used... After all if they chose Massa to be the 1st driver in the team,why taking kimi and give all that millions?

That is not decided by the first race, but now is the time for Massa to make points gap to Kimi, when he is still new to the team.

If Kimi is as fast or faster than Massa in his first race, it will not spell good for Massa's title hopes.

Ian McC
16th March 2007, 17:20
It seems too close to call, I still think Kimi's class will show through.

DimitraF1
16th March 2007, 19:01
who thinks ferrari will not win? reliability is not sure for anyone but i think mclaren have more to worry about..

F1boat
16th March 2007, 19:04
For the Pole, Massa, for the Race, it'll be quite close, IMO.

futuretiger9
16th March 2007, 20:27
Massa may have the edge for the first few races, as a carry-over from the end of the 2006 season. Kimi may take a while to get his feet under the table, but will surely come on stronger as the season progresses. He's simply too fast and talented not to.

truefan72
16th March 2007, 21:11
To be honest, I think that Kimi and Massa will fight for the championship this year

davidalbert
16th March 2007, 21:52
I think that Massa has his best chance this year to win the title as it will take time for kimi to settle in. Kimi could through it to the wall as he comes to terms with a new car and team if things don't go his way,as i feel that he spits the dummy.
I think that Alonso will be Massa's biggest challenger as he has the talent, as long as the new mac is reliable.

Jefe Máximo
16th March 2007, 21:58
Rakka. ;)

DimitraF1
16th March 2007, 22:54
i am a ferrari fan but is not the same without schumacher..
i feel cold this year...

raikk
17th March 2007, 00:32

lol It's only Friday testing.. I wouldn't say Ferrari have dominated.. Practice #1 Alonso was first.. we cant draw any conclusions until about 4 or 5 races inot the season...

jjanicke
17th March 2007, 02:53
For the Pole, Massa, for the Race, it'll be quite close, IMO.

Kimi is a qualy king. Why do you say Massa for pole? (just asking)

i am a ferrari fan but is not the same without schumacher..
i feel cold this year...

Perhaps because Kimi, the Iceman, is there to take down some records. :)

lol It's only Friday testing.. I wouldn't say Ferrari have dominated.. Practice #1 Alonso was first.. we cant draw any conclusions until about 4 or 5 races inot the season...

Very true. But what are your thoughts at P3 with Kimi ontop, by a nice little chunk?

GO Kimi!!!!

jens
17th March 2007, 05:07
Sad that in Australia we won't see a battle between Felipe and Kimi that I was waiting for... But Ferrari is clearly the car to beat and we probably will see some close racing in future.

Interesting to see, what can Felipe do from P16. He will probably go for a one-stopper. If nothing happens, he will probably score points, but how many? And might he be able to challenge even for podium?

F1boat
17th March 2007, 07:03
Well, in the morning free practice Kimi was faster, so all these people who said that Kimi is hiding till real racing begins are probably right.

COD
17th March 2007, 14:54
Yeh, Kimi let Massa shine on thesting. Now that it's THE REAL THING, he shows how's the man :up:

Ian McC
17th March 2007, 15:59
He will probably go for a one-stopper.

I wonder how realistic a one stopper is going to be this year with the requirement to use both types of tyre in the race.

Tazio
17th March 2007, 16:41
I wonder how realistic a one stopper is going to be this year with the requirement to use both types of tyre in the race.
Excellent point! The only way that Massa could realistically pull of a one stopper is if he starts off on the hard compound. Depending on his relative position, they could switch strategy to a two stopper (if only Ross was their) for that matter he could start a two stopper on hards and play it conservative until the field spreads out, carefully collecting points!
Now, I don't know what the strategy is! But if Kimi was in the same position, he (having his own way) definitely would do a two, start on soft, and make a run for the front in the first 3 laps!

andreag
17th March 2007, 18:55
I don't think they can go for one stop. The harder of the two compounds selected for Melborne is the medium one. The softer is too soft to last 20 laps, and some teams detected graining on this compound in long stints. So going for one stop will force to a stint with the harder one of more than 35 laps.

Melbourne is very sensitive to fuel weight, so a car carrying so much would be too slow.

Apart from this, the difference in lap times from one compound to the other has been smaller than expected (less than .5 secs per lap), not enough to show a clear advantage in a busy track (starting from P16).

My bet is he will go for two stops, and the softer compound will be on the second stint (and maybe also on the first one).

ATF
17th March 2007, 20:33
From the past few years, I'm so used to Kimi leading then having a mechanical problem - I'm just praying that's over now he's left McLaren, hopefully he will win tomorrow.

DimitraF1
18th March 2007, 00:27
lets cross our fingers for kimi.. i hope alonso have the same luck that kimi faces the previews years...