PDA

View Full Version : Jensen Indy Lights test at Sebring

jensenmotorsport
31st January 2011, 13:49
Videos and photos including in-car footage from our Indy Lights test at Sebring Florida are posted on our facebook team page www.facebook.com/jensenmotorsport (http://www.facebook.com/jensenmotorsport)

Mark in Oshawa
31st January 2011, 16:27
I joined..

Just where is Jensen basing their operations now? I know you are Canadian...but that is all I know now about Jensen Motorsports...

jensenmotorsport
31st January 2011, 17:31
The team is based in Toronto. We had a race shop in downtown Montreal for many years since much of the engineers and mechanics lived in Montreal, but when Atlantic ended we had to close that location.

Our Chief Technical Officer Remi Lanteigne lives in Toronto, as does team owner Eric Jensen.

Hoop-98
31st January 2011, 23:48
Hi guys, just wondering how the Indy Lights and Atlantic differ as far as setup, driving. I "understand" the Atlantic had more grip and less power, but it seems they have similar lap times. So from the sector times I have looked at, the Atlantic has higher turn speed but less acceleration?

Any comments...

rh

jensenmotorsport
1st February 2011, 12:40
They are completely different cars in terms of driving style. The Atlantic car is much lighter, and with the tunnels it produces significantly more downforce at lower speeds, and has a much lower center of gravity... which all means that the cornering G potential is much greater than the Indy Lights car. But the rub is that the Atlantic car has much less horsepower and torque, so it's a "momentum" driving style as opposed to the Dallara Indy Lights being a "stop and start" driving style car... It's just a coincidence that the Atlantic and Indy Lights cars produce essentially the same lap times on most road and street tracks.

If you are interested to learn more about the "driving techniques" stuff... We have posted a basic Driver Guide on our www.jensenmotorsport.com/fbmw (http://www.jensenmotorsport.com/fbmw) site for young drivers starting out in race cars to learn the basics about vehicle dynamics and how data is used to improve their driving... That's based on "momentum" cars like the Atlantic, F2000, FBMW... Many of the same principles still apply to driving the Indy Lights car, but the driver has to change some things to accomodate the higher weight, power, and lack of downforce at slower speeds

Hoop-98
1st February 2011, 23:20
Thanks, I was wondering which is a better trainer for IndyCar. It seems they both have a plus , the power of the Indy Light and the Corner speed of the Atlantic. I'm not sure which is the more beneficial for the next step. I would guess the momentum is a bit less applicable but just a guess :)

rh