PDA

View Full Version : Mid Ohio Sold

garyshell
3rd March 2011, 02:58
http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2011/Mar/110302midohio.htm

INDIANAPOLIS, March 2, 2011 - Green Savoree Racing Promotions, through newly formed, wholly owned subsidiary Green Savoree Mid-Ohio, LLC, has purchased Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course and The Mid-Ohio School from Dublin, Ohio-based TrueSports, Inc.

More details in the link.

Gary

garyshell
3rd March 2011, 03:06
Confirmed in the Columbus Dispatch.

http://www.dispatch.com/live/content/sports/stories/2011/03/02/0302-mid-ohio-sold.html?sid=101

Gary

Dr. Krogshöj
3rd March 2011, 12:46
Great news. Mid-Ohio is one of my favourite circuits and its IndyCar future now seems secure.

MDS
3rd March 2011, 14:59
And say goodbye to racing at Burke Lakefront Airport

Dr. Krogshöj
3rd March 2011, 16:19

We probably can, but I don't think it's because of Mid-Ohio. From what I recently read, Cleveland was hit very hard by the recession. I doubt Lanigan can raise enough corporate support for the race.

Mark in Oshawa
3rd March 2011, 18:52

We said good bye to it a few years back....it is not coming back regardless.

Mid Ohio is a pretty famous track in US road racing, it is good to see it in good hands and a IRL venue...

dataman1
4th March 2011, 14:26
I fully agree. IMO that is a bad thing. Good hotels, great bars, night life and fantastic racing with great fan visibility. Try to find any of that in Lexington which boasts, camping, cooking on a grill, single file racing and limited sight lines. Different strokes for different folks.

nigelred5
4th March 2011, 17:37
Starter, I have to say I'm probably one of the few fans that agree with you on MO. I have never enjoyed watching races from there.

booger
4th March 2011, 18:11
At least there won't be a new suburb where MidO used to be.

garyshell
4th March 2011, 19:15
As much as I love MidOhio, I will be the first to agree it is a tad narrow for an open wheel race, but I most TOTALLY disagree about ALMS. It is plenty wide enough for fendered cars. I have seen lots of two wide racing off the end of the back straight all the way thru the esses.

Gary

mike15
9th March 2011, 17:28
I was at the Indycar Mid-Ohio race last year. It was a father and son day introducing my 4 year old grandsons to the real race cars grandpa has collected. It was fun but the reality is Indycars at Mid-Ohio has never been much of a race. The campers of course will disagree but Cleveland is a much better weekend and race.

MDS
9th March 2011, 17:59
At least there won't be a new suburb where MidO used to be.

I think the "Obama Recovery" took care of that for the next decade or so.