PDA

View Full Version : Kanaan out at De Ferran Dragon racing

DBell
23rd February 2011, 17:22
Tony kanaan is out of a drive due to lack of sponsorship. Sad to see another quality driver unable to secure a full time drive. He says he has some money, but not enough for a full season. Looks like part time somewhere, if we see him at all, unless he finds more money soon.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/89628

EagleEye
23rd February 2011, 19:04
They are short on funds, so they might opt out, or be a part time rent a ride.

TK's options:

-Penske Racing absorbs De Ferran/TK

RP can make anything happen, and has been getting a bit of funding here an there. Again, TK's long time engineer is with the team, and they could get up top speed quick.

-DR

Teamed with Wilson, this would be their best effort yet. Not sure if they have enought to grab TK....

-NH

The team had talked to him, and their plans are still up in the air for the season.

-Coyne

IF, the SB deal falls through (actually looking like it may happen, but..) he could make a play for TK, for the season. It would depend on who would be engineering the car....

dataman1
24th February 2011, 17:33
Surprised that 2 brazillian drivers (DeFerran & Kanaan), famous in their country's motorsports, could not come up with enough money from their homeland.

jwhite9185
24th February 2011, 18:28
If TK is too picky, he could be on the outside looking in. I know he wants to be paid what HE thinks he's worth. My personal opinion is that his "sell by" date is close if not already past. We could very well see him becoming another PT always shopping for a ride.

The 1st thought i had (and i feel the same about Wheldon) is that if he wants to drive that badly, he would do it for winnings only. When daMatta, Servia, Wilson etc drove for DCR im pretty sure they took a pay cut to go there - because they wanted to drive. Chances are these guys arent short of a few $$$ so its not like they are in desperate need of the money!

anthonyvop
24th February 2011, 19:31
De Ferran Dragon scheduled for latter today....Rumor is the news isn't good. Hope the rumor is false...Gil is one of the real good guys.

garyshell
24th February 2011, 20:11
De Ferran Dragon scheduled for latter today....Rumor is the news isn't good. Hope the rumor is false...Gil is one of the real good guys.

On THAT we can whole heartedly agree.

Gary

anthonyvop
24th February 2011, 22:12
Damn

curtcavin

After confirming parting with @tonykanaan, de Ferran said: "It is unlikely that we will participate in the 2011 Izod #IndyCar Series." half a minute ago via web

http://twitter.com/curtcavin