PDA

View Full Version : 20 cars entered for Homestead

Alexamateo
15th March 2007, 01:19
http://www.indycar.com/news/2007/homestead/homestead_entrylist.pdf

Looks like there's definitely going to be 20 cars at Homestead. It's funny, with all the talk about possibly Milka or Mitirsin in Cahill cars or a John Herb entry. The 20th car is the Greg Beck entry.

It also seems like there's a driver defection from ChampCar as TBA will be driving ;) :p :

Seriously, I'm sure it's a veteran that'll be in the car. I'm thinking one of the Laziers. Anybody else have an idea?

Jonesi
15th March 2007, 02:26

Looks like there's definitely going to be 20 cars at Homestead. It's funny, with all the talk about possibly Milka or Mitirsin in Cahill cars or a John Herb entry. The 20th car is the Greg Beck entry.

It also seems like there's a driver defection from ChampCar as TBA will be driving ;) :p :

Seriously, I'm sure it's a veteran that'll be in the car. I'm thinking one of the Laziers. Anybody else have an idea?

In '06 & '04 it was PJ Jones and '05 Arie Jr but he didn't qualify, probably 50% chance it's PJ.

gofastandwynn
15th March 2007, 03:15

Right not it looks like Milka will be in a car for Kansas in a Dallara run by here Grand am team...

ChicagocrewIRL
15th March 2007, 03:21
Right not it looks like Milka will be in a car for Kansas in a Dallara run by here Grand am team...

With CITGO sponsorship. Not sure how I feel about this since CITGO is a Venezualan government owned oil company and I'm not all too big a fan of Hugo the Weird, the exalted ruler of Venezuela.

But I would love to see Milka dueling it out with Sarah, Danica, and the boys. I am more excited about this coming season than I have been for previous season starts.

Komahawk
15th March 2007, 15:52
20 cars ladies & gentlemen, that's pretty good.

O&A Virus
15th March 2007, 17:14
21 by the KC with Milka.

25 cars entered in the IPS series.

gofastandwynn
15th March 2007, 18:00
With CITGO sponsorship. Not sure how I feel about this since CITGO is a Venezualan government owned oil company and I'm not all too big a fan of Hugo the Weird, the exalted ruler of Venezuela.

But I would love to see Milka dueling it out with Sarah, Danica, and the boys. I am more excited about this coming season than I have been for previous season starts.

Yea, I love it how Hugo thinks that we are trying to kill him. Hey Hugo, if we wanted to kill you, you would be dead already. We can put a laser guided bomb right through your bathroom window, so don't **** us off.

And I know it is a problem, since Milka openly supports Hugo (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbXIMY4hfhU) but the press that having 3 girls in the 500 and the press opprtunities that it offers ( if they don't get them onThe View the league is making a big mistake.)

Lee Roy
15th March 2007, 18:59
20 cars ladies & gentlemen, that's pretty good.

But isn't part of the increase from last year attributed to Mr. George increasing his team from 2 to 3? I don't find that to be any REAL progress over last year.

Jonesi
15th March 2007, 19:04
21 by the KC with Milka.

Don't get your hopes up too soon. Those early season entries by 'Indy Only'ish teams (like Roth & Beck) are done more to get the $ perks that come with going into Indy in the top 25 in points, than to shake down the car. Roth's got only 1 chassis, no way he's running 4 races before Indy.

gofastandwynn
15th March 2007, 19:50
no, Roth has said that he is only running Miami & Kansas.

Alexamateo
15th March 2007, 22:48
ALex Barron's going to be in the car.
http://www.indycar.com/news/story.php?story_id=8376

ChicagocrewIRL
16th March 2007, 00:34
YEAHHHHHH ALEX !

I know this is no where near a quality ride but I am excited to see Alex Barron back racing in the IRL. Hope springs eternal and you never know he may give us a show. I'm behind you all the way Alex !

When do "PICK EMS" start ?????

CARTDM15
16th March 2007, 00:37

Are you listening to yourself, Milka is brick slow in a Grand-Am car she's drive all the time I can only guess how bad she will be in a Indy car.You can't be excited about that.

