PDA

View Full Version : Triple Letter Words

Rollo
31st January 2011, 23:57
On another forum we were discussing dog wee on upholstery (as you do), and I wanted to know what the past tense of Wee was, so I looked in the OED and found that it's Weeed; also the past tense of Pee is Peeed.

There can't be many words with triple letters in them can there? I'm going to have to remember Weeed and Peeed for those horror racks in Scrabble (which by the way was invented by Alfred Butts :D )

schmenke
1st February 2011, 00:10
Slow day Rollo? :dozey:

Tazio
1st February 2011, 01:06
:s ailor: Here is one that comes to mind:

hilllike

The hyphenated spelling hill-like may be preferred in order to avoid the unusual juxtaposition of three of the same consonant.

veeten
1st February 2011, 01:34
Indeed.

:p :

Donney
1st February 2011, 07:47
I admit I had to search for words because I was not sure freeer or freeest existed and it seems they do, but here's a geat one for Scrabble if the conditions are ever given:

LAPAROHYSTEROSALPINGOOOPHORECTOMY: Laparoscopic surgical removal of the uterus, fallopian tubes and ovaries.

Tazio
1st February 2011, 08:51
I admit I had to search for words because I was not sure freeer or freeest existed and it seems they do, but here's a geat one for Scrabble if the conditions are ever given:

LAPAROHYSTEROSALPINGOOOPHORECTOMY: Laparoscopic surgical removal of the uterus, fallopian tubes and ovaries.

WoW :eek:
A woman told me she needed me to perform an emergency proceedure along those same lines.
What you ask?

A SLIPTHEDICKTOME. :love:

Azumanga Davo
3rd February 2011, 06:02
There can't be many words with triple letters in them can there?

Try anything written on Facebook. Spelling to melt your eyes.