PDA

View Full Version : DHL and RHR sign multi-year deal

MDS
22nd February 2011, 15:31
I was going to put this in the silly season thread, but big news, a Fortune 500 International shipping company signed to sponsor Ryan Hunter Reay. This is crazy good for the sport.

Here's press release from Andretti's Website, his other co-primary is going to be a brand from the Dr. Pepper Snapple group, probably Sun Drop because they're doing a big push around that drink now, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Dr. Pepper show up on the car for a race or two, maybe the ones in Canada.

Feb. 22, 2011 – DHL, the world’s leading logistics company, announced today it signed a multi-year sponsorship agreement with Andretti Autosport, a winning IZOD IndyCar Series team owned by Michael Andretti. As the Official Shipping and Logistics sponsor of Andretti Autosport, DHL will serve as a co-primary sponsor of the new car driven by Ryan Hunter-Reay and as an associate sponsor for the car driven by the team’s newest member, Mike Conway.
Hunter-Reay will be starting his second season with Andretti Autosport as he gets behind the wheel of the team’s new DHL entry. Coming off a breakthrough year that saw him win the Grand Prix of Long Beach, Hunter-Reay finished a career-best seventh in the IZOD IndyCar Series standings. Conway, who launched his IZOD IndyCar Series career in 2009 after building a strong resume in Europe, was signed to the team’s roster on February 1.

garyshell
22nd February 2011, 16:08
Queue anthony to swing in here and tell us all how bad this is for the series. Let the anti-spin begin.

Gary

bblocker68
22nd February 2011, 17:59
Good to see DHL back on a car again. Last time we saw them was with Rocketsports, when Timo Glock was driving for Gentilozzi. They'll be an associate sponsor on Conway's car, too.

jwhite9185
22nd February 2011, 18:23
Hope the paint scheme is better than on the Rocketsports car

ykiki
22nd February 2011, 18:26
I would expect to see a yellow car, since yellow is the background color for both DHL and Sun Drop.

anthonyvop
22nd February 2011, 18:34
Queue anthony to swing in here and tell us all how bad this is for the series. Let the anti-spin begin.

Gary

Ahhhhh......Lets have some fun.

Good for Ryan, Good for AA and Good for the ICS.

So now next time I am critical of the ICS go ahead an state that I am always negative

TURN3
22nd February 2011, 18:58
Good news indeed, this is AA's first legitimate sponsor to join in how long now?

This sort of sucks for PimpDaddy now though. The idea that RHR's car would have their colors would've had them up toward the front at least some of the time.

chuck34
22nd February 2011, 20:14
I would expect to see a yellow car, since yellow is the background color for both DHL and Sun Drop.

I would expect it to be something like the Penske Porsche's used to be in ALMS. Mostly yellow with red lettering and a couple of thin red "racing stripes".

Dr. Krogshöj
22nd February 2011, 20:18
Hope the paint scheme is better than on the Rocketsports car

I think that was nice. The press release mentions "red, yellow and white" though.