View Full Version : New forum.

scaliwag
21st February 2011, 05:49
SKC.
STARTER.
HENNERS88.
FORZA.
PINO.

Just a quick thank you guys for informing me the forum has moved, if I missed anyone from the list my apologies.

Regards scaliwag.

pino
21st February 2011, 06:36
My pleasure mate, happy to see you (and everyone else) in here :up:

Mark
21st February 2011, 08:08
Glad you made it over :D

donKey jote
21st February 2011, 17:20
welcome back :wave:
now where are tamby and bolton ? :p :bandit:

Mark
21st February 2011, 17:28
Tamb had me delete all his posts and his membership ;(

donKey jote
21st February 2011, 22:05

oh, so sorry to hear that, my most sincere condolences :bigcry:

steveaki13
21st February 2011, 22:30

oh, so sorry to hear that, my most sincere condolences :bigcry:

He was so young! :(

BDunnell
21st February 2011, 22:32
Yes, and he had so much of his forum member's life ahead of him. What a waste.

Valve Bounce
22nd February 2011, 05:12
I'm here. :)

DexDexter
22nd February 2011, 07:53
New forum, what am I missing? :confused:

pino
22nd February 2011, 08:12
Guys please let's not turn this into a tamburello thread, is not worth it ;) Let's insted welcome all the members who managed to get here, all together we will make this forum/board a better and bigger place to discuss F1 and other Motorsports disciplines :up:

HoldenCaulfield
22nd February 2011, 13:37
I suppose in reality he had no choice. He couldn't really show his face back here after the embarrassment of Pallone, and now he is one of a pair of the entire posting fraternity over at the fake forums. I also spotted him a while back posting over at autosport and as you can imagine he went down about as well as a pole dancer at a wake. Good luck to the guy and condolences to moronsport.com for inheriting such a pleasant guy. :)

amen, the world just got one tool lighter

Bagwan
22nd February 2011, 13:49
I'd love a pole dancer at my wake , and I miss Tamburello .

52Paddy
22nd February 2011, 14:19
Is anyone making tea?

Mark
22nd February 2011, 14:24
Guys please let's not turn this into a tamburello thread, is not worth it ;) Let's insted welcome all the members who managed to get here, all together we will make this forum/board a better and bigger place to discuss F1 and other Motorsports disciplines :up:

Yep, everyone spread the world about Motorsport Forums! Lets make this page bigger than the 'other' site could ever hope to manage. You can start by "Like"ing the facebook page ;) http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Valve Bounce
23rd February 2011, 04:42
Am I missing something here? What are we talking about? :confused:

pino
23rd February 2011, 06:58
Am I missing something here? What are we talking about? :confused:

We are talking about this forum and how much we love it ;)

Mia 01
23rd February 2011, 11:32
I like it here and a few seems to like me so thatīs fine.

This is the real life (F1 life)!

Bagwan
23rd February 2011, 14:03
Mark , do you think we could have a word or two of explanation as to why this forum isn't linked directly to the motorsport site any more ?

Mark
23rd February 2011, 14:15
I have written about it elsewhere. But here goes, put simply.

We were hosted on the motorsport.com servers and had been for many years, kindly paid for by motorsport.com, I got use of their server and in return they got a nice busy forum, and a slice of the ad revenue.

Motorsport.com offered to buy the forums from me. I told them that I wasn't prepared to accept the offer. They then came back twice basically saying "Take the offer or we'll proceed with other plans". The day after the deadline for me accepting the offer past I logged in to find that my Admin account had been completely deleted.

Thankfully I'd taken the precaution of doing regular backups so I was able to set up on another server within a couple of hours, and I removed the forum and all my files from the motorsport.com servers.

They then restored the forum from a backup they'd taken on the 6th January, some 5 days earlier than they acted against me. They continue to use a copy of the forums from that date, although the software is updated.

A few days later I upgraded the forums here to the latest software, hence why many refer to it as the 'new forums', although I would argue that it isn't new at all, it's the same forums that have been operating since April 2000.

MrJan
23rd February 2011, 15:15
I seem to remember people referring to the "new fourm" last time that we got a new look.

SGWilko
23rd February 2011, 17:32
I'd love a pole dancer at my wake

Borat still has his mankini so I'm told....... :laugh:

Tazio
23rd February 2011, 18:31

We were hosted on the motorsport.com servers and had been for many years, kindly paid for by motorsport.com, I got use of their server and in return they got a nice busy forum, and a slice of the ad revenue.

Motorsport.com offered to buy the forums from me. I told them that I wasn't prepared to accept the offer. They then came back twice basically saying "Take the offer or we'll proceed with other plans". The day after the deadline for me accepting the offer past I logged in to find that my Admin account had been completely deleted.

Thankfully I'd taken the precaution of doing regular backups so I was able to set up on another server within a couple of hours, and I removed the forum and all my files from the motorsport.com servers.

They then restored the forum from a backup they'd taken on the 6th January, some 5 days earlier than they acted against me. They continue to use a copy of the forums from that date, although the software is updated.

A few days later I upgraded the forums here to the latest software, hence why many refer to it as the 'new forums', although I would argue that it isn't new at all, it's the same forums that have been operating since April 2000.

I'm glad you punked those lousy bloodsuckers (or something like that) :p

Bagwan
23rd February 2011, 19:16

Thanks , Mark .

I very much appreciate the time it took to explain , I guess , again .

Bagwan
23rd February 2011, 19:21
Borat still has his mankini so I'm told....... :laugh:

What your friends tell you has nothing to do with me .

Tazio
23rd February 2011, 19:55
Hail Mark :p :

http://c1.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/151/l_0655651e1679497ca63b8bd828ac0148.jpg

Sonic
24th February 2011, 09:43
Hail Mark :p :

http://c1.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/151/l_0655651e1679497ca63b8bd828ac0148.jpg

PML! you could have pixilated marks face - this is meant to be an anonymous forum :p

SGWilko
24th February 2011, 14:50
PML! you could have pixilated marks face - this is meant to be an anonymous forum :p

Jeez, don't upset the Anonymous, or they'll do a HBGary on you......

SGWilko
24th February 2011, 14:51
What your friends tell you has nothing to do with me .

I've not got any friends........