PDA

View Full Version : Can't Wait! *Pointless Post Warning*

olschl
28th December 2010, 03:03
Being somewhat new to the WRC by comparison to most here, I can't tell you how excited I am about the upcoming season. I first started following the WRC full-time in the middle of the 2009 but did make the effort at that time to get some perspective on the sport by watching the 2008 season. When I first stared watching WRC, I had no idea how dominant Sebastien Loeb was, so for me the 2009 season was incredible! Since that time, I have used the internet to avail myself of every FIA season-end review since 1984 and have watched the entire series at least 4 times and feel I have come to know the sport fairly well. Most apparent to me are the pivotal moments in the sport that seem to happen every decade or so and it appears we are about to experience the next one! Can Citroën's stranglehold be broken? Will Petter ride into his WRC sunset a hero? Will Yarri-Matti assert himself as the new king? Can Loeb declare his dominance on the new WRC car? I know I will be following as closey as I can here in the U.S. and envy those of you in locales in which you can go to these events in person. Dakar Rally, Monte Carlo, Sweden, let's do this thing!

P.S. Flame away N.O.T., I have my Nomex suit on!

N.O.T
28th December 2010, 08:34
I need to hire a good P.R manager (a Finnish one).... people have the wrong ideas about me....

welcome to the sport....it requires far bigger dedication when you come from a country that has no exposure to it whatsoever.

Livewireshock
28th December 2010, 12:54
I can understand your passion and your feeling. It is good that the sport is able to reach out to non-traditional rally fans like yourself. I think the sport needs to concentrate on modern technologies to deliver our beloved sport to places and people that we can not physically go.

Now I hope you can save up those pennies and get to the WRC Rally of Mexico. To see it live and in the flesh will be worth all of the effort. Just over $400 airfares from Tulsa to Leon, I see. So not too bad.

2011 will be an interesting year with new cars and new drivers. In someways a clean slate for all. Many surprises will be had, I am sure. Question marks are everywhere.

Rallyper
28th December 2010, 13:02
I recommend you to visit Finland (NORF). THE rally of all rallies.

If you go there we will all help you to get out the best of the visit. ;)