PDA

View Full Version : HVM signes 3 year deal

dataman1
24th January 2011, 21:28
Great news!

http://www.indycar.com/news/show/55-izod-indycar-series/41009-entergy-to-back-hvm-de-silvestro-in-2011/

nigelred5
25th January 2011, 00:15
WBAL TV in Baltimore had a short spot on the evening news about the press announcement. I was actually shocked The way it was reported. It actually sounded like a real report on an important announcement about a racing team and not just a plug for the race. Nice shots of a burnout on Light street in front of The Intercontinental Habor Court. Sucks that I coldn't make it down there in time for the announcement.

Mad_Hatter
25th January 2011, 01:24
http://assets.speedtv.com/images/article_assets/106/1065515/1065515_article_img_large3.jpg

Video of her street display:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlFtg2YLZ9k

nigelred5
25th January 2011, 01:46
Nice. I'm glad they re-routed the track off of Camden street where they did that. That's going to be a nice area for the crowd to congregate with all the entertainment. I wish WBAL would put the spot they did on their website.

Steve-o
25th January 2011, 04:00
Seems like it's been a good off-season for this series. homestead seems so long ago...

http://www.fanviewpoint.com/2011/01/indycar-simona-de-silvestro-lands.html

jimispeed
25th January 2011, 07:33
http://assets.speedtv.com/images/article_assets/106/1065515/1065515_article_img_large3.jpg

Video of her street display:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlFtg2YLZ9k

Sorry guys, but that is one ugly car!! I hope 2012 and it's changes hold true.......

Looks like good news though.....and pretty early on!! Hope that means better things to come!

Dr. Krogshöj
25th January 2011, 07:36
The livery is poorly designed. I couldn't even read the sponsor's name when the car is still... Otherwise, good news.

Mark in Oshawa
25th January 2011, 16:43
Ugly paint job, great news. Simona and HVM have a budget now....

ykiki
25th January 2011, 18:15
I have a feeling that the livery will change by the time they race - otherwise, what good does it do your sponsor if no one can see their name standing still, let alone on tv?

anthonyvop
25th January 2011, 22:20
Good for Simona. Still haven't heard the details but it has to be better than last years sponsor. Hopefully the team will step up and give her a good carso she can really show her stuff.

Leo Krupe
26th January 2011, 00:29
The livery is poorly designed. I couldn't even read the sponsor's name when the car is still... Otherwise, good news.
Maybe it's just me, but I'd never even _heard_ of that company before. Not that really means anything....I'm sure there are lots of successful companies I've never heard of. Still, it's hardly a household name, is it?

On the good side, I too am awfully glad Simona is going to be around for at least the next 3 years!

Chamoo
26th January 2011, 03:35
As far as I'm concerned, Nuclear Entergy is actually an association promoting green-nuclear energy. They do not produce it, or sell a product.

anthonyvop
26th January 2011, 16:43
As far as I'm concerned, Nuclear Entergy is actually an association promoting green-nuclear energy. They do not produce it, or sell a product.

They are a management company

As the second largest operator of nuclear power plants in the United States, Entergy can offer your organization significant advantages in purchasing leverage, shared resources and lower costs and fees associated with operating your plants.

Recognized as an industry leader in safe operations, Entergy Nuclear posts consistently excellent performance among its boiling and pressurized water reactors, single-unit and multi-vendor sites. Our fleet's average capacity factor far exceeds the U.S. average, and our plants are the recipients of numerous Nuclear Energy Institute Top Industry Practice Awards.

Entergy Nuclear boasts a successful track record of dramatically improving plant performance by fostering and maintaining a high performance culture. Our proven ability to put effective operating companies in place delivers focused management of nuclear assets, resulting in improved safety, operations and cost performance.

http://www.entergy-nuclear.com/business_services/operations.aspx

bblocker68
26th January 2011, 16:49
Can't see the number on the rear wing to well. They should change it to white or at least a white outline.

glauistean
26th January 2011, 18:14
Can't see the number on the rear wing to well. They should change it to white or at least a white outline.

I think the number is 78. I also agree with the posters that said the car was ugly. Thank God it's the last year for this car.

In addition,Dr Krog... has hit on something that has always facinated me. The person who designs the livery of the cars on most teams does a horrible job. Target is fine, Dollar General too.

B&W no, Roll coater no and many others. At speed this company logo's should be huge. If they want to be innovative they should do what a team in F1 did years ago. They started out with the livery and a countown to the announcement of who they were. Can't recall who they were.

MDS
26th January 2011, 18:20
Seems like it's been a good off-season for this series. homestead seems so long ago...

