PDA

View Full Version : Nicolas Hamilton to race Clio Cup

Mark
16th February 2011, 12:13
http://www.cliocup.com/news/NewsStory.php?SeriesID=2&ArticleID=2010

An inspiring story, given the difficulties that he faces every day, it's quite an achievement and makes most of us think about our problems in a different light!

Eurotech
16th February 2011, 16:10
Excellent news for him, and I doubt he could have a better driver coach than his brother! I wish him all the best for this season, hope he has a great time :)

F1boat
16th February 2011, 17:55
I wish him all the best!

Allyc85
16th February 2011, 19:08
Good news!

Its also good to see that grid number have increased to 18 so far, after a poor 2010 for the Clio Cup.

wedge
17th February 2011, 15:12
What's the count for the Abarth series?

Sarah
4th April 2011, 19:02
Well after the BBC mentioned this quite a bit on Friday both our local news programmes Look East and Anglia Tonight did some nice little features on Nic's adventures in the Clio Cup including Lewis and his father this evening.

5th April 2011, 07:27
Good news for all the race lovers. I am sure now the race will be more exciting and i m sure Nicolas Hamilton will win and give very tough competition to others.

DazzlaF1
5th April 2011, 17:26
Considering he only had 5 days of testing in the car and that it was his very first car race, he did a grand job

He just got faster and faster as the weekend went on and in Race 2, he managed to do a 53.588, the first time he managed to dip below 1 second off the fastest lap of the race or session, and in only his first proper race weekend, thats a cracking effort.

Robinho
7th April 2011, 15:44
yeah he looked very comfortable and smooth in the car, had a cracking start in the 2nd race and was unfortunate to get taken out and end up running round on his own, but his laptimes were good, the kid clearly knows what he is doing. came across really well too, although he is obviously no stranger to dealing with the press to some extent.

rjbetty
14th January 2013, 17:49
Hi everyone,

I found this old chestnut and wanted to drag it up as I can't find anything else here about Anthony Hamilton.

Was just interested to know what people who follow these things more closely than me think about him after 2 seasons.

The impression I get: Well on the face of it, just looking at his results on Wikipedia, maybe 2012 was disappointing... But it does look like the competition was higher and there were certainly more cars. Going through and seeing how many cars he finished ahead of each time, it does maybe seem to compare well to 2011 after all.

Does anyone know if he is going to continue? Thanks.

Allyc85
14th January 2013, 17:54
There was a TV programe about him a while ago and his dad said that he would only be able to continue if he got the results, which he didnt. Bit harsh as he is new to racing, especially at a fairly high level, so I hope to see him given another chance.

rjbetty
16th January 2013, 00:52
Oh yeah that's right I saw it! But that was about his first season. He did grab a 9th place in the final round, but there were less cars and the competition seemed a lot weaker. On the face of it, it looks disappointing that he didn't get in the top 10 this year, but he seemed to finish ahead of quite a lot of cars most of the time.