PDA

View Full Version : IRC TV coverage by Eurosport

Sulland
18th January 2011, 11:46
This deserve it own thread.
This looks very interesting, and we might learn a thing or two on what driving style is quickest.

http://www.rallye-info.com/article.asp?stid=9130

OT:
Facts on MC: http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/17012011/58/rallye-monte-carlo-fact-box.html

18th January 2011, 13:23
Image WRC with this level of coverage! Should be amazing tomorrow

urabus-denoS2000
19th January 2011, 20:40
Links with coverages online ? Missed SS3 and SS4 ....

bluuford
19th January 2011, 21:46
Well. I was really disappointed on Eurosport today. I have paid for their player subscription since Scotland and was happy so far. But today.. I was able to see only 5 minutes of second stage. It kept on disappearing all the time and there was no joy to watch it (you see 10 seconds and then in cuts of says that there is internal error). I have the fastest possible internet and ok computer and I have not had any problems before. So, I was so angry on Eurosport that I decided to skip the last stage and go out with my wife and eat the dinner :-P
Otherwise, those parts that work were pure gold. That made me even more angry, because I knew what I missed .-P

Barreis
19th January 2011, 22:29
Image WRC with this level of coverage! Should be amazing tomorrow

+1

Mitch555
21st January 2011, 12:41
Fantastic coverage, highlight (other than live) has been the Simulcam, which totally beats the virtual spectator WRC has! Also if anyone has a recording of the first live broadcast of day 2 (SS5/6) in English, I would really like to get a hold of it!

cali
21st January 2011, 15:19
I'm very happy with Eurosport coverage, they have improved a lot from last year as well. I know it's not perfetct yet, but I'll take it anytime and it's been fantastic couple days of Monte Carlo rally.

And I'm actually very satisfied with commentators as well, yes they do mistakes, but at the same time they are very entertaining and feels like both guys are enjoyng it a lot. Good atmosphere in commentators booth and for me it works.

Wish we would have that kind of coverage in WRC as well.

Barreis
21st January 2011, 16:14
+1

mm1
21st January 2011, 16:39
+1

HaCo
21st January 2011, 17:11
Yep, saw the last (most important) stage last night AND will watch 4 stages this evening.

SUPER coverage!

Fast Eddie WRC
21st January 2011, 17:13
I lost all sound for the final stage Friday - otherwise great coverage.

Friday was the REAL Monte :)

dimviii
21st January 2011, 18:21
I'm very happy with Eurosport coverage, they have improved a lot from last year as well. I know it's not perfetct yet, but I'll take it anytime and it's been fantastic couple days of Monte Carlo rally.

And I'm actually very satisfied with commentators as well, yes they do mistakes, but at the same time they are very entertaining and feels like both guys are enjoyng it a lot. Good atmosphere in commentators booth and for me it works.

Wish we would have that kind of coverage in WRC as well.
+1000

andreydh
22nd January 2011, 10:53
Live Eurosport coverage
http://fileserve.com/list/MV2BCvV

Rally Hokkaido
22nd January 2011, 11:39
Anreydh,
Thanks for this link!

noel157
22nd January 2011, 20:50
Coverage and commentary (English version) was very good, especially the ex rally guy (Coley?). Simulcam, from what we saw, looks excellent. Much better than the WRC cartoon version.

mousti
24th January 2011, 14:47
Coverage and commentary (English version) was very good, especially the ex rally guy (Coley?). Simulcam, from what we saw, looks excellent. Much better than the WRC cartoon version.
Is this WRC their response on Simulcam? :D Coincidence or not? :D

RS
20th March 2012, 21:03
New "Inside IRC" programme starts tonight at midnight CET, Eurosport 1 and Eurosport HD.