PDA

View Full Version : a sheila to run the f1 show ?

CNR
2nd March 2011, 06:10
An Australian woman is shaping up as a possible successor to Formula One boss Bernie Ecclestone
http://www.foxsports.com.au/motor-sports/formula-one/an-australian-woman-is-shaping-up-as-a-likely-successor-to-formula-one-boss-bernie-ecclestone/story-e6frf3zl-1226014747305

Formula One boss Bernie Ecclestone has given his biggest hint yet that he may move aside - and it could be an Australian woman who fills his shoes.

Ecclestone suggested on Monday that a woman will take control of Formula One "probably in three-five years".

While he’s always said he would never retire, at 81, Ecclestone must be thinking of slowing down. His comments in the interview suggest that a successor is already being groomed.

SPEED has listed world motorsport’s most powerful women, both from the Federation Internationale de L’Automobile (FIA), and from within Ecclestone's own Formula One Holdings entity in an attempt to determine who might lead Formula One in a post-Bernie era.

ShiftingGears
2nd March 2011, 07:05
Probably not. But he generated a headline, so job done.

UltimateDanGTR
2nd March 2011, 20:37
there have been several people rumoured to be Bernie's replacement in the last few years, including the bloke who runs the 02 I believe.

And ofcourse, none of us know what or who bernie has up his sleeve...

Garry Walker
2nd March 2011, 21:09
Bernie gets in the news again, feminists are happy, who wins? Bernie.

Garry Walker
2nd March 2011, 21:10
Having looked at that pic now, my god, she is ugly. Have some supermodel run the show or something

ioan
2nd March 2011, 21:47
Having looked at that pic now, my god, she is ugly. Have some supermodel run the show or something

I was going to ask if that's really a woman. :\

gloomyDAY
2nd March 2011, 22:45

I was going to ask if that's really a woman. :\ lmao!

Bernie once stated, "You know I've got one of those wonderful ideas ... women should be dressed in white like all the other domestic appliances." :up:

Garry Walker
2nd March 2011, 23:00
Indeed, I myself wondered if there might pop out a dick if she/he took off her/his pants. Wouldnt surprise me at all.

Where is the vomit smile, btw?

Hawkmoon
3rd March 2011, 02:41
Where is the vomit smile, btw?

Enough of these :beer: and you won't need that one.

ShiftingGears
3rd March 2011, 07:53
I honestly don't care what anyone running F1 looks like or what gender they are, so long as they do their job better than anyone else.

SGWilko
3rd March 2011, 12:21

Pretty is seldom also clever - case in point; look at the two 'astro physicists' having lunch posted elsewhere on this forum recently... :laugh:

Dave B
3rd March 2011, 12:25

Can you two hear yourselves? You're seriously judging her ability by how she looks? Christian Horner or Luca di Montezemolo - to give just two examples - aren't exactly hunks but nobody says anything - why do different rules apply to women? :s

ioan
3rd March 2011, 12:50
Can you two hear yourselves? You're seriously judging her ability by how she looks? Christian Horner or Luca di Montezemolo - to give just two examples - aren't exactly hunks but nobody says anything - why do different rules apply to women? :s

No need to be so grumpy.

HoldenCaulfield
3rd March 2011, 14:05

This forum is basically occupied by feeble minded tools (as exhibited by this thread title) which is why in the last 9 years my visits have dropped from daily to barely weekly/monthly
I don't know if its motorsports in general or just this forum that attracts the cream of the Daily Mail Online comments section. Anyway its helpful if your mates with the mods, then you can spout any kind of offensive brain fart and nobody bats an eyelid.

SGWilko
3rd March 2011, 14:52
This forum is basically occupied by feeble minded tools (as exhibited by this thread title) which is why in the last 9 years my visits have dropped from daily to barely weekly/monthly
I don't know if its motorsports in general or just this forum that attracts the cream of the Daily Mail Online comments section. Anyway its helpful if your mates with the mods, then you can spout any kind of offensive brain fart and nobody bats an eyelid.

And those who appear to lack a SOH?

As to the thread title, the woman in question being Astralian, I believe the Australians often refer to the female of their species as 'Sheila's'. Anyway, I saw the funny side.......

schmenke
3rd March 2011, 15:10
Bernie gets in the news again,....

Indeed. Bernie farts and it makes the news.

SGWilko
3rd March 2011, 15:11
Indeed. Bernie farts and it makes the news.

...gets front page if he avoids the follow through these days..........

SGWilko
3rd March 2011, 15:13

I can't see where you put vitriol in. You need to edit your edit comment. (see post #14)

Koz
3rd March 2011, 18:42
I hope Bernie is succeeded by his daughter (http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_AcBUSVxs82w/SwqFyYSDn5I/AAAAAAAAWms/7JRfDKlgN_M/s1600/Sexy_Tamara_Ecclestone.jpg).

Luca has panache and awesome suits.
Horner has... well he at least looks like a man (though probably less manly than the lady in the picture).

Garry Walker
3rd March 2011, 19:23
Enough of these :beer: and you won't need that one.I dont like beer.

1) I never judged her ability to do the job, I just said that she is ugly like hell.
2) Stop taking things so seriously

Judging from the quality of your post, I can safely say that you not posting has not caused this forum any loss.

Luca has panache and awesome suits.
Horner has... well he at least looks like a man (though probably less manly than the lady in the picture).

Now now, be careful, the feminist police will defecate in your mouth for that comment.

gloomyDAY
3rd March 2011, 19:38
I dont like beer.Pussy. Sure that isn't you in the picture?

Garry Walker
3rd March 2011, 20:43
Pussy. Sure that isn't you in the picture?

:D

I prefer quality drinks like Vodka or Brandy.

Mark
4th March 2011, 08:56

Strange, in 9 years you've posted a sum total of 16 times? Oh wait you joined in June 2009. There are not 9 years between 2009 and 2011, so something is wrong here?

Anyway yes, this thread is stupid, I'll give you that! But the season "Sheila" is mentioned is that it's Australian slang for woman and the woman in question is supposed to be Australian, simple as that.

PS. I like that you edited your post with "Reason: added vitriol", nice :D

CNR
4th March 2011, 10:58
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Holden%20Caulfield

to 'pull a Holden Caulfield' is to go on a trip with no real aim in mind; a day trip (or night trip) that is completely reliant on one's stream of consciousness; based on Holden Caulfield's random journey through New York from J. D. Salinger's novel, "The Catcher in the Rye."

We had no idea what we wanted to do or where we wanted to go, so we pulled a Holden Caulfield and rambled around for a while.

i hope that this is not insulting a member

CLF66
4th March 2011, 16:48
As long as she's dedicated and a strong leader i wish her the best in the race for what has got to be one of the best jobs in the world!

Tazio
4th March 2011, 17:34
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Holden%20Caulfield

i hope that this is not insulting a member No it's not! If you have read "Catcher in the Rye" you have exposed someone who has an over inflated opinion of his self worth, or someone with a clever sense of humor.
In the States that J.D. Salinger book is required reading in high school; at least it used to be