Rally Event Info
-----------------------------
24-31 January 2011

Tyre choice is free for all stages
Pacenotes - Audio only, not visual
REDUCED Damage Setting
Gears-neutral lock and gear protection allowed
NO pacecar ghosts (see options menu) are allowed
One supperally allowed per leg (slowest time + 30 seconds penalty assessed)

Stages
------

Leg 1
SS1- Cote D'Arbroz (France) - Weather: Good - 4.5km
SS2- Joux Verte (France) - Weather: Good - 7.9km
SS3 - Bisanne (France) - Weather: Good - 5.6km

Leg2

SS4 - Joux Plane (France) - Weather: Bad - 11.1km
SS5 - Cote D'Arbroz II (France) - Weather: Bad - 4.5km
SS6 - Joux Verte II (France) - Weather: Bad - 7.9km

Leg 3

SS7- Joux Verte (France) - Weather: Bad - 7.9km
SS8 - Joux Plane (France) - Weather: Good - 11.1km
SS9 - Joux Verte II (France) - Weather: Good - 7.9km

Total Distance - 68.0 km

Submitting times
----------------
Please submit times by PM to Tannat by midnight, Monday, January 31

Videos and screenshots welcomed and encouraged...

Cheers, and good luck!

Tannat

tannat
24th January 2011, 16:35
Tannat
USA
Hyundai Accent

ps29
UK
Peugeot 206

Neverknow
Estonia
Subaru Impreza WRC '00

Neil J
England
Citroen Xsara

IronRooster
England
Toyota Corolla

Bruce D
South Africa
Citroen Xsara

LCD
Greece
Toyota Corolla WRC

Steve Spackman
United Kingdom (?)
Subaru Impreza WRC 2003

tannat
24th January 2011, 16:36
After 5 rounds

Driver's Championship

1-PS29-------------50 (5 wins)
2-NeverKnow-------40
3-Tannat-----------28
4-Neil J-------------17
5-LCD--------------12
6-SteveSpackman---5
7-BruceD------------4
7-Frozzy------------4

Manufacturer's Championship

1-Peugeot----------50 (5 wins)
2-Citroen-----------27
3-Subaru-----------26
4-Mitsubishi---------24
5-Toyota-----------12
6-Hyundai-----------9

MrMetro
24th January 2011, 20:08
I MIGHT be at this event, I'm not sure yet though

tannat
24th January 2011, 20:42
Hope you can rooster-some thin crowds for RBR lately...

NeverKnow
25th January 2011, 07:11
Looking like a solid event. I think the second day will be the decider. Especially Joux Plane and Cote d'Abroz where people might get carried away with speed and underestimate braking distance in the rain (for example on Cote d'Abroz II fast downhill section just before the hairpins).
I haven't driven '00 Subaru on asphalt for ages but hopefully I can find a setup that's works.

pettersolberg29
25th January 2011, 15:10
I'm back for this event after a rubbish retirement in the last RBR Cup event. I have managed to get a new gamepad which means that its now much easier to steer - instead of just being full lock left/right it is now actually graded which is good. Knocking about 1s off my PBs on average so far so looking forward to this event.

tannat
25th January 2011, 15:17
Good-at least 3, perhaps 4.

Hopefully Spackman and Neil J will come along as well. Maybe Bruce D's hand is better?

lcd
25th January 2011, 15:38
...its now much easier to steer - instead of just being full lock left/right it is now actually graded...

How did you manage that..?

pettersolberg29
25th January 2011, 15:47
How did you manage that..?

I managed to get my PS3 controller working using some weird technology! Good video here on how to do it if you're interested:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33WA-qsm2eI&feature=iv&annotation_id=annotation_47629
Any questions, just ask as I got it working after a while. Only problem is I have to use x and square to accelerate and break rather than L2 and R2.

Bruce D
25th January 2011, 16:54
Maybe Bruce D's hand is better?

Been nothing wrong with my hand, mate, my foot that was the problem. ;)

It's all better, I'll try to do this round, cos I'm quicker on tar than gravel.

Pettersolberg29, mean to tell us that you've been doing those times with a keyboard or something?

pettersolberg29
25th January 2011, 17:23
Pettersolberg29, mean to tell us that you've been doing those times with a keyboard or something?

No, I'm afraid not :) I was using a gamepad but I couldn't calibrate it properly so it meant that, when using the analog stick, even the slightest touch of it meant that I went of full lock in that direction. It meant a lot of practise in trying to avoid swinging like a pendulum, but weirdly I actually found it easier like that on slower stages such as Joux Verte as it meant that the handbrake wasn't needed for hairpins - I just had to steer and would swing round. Its going to take some more practise before I get used to this new controller.
Anyway, good to see you back Bruce. Sorry about my non-finish at the last round - hopefully I'll be back on the next one!

MrMetro
25th January 2011, 20:34
anybody know if this joypad would work for RBR on PC? http://www.amazon.co.uk/Xbox-360-Wired-Controller-WINDOWS/dp/B000BK4C80/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1295987604&sr=8-2

pettersolberg29
25th January 2011, 20:43
I see no reason why it wouldn't. However if its anything like a PS3 controller it takes a while to calibrate the analog stick and the RB/LB buttons.