Seriously as a fan of the series I can't imagine this off season going much better (Short of an improved TV deal). For second or third tier team like HVM to secure a three year contract for one of there cars is huge Keith and his staff can plan for the future for the first time in five or six years It gives them a base, probably a $3 to $4.5 million base to build from that they can add sponsorship money to. HVM hasn't had a driver locked into a multi-year agreement since 2000 when Jourdain was a co-owner/driver.

I cannot wait to see what Simona and HVM accomplishes this year.

beachgirl
26th January 2011, 19:07
Maybe it's just me, but I'd never even _heard_ of that company before. Not that really means anything....I'm sure there are lots of successful companies I've never heard of. Still, it's hardly a household name, is it?

On the good side, I too am awfully glad Simona is going to be around for at least the next 3 years!

Perhaps that's why they've chosen to be a sponsor of something, and broaden their advertising and name-familiarity to more of the public outside of their specific industry? I do believe that's why companies do what they do with racing and other sponsorships - become more of a "household name".

anthonyvop
26th January 2011, 20:33
There is a strong push for Nuclear Energy going on now and this is a great way for some positive impressions.

ykiki
26th January 2011, 23:01
I know some drivers complain about turbo-lag. I wonder how reactor-lag compares? :D

anthonyvop
26th January 2011, 23:06
Technically a Nuclear powered car would actually be steamed-powered.

http://www.oldengine.org/members/sbarr/images/Shows/2003Winamac/15.jpg

http://www.telovation.com/photos/steam-powered-car-land-speed-record.jpg

http://www.electronicsinfoline.com/News/img/news/200903/32874_1.jpg

Leo Krupe
26th January 2011, 23:57
Perhaps that's why they've chosen to be a sponsor of something, and broaden their advertising and name-familiarity to more of the public outside of their specific industry? I do believe that's why companies do what they do with racing and other sponsorships - become more of a "household name".
Certainly possible. Every company has to start somewhere...there was a time that Chevy and STP weren't household names. And the era of sponsors exclusively being racing or car-oriented are gone. Viagara, M&Ms, and Jim Beam aren't exactly traditionally known as being as car-centric as say, Bosch, Crane cams, or Hooker Headers.

There is a strong push for Nuclear Energy going on now and this is a great way for some positive impressions.
I'm not going to get political, but I clearly remember the problems nuclear plants had in the US in the not-so-distant past....those problems had more to do with how they were built (including a reactor being installed backwards in at least one plant) than the danger of a TMI or Chernobyl-like accident. Personally, I'd very much like nuclear plants to be built and installed properly and safely. But we'll see, maybe this Entergy company can push some positive PR for that industry.

As for the number on the wing not being seen clearly, I think it was extremely visible in the youtube video.

nigelred5
27th January 2011, 15:56
With very few teams sharing liveries between teammates, how much does the number visibility really matterthese days? I really don't identify and differentiate cars by their number.

Dr. Krogshöj
27th January 2011, 18:21
With very few teams sharing liveries between teammates, how much does the number visibility really matterthese days? I really don't identify and differentiate cars by their number.

You and I don't but the way I see it there is a big number fetish in America. One of the track owners even complained the car numbers are too small.

nigelred5
28th January 2011, 13:46
You and I don't but the way I see it there is a big number fetish in America. One of the track owners even complained the car numbers are too small.

That's totally a NASCAR thing IMHO. Just look at all the sales of car number stickers NASCAR sells annually. Everything is tied to the car number in NASCAR. it's always the No. 2 team this, the 48 team that. They have 4ft tall #'s on their ROOF. When the car # actually means something, maybe I'll use that to identify with a team. I put a red 5 on my car back in 92. Who would you think it referred to?? Mario? Nigel?.... of course EVERYONE immediately assumed I was a Mark Martin Fan. I didn't give a rat's behind about NASCAR back then.

DanicaFan
29th January 2011, 19:42
You gotta have a number on a car. It matters to me. You darn bet I have a couple orange 7's on my Explorer.

But I am happy for Simona, this is great news for both her and the series.

MDS
29th January 2011, 21:34
I put a red 5 on my car back in 92. Who would you think it referred to?? Mario? Nigel?.... of course EVERYONE immediately assumed I was a Mark Martin Fan. I didn't give a rat's behind about NASCAR back then.

I'm sorry but I got to call bull**** on this one. In 1992 Nigel was driving the red 5 for Williams but the 5 in NASCAR has been a Hendrick number for over 20 years, and in 1992 it was driven by Ricky Rudd, and since it was Tide his number was blue. And Ricky Rudd, while being a nice guy, in no way had the popularity Mark Martin did.

Nigel also used a red 5 in 1993 and 1994 when he was at Newman Haas when Ricky Rudd and Terry Labonte drive the No. 5 Hendrick entry. So yeah, no way in hell did you take **** for being called a Mark Martin fan for having a 5 on your car. Mark didn't drive the no. 5 until three or four years ago.