PDA

View Full Version : New Hampshire

champcarray
13th January 2011, 16:48
We have our grandstand tickets for Sunday, August 14. Does anyone know what else is planned for the weekend? I'm used to making IndyCar races into three-day events and spending lots of time in the paddock, but NHMS is only selling race-day tickets for now.

nigelred5
14th January 2011, 02:21
From what I've seen, its pretty hard to make a three day weekend out of an indycar event unless Its a combined weekend with ALMS OR ITS A GOOD TRACK in a good location with alot to do. I can only sit around the camp for so long.

NaBUru38
19th January 2011, 16:37
Besides IndyCar, the Indy Lights will be racing there, not so the Star Mazda, USF2000 or any of the three USAC national championships.

MDS
20th January 2011, 01:19
I spent three days camping with Dad at Barber last year and wanted to kill him by the end of it.... We'll see how it works again this year.

Buy paddock passes, seriously, whatever they cost its worth it.

Otto-Matic
21st January 2011, 13:47
can not wait! i live under an hour from Loudon. i was lucky enough to go to the first two CART races there in '92 and '93. my dada took me, still remember it like it was yesterday. Also went to the '96 and 97 IRL races. after they left the only way i could see Indycar in person was either going to Indianapolis for the 500 (not complaining btw :) or Watkins Glen.
for Loudon i'm just getting a one day ticket w/paddock pass. however for Baltimore, the old man and me have the 3 day pass w/paddock pass. sitting in grandtsnad #7 with the inner harbor to our backs, can see the entire front stretch, first turn and side. This will be the first time since I was a kid that i've gone to more than one IC race in the same season :)

Mark in Oshawa
25th January 2011, 17:02
Lots of people who love ovals and who have WHINED about the lack of ovals in Indycars over the years now have a fresh start at one of the best ones for this series.

I hope they do well there...some of the best racing I have ever seen, and when I finally really grasped the art of oval racing was watching Nigel and PT go at it there in 92....just a huge battle as the two of them ripped through the field passing three wide here and there...

Steve-o
4th February 2011, 00:28
I hope they do well there...some of the best racing I have ever seen, and when I finally really grasped the art of oval racing was watching Nigel and PT go at it there in 92....just a huge battle as the two of them ripped through the field passing three wide here and there...

That was an outstanding race. If memory serves, I took my father to that one. I believe the year after the three Penske cars were on a different level, as they diced thru traffic as well. Looking forward to '11 myself.

nigelred5
4th February 2011, 12:39
I'm excited to see the big dogs back on the New Hampshire. It's still pretty flat but I'm curious to see how the racing will be since the track has been changed with the progressive banking since Indycars last ran there. Three wide was nothing for the champcars on the original configuration.

champcarray
4th February 2011, 16:23
We attended all 4 of the CART races at NHMS. Some of our favorite memories aren't the racing action, they are from Fridays, Saturdays, and post-race Sundays spent wandering the paddock. Memories like chatting with Arie Luyendyck after the day's activities had wrapped up. And watching Bobby Rahal teased mercilessly by another team's crew after he experienced yet another Honda engine implosion in '94 (Honda's first year in CART was not pretty!). I hope we can have access to the paddock this year, too.