Bruce D
27th January 2011, 05:42
Unfortunately I won't be finding the time to do this event. I'm away from tomorrow until Monday and I won't get a chance to drive the stages.

pettersolberg29
27th January 2011, 14:54
Event finished, and it was the most fun event I have ever done. I went out with one mission - to set several PBs and just go for it and see what happens. Here is a stage-by-stage report:
SS1 - I really pushed as I know this stage well, and it was going well up the hairpins and through the village however I cut a corner too fine near the end and had a spin, losing 5s. Not a great start but felt I had a good rhythm.
SS2 - Went well up the hairpins again, however had a large spin on the top of the mountain and was 15s down at the 2nd split, however a storming run down the mountain let me finish within 3s of my PB - that looked good on the replay.
SS3 - Went well again, got a good, smooth rhythm however slid off the side of the road and lost 10s. Interested to se how fast I could have gone without these stupid mistakes...
SS4 - Took a mature view and finished the stage without incident, but without pace either so not great.
SS5 - First clean, fast stage and set a good time. The replay was fun to watch.
SS6 - Finished the stage with an average time as I got stuck behind a bush when I cut a hairpin too fine. The rain was also an issue with poor visibility.
SS7 - The rain really hit me here on the top of the Col with a massive 5th gear spin due to sliding a bit wide - think Bouffier on Monte Carlo! Lost a lot of time but managed to drive on...
SS8 - First big incident - had to call for help after sliding down a bank and getting stuck. Disappointing after all my previous lucky escapes.
SS9 - Really pushed here to try and make up for SS8, but I hit the barrier on the top of the Col AGAIN and also a tree downhill on a hairpin!

Overall a good rally despite the incidents - no idea on my pace as without the crashes it was rapid, but I will lose a lot I'm sure!

tannat
27th January 2011, 16:06
Thanks for the thorough report, PS29 :up:

NeverKnow
30th January 2011, 16:46
I have finished the event. It was a fun event though I did struggled little bit in the wet, especially at the hairpins (couldn't get any grip at all). Overall I didn't had major incidents but I had few small ones.
Like on the second stage I had a long slide in the high speed section but luckily didn't crash. On SS4 I struggled with grip at the start of the stage. Tires didn't quite work and were unresponsive. About 1/3 in they started to work. I had the same problem on SS6 and SS7 but weirdly not on SS5.
On SS8 I didn't made any mistakes but I was 2-3 seconds slower per split than on my practice run, don't know what happened there.

NeverKnow
31st January 2011, 11:25
Picture gallery (http://s274.photobucket.com/albums/jj267/t6nns/Mod%20Free%20Championship%20-%20Round%206/) from my rally and onboards from SS2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qS1jevetlQ)and SS6 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6u5Sdmfcng).

tannat
31st January 2011, 16:37
Thanks for the report, Neverknow, complete with photos and onboards :up:

Will do my own rally tonight and have results tomorrow...

tannat
1st February 2011, 12:08
Completed my rally..

With only three competitors I knew I couldn't do any better (or worse) than third in this lofty group, so I used the rally as a test session.

Made some big errors, including a superally on the final stage of day 1, but by the end of the event I was at the point where I could drive very aggressively with the Hyundai on tarmac.

Results in 8 hours...

tannat
1st February 2011, 19:33
Guys-something big has fallen onto my plate today at work.

Results tomorrow...

tannat
2nd February 2011, 19:35
Rally Catalunya Got off to a resounding start with both PS29 and Neverknow tied for fastest time on SS1! NeverKnow edged a minute lead on SS2 with just over .7 seconds in hand, but finished the day with a good run on SS3 going to parc ferme with an 11+ second lead over the Peugeot of PS29.

Tannat had an anonymous day until SS3 with a high speed crash on Bisanne. His crew was able to repair the car to run on Day 2.

http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh15/tannatmadiran/Leg1-3.jpg

tannat
2nd February 2011, 20:31
Day two was a sweep of stages by PS29, assuming the lead of the rally after SS4 and increasing his lead to over 1 minute by the days end. NeverKnow had a comfortable lead in second over a struggling Tannat in the Hyundai in 3rd.

http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh15/tannatmadiran/Leg2-3.jpg
http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh15/tannatmadiran/After6.jpg

tannat
2nd February 2011, 20:38
Neverknow attacked on the final day of the rally, taking two stage wins out of three, but it wasn't enough as PS29 took the win by not quite a minute over Neverknow. Tannat finished his frustrating rally in a solid third (and last) place... :D

http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh15/tannatmadiran/Final-1.jpg
http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh15/tannatmadiran/Leg3-3.jpg

tannat
2nd February 2011, 20:41
After 5 rounds

Driver's Championship

1-PS29-------------60 (6 wins)
2-NeverKnow-------48
3-Tannat-----------34
4-Neil J-------------17
5-LCD--------------12
6-SteveSpackman---5
7-BruceD------------4
7-Frozzy------------4

Manufacturer's Championship

1-Peugeot----------60 (6 wins)
2-Citroen-----------27
3-Subaru-----------34
4-Mitsubishi---------24
5-Hyundai-----------15
6-Toyota-----------12

Next round: Australia February 14-21

Interest is clearly diminishing, but as long as there are three competitors I'll declare a round official.

Thanks for participating!

NeverKnow
3rd February 2011, 09:42
Congrats to ps29 for the win!
Thanks you tannat for organising this event and I will definitely participate in the next rally.

pettersolberg29
3rd February 2011, 16:04
I will be back again too. Great rally - starting to love tarmac! Amazed by the closeness on some stages and it bodes well for the next RBR MFCup

Neil J
4th February 2011, 15:53
Whoops . . I`ve been a bit busy lately and I`m sorry to have missed this round, I`m not that good on tarmac anyway but I really do enjoy driving the stages.

Hopefully I`ll be back in for the next round :)