PDA

View Full Version : DeLana International SpeedwayÂ’

kelloggs5TLfan
8th December 2006, 19:48
Nascar continues to get worse. IMO

http://www.racingone.com/article.aspx?artnum=32517

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. – Kevin Harvick Inc. and owner DeLana Harvick have dominated the past two Daytona 300 Busch Series races at Daytona International Speedway, winning the prestigious season-opening events with driver Tony Stewart.

With Kevin Harvick Inc.’s success in the Daytona 300, Daytona International Speedway President Robin Braig announced that the legendary historic motorsports facility will now carry the name of its team owner - DeLana - for the day.

"Kevin Harvick Inc. and its owner DeLana Harvick have won the last two February Busch Series races at DIS," Braig said. "Since they ‘own’ the track, in their honor, we’re going to change the name of Daytona International Speedway to ‘DeLana International Speedway’ for the day."

On Thursday during NASCAR Busch Series Champion’s Week Media Luncheon at the ESPN Club at Disney’s Boardwalk, Braig made the announcement and gave a piece of historic pavement from DIS to DeLana Harvick with the new track logo.

The Daytona 300, the premier event in the NASCAR Busch Series season, will kick off the 2007 Busch Series season on Saturday, Feb. 17. The race will also be televised on ESPN2HD, the new television h
ome to the Busch Series.

Sparky1329
9th December 2006, 04:16
Is this a joke or for real?

tstran17_88
9th December 2006, 05:47
To be fair then...they need to name the season finale in Miami-Homestead the "Greg Biffle 400" since he's won the last two and the Bristol night race in August will be the "Kenseth 500" since he's dominated the last two. :D

Speedworx
9th December 2006, 10:19
To be fair then...they need to name the season finale in Miami-Homestead the "Greg Biffle 400" since he's won the last two and the Bristol night race in August will be the "Kenseth 500" since he's dominated the last two. :D

Biffle has won the last 3 (2004, 2005, 2006)

RaceFanStan
9th December 2006, 18:24
Let me just say that obviously it is NASCAR's plan to get more media hype & broaden it's fanbase. :rolleyes:
Are there any women out there that have been impressed with NASCAR's grandstand play ? :s

Sparky1329
9th December 2006, 18:31
Most women I know can cut through the BS pretty quickly, Stan. We're natural born skeptics. :D

TexasRaceLady
9th December 2006, 20:34
I may throw up. :p

SmokeFan20
9th December 2006, 23:01
To be fair then...they need to name the season finale in Miami-Homestead the "Greg Biffle 400" since he's won the last two and the Bristol night race in August will be the "Kenseth 500" since he's dominated the last two.

Hmmm...
In that case.
How about the "Tony Stewart 400 presented by Coca-Cola and not Pepsi, because Pepsi Sucks" in July at Daytona :D

Sparky1329
10th December 2006, 04:50
Hmmm...
In that case.
How about the "Tony Stewart 400 presented by Coca-Cola and not Pepsi, because Pepsi Sucks" in July at Daytona :D

That works for me. Pepsi does suck. :D

harvick#1
10th December 2006, 05:57
coke is awesome, espcially Frozen coke, mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, frozen :facelick:

jslone
10th December 2006, 07:27
Does Delana come in a bakini if I win?

RaceFanStan
10th December 2006, 17:27
I have expected the summer Daytona Cup race to go to being the "Diet Pepsi 400" ... :eek:
it hasn't happened ... yet :laugh:

Jag_Warrior
10th December 2006, 18:16
Does Delana come in a bakini if I win?

Yeah, a bikini... and boxing gloves. :D

This is a truly weird idea on NASCAR/ISC's part.

RaceFanStan
10th December 2006, 18:30
It's a marketing ploy to attract more women to be NASCAR fans. :s
The women are welcome, it's the ploy that I find repulsive. :s

Jag_Warrior
10th December 2006, 18:37
It's a marketing ploy to attract more women to be NASCAR fans. :s
The women are welcome, it's the ploy that I find repulsive. :s

Oh, I understand that part. It just seems like a weird approach. I guess I just don't get "the hook". Does Delana have a following among female fans that I haven't heard about?

But still, I've been in the pits of some Saturday night dirt tracks where I think Delana would have been my choice to back me up on getting out of there.

Sparky1329
11th December 2006, 03:19
Oh, I understand that part. It just seems like a weird approach. I guess I just don't get "the hook". Does Delana have a following among female fans that I haven't heard about?

But still, I've been in the pits of some Saturday night dirt tracks where I think Delana would have been my choice to back me up on getting out of there.

If I were picking teams for a scuffle I'd pick Delana for my side. I like her and I like her attitude. Creating a day to honor her and the achievements of her team is fine by me. What ticks me off is NASCAR's lip service to female racers.