ChicagocrewIRL
16th March 2007, 00:40
Yea, I love it how Hugo thinks that we are trying to kill him. Hey Hugo, if we wanted to kill you, you would be dead already. We can put a laser guided bomb right through your bathroom window, so don't **** us off.

And I know it is a problem, since Milka openly supports Hugo (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbXIMY4hfhU) but the press that having 3 girls in the 500 and the press opprtunities that it offers ( if they don't get them onThe View the league is making a big mistake.)

HAHA !! Well maybe we can turn this into a rivalry with the beautiful dangerous temptress driving the car of the evil adversary. Sort of the US vs USSR thing back during the cold war days. But I can't hate Milka she is just hot. Chavez is butt ugly though and whacked out. But I dont think the Venezualans can come close to the actual competitiveness of the Soviets.
Oh well, we will just wait and see. Only way I can really root against her is for her to drive evil or stupid.

Subaru WRX
20th March 2007, 15:17
20 cars not as good as 3 or 4 years ago, but better than the one of the CCWS, and its poor starting grid

Komahawk
23rd March 2007, 19:27
Uhm, where is the Beck car? Anyone?

Alexamateo
23rd March 2007, 19:39
They're there, 19th after practice.

http://scoring.indycar.com/2007/

ChicagocrewIRL
23rd March 2007, 19:49
IMPRESSIVE

the whole field is under a second difference in lap times from top to bottom, .09767 seconds to be exact from P1 to P20.

Should be a great race. Let's see what happens with qualifying.

O&A Virus
23rd March 2007, 20:17
20 cars not as good as 3 or 4 years ago, but better than the one of the CCWS, and its poor starting grid

It'll be bigger by the time the series makes it to Kansas in April.

O&A Virus
23rd March 2007, 20:18
no, Roth has said that he is only running Miami & Kansas.

Probably Indy too.

kmchow
23rd March 2007, 22:02
IMPRESSIVE

the whole field is under a second difference in lap times from top to bottom, .09767 seconds to be exact from P1 to P20.

Should be a great race. Let's see what happens with qualifying.
Considernig they're running the "same" engine and chassis(??), it's not suprising their times are very close. Unless some really out of the league driver (backmarker) races. So this is a good indicator of driver talent--they're all pretty competent?

Komahawk
24th March 2007, 08:36
Why wasn't Barron listed in the practice-results? And he still isn't listed as an official driver on the homepage.

ChicagocrewIRL
24th March 2007, 10:49
Considernig they're running the "same" engine and chassis(??), it's not suprising their times are very close. Unless some really out of the league driver (backmarker) races. So this is a good indicator of driver talent--they're all pretty competent?

Well by that logic yes, all equipment being equal, it should all be driver skill then that is the difference between how good you run. But to me I think it's a mix between driver skill and the input of the engineers and crew with the setup of the car. As Hornish said in a recent interview in Racer Magazine, it's all about squeezing that extra .10 of a second that differentiates top tier teams and cars from the bottom feeders. Where does that extra .10 off come from ? The Penske cars go so far as to run special brackets for the rear view mirrors. If you ever noticed, their mounting brackets are very slight with two big cutouts to allow more airflow through them. Just an example of the subtle differences that make the difference within the formula rule.

grungex
24th March 2007, 14:26
For most ovals that the IRL runs (especially the full-throttle-never-lift tracks), it's about 90% car setup and 10% driver. Since everybody is using the same basic car, it's almost all engineer...

call_me_andrew
24th March 2007, 20:37

Just like that Bin Laden guy...

Jonesi
24th March 2007, 21:29
Why wasn't Barron listed in the practice-results? And he still isn't listed as an official driver on the homepage.

Don't know where you looked, but he was 19th in the 1st session and 20th in the 2nd & qualifing on the lists I saw. Late deal, no surprise the web site hasn't been updated yet, and the car isn't sorted out yet.

ZzZzZz
24th March 2007, 22:23
Yea, I love it how Hugo thinks that we are trying to kill him.

Saying it doesn't mean he actually thinks it. But he does know Bush supported the coup that removed him from power. That's what changed him from an irksome half-wit to a troublesome half-wit.