PDA

View Full Version : Swrc 2011

Jaanus
23rd December 2010, 09:05
The most important support championsip in WRC will continue to be SWRC and hopefully we will see lots of interesting competitors. So far we have atleast 4 drivers confirmed:

Juha Hänninen - Red Bull Skoda team - Skoda Fabia
Hermann Gassner Jr - Red Bull Skoda team - Skoda Fabia
Bernardo Sousa - Team Ford/Quanta de Lorde - Ford Fiesta
Ott Tänak - ? - ?

N.O.T
23rd December 2010, 09:23
not very impressive to be honest....Hanninen can win against those people with his hands tied to his legs and his head in a grocery bag...

of course there is always the possibility to pull a ketomaa come second in a 1 horse race.

cali
23rd December 2010, 09:38
not very impressive to be honest....Hanninen can win against those people with his hands tied to his legs and his head in a grocery bag...

of course there is always the possibility to pull a ketomaa come second in a 1 horse race.

Nostradamus has spoken ...

urabus-denoS2000
23rd December 2010, 12:41
Hanninen can win against those people with his hands tied to his legs and his head in a grocery bag...

I'm preety confident I would be faster than him in those conditions ;)

Mirek
23rd December 2010, 13:43
The most important support championsip in WRC will continue to be SWRC and hopefully we will see lots of interesting competitors. So far we have atleast 4 drivers confirmed:

Juha Hänninen - Red Bull Skoda team - Skoda Fabia
Ott Tänak - ? - ?

Prokop is almost sure too. I guess Brynildsen will continue as well.

Jaanus
23rd December 2010, 14:14
Juho Hänninen - Red Bull Skoda team - Skoda Fabia
Ott Tänak - ? - ?
Martin Prokop - ? - Ford Fiesta
Eyvind Brynildsen - ? - ?

Allar
23rd December 2010, 14:22
im 100% sure that Tänak uses Fiesta. The one MM-Motorsport got from Katap racing.

alleskids
23rd December 2010, 15:28
Prokop was busy testing the Mini WRCar and Fiesta WRcar. He has no plans (or budget?) to upgrade?

Allar
23rd December 2010, 22:55
Hey what about Nasser Al-Attiyah and Pons?

General Prim
24th December 2010, 08:57
Pons = Spanish Rally Championship with the Fiesta S2000

Barreis
24th December 2010, 11:21
No WRC program?

alleskids
26th December 2010, 11:57
Wil the Teams World Cup championship return also, or just the S-WRC for drivers?

Mirek
26th December 2010, 12:22
Only drivers

adr17
27th December 2010, 18:22
tanak has signed a long term contract with ford

he will be using m-sport fiesta px59 avu which was pons championship winning car the car is owned by m-sport and has been since portugal , originally owned by nupel racing but then part ex back against 01 focus . pons hired a car for the season . car currently being rebuilt for mexico.

tanak getting support but being run under mm motorsport banner

also it really annoyes me how negative people like ' NOT ' bout standards of drivers , yes it isnt as good a championship as it was 10-15 years ago but slagging people off isnt going to make it better . the wrc is a business and if people are going to pay citreon or ford £2-3 million people like malcolm are not going to turn them away

back to the swrc , i witnessed ketoma s driving this year and he is a talent no doubt if you can lead hanninen in finland for most of first day till you have car issues and are late out of service , great driver

bluuford
27th December 2010, 20:46
tanak has signed a long term contract with ford

he will be using m-sport fiesta px59 avu which was pons championship winning car the car is owned by m-sport and has been since portugal , originally owned by nupel racing but then part ex back against 01 focus . pons hired a car for the season . car currently being rebuilt for mexico.

tanak getting support but being run under mm motorsport banner

also it really annoyes me how negative people like ' NOT ' bout standards of drivers , yes it isnt as good a championship as it was 10-15 years ago but slagging people off isnt going to make it better . the wrc is a business and if people are going to pay citreon or ford £2-3 million people like malcolm are not going to turn them away

back to the swrc , i witnessed ketoma s driving this year and he is a talent no doubt if you can lead hanninen in finland for most of first day till you have car issues and are late out of service , great driver

Welcome to the forum adr17!

Dont mind about NOT. He has been always like that and will be in the future. Sometimes he is right... often he is wrong... take him as a background noise.. you know, when you drive on the tarmac with studded tires, you can hear specific noise..it is a bit annoying but you can get use to it :-P

Hartusvuori
28th December 2010, 06:22
Welcome to the forum adr17!

Dont mind about NOT. He has been always like that and will be in the future. Sometimes he is right... often he is wrong... take him as a background noise.. you know, when you drive on the tarmac with studded tires, you can hear specific noise..it is a bit annoying but you can get use to it :-P

Welcome to the forum adr17 by me as well.

And bluuford, that studded tyres analog was spot on. When you hear that noise in the middle of the summer, you just think why can't people change - their tyres or annoying characteristics - in time.

It will be interesting to see how Tänak performs in the SWRC. He for sure has the rough talent, and it also is about the time to get another Estonian name to top 10 boards. What's up with Urmo Aava by the way?

Is Markko Märtin still on Tänak's background? I saw Markko suddenly jump out of M-Sport's tent in Rally Finland's SP, perhaps he was already then talking these deals? It was by the way very odd to see how Markko blended in to the crowd at the service park, considering he still was one of the biggest names in early 2000s.

HarriK
28th December 2010, 06:35

I agree. I have been witnessed Jari's speed here in Finland in last year. Very fast and he can take risk's also if nesessary. I hope that we see him racing in WRC in 2011.

cali
28th December 2010, 09:07
Welcome to the forum adr17 by me as well.

And bluuford, that studded tyres analog was spot on. When you hear that noise in the middle of the summer, you just think why can't people change - their tyres or annoying characteristics - in time.

It will be interesting to see how Tänak performs in the SWRC. He for sure has the rough talent, and it also is about the time to get another Estonian name to top 10 boards. What's up with Urmo Aava by the way?

Is Markko Märtin still on Tänak's background? I saw Markko suddenly jump out of M-Sport's tent in Rally Finland's SP, perhaps he was already then talking these deals? It was by the way very odd to see how Markko blended in to the crowd at the service park, considering he still was one of the biggest names in early 2000s.

Aava doesn't have that big funding no more. He is running his own company and he runs the Rally Estonia project.

Markko is still backing Tänak.

tolis
29th December 2010, 10:54
Has BRR announced the SWRC rallies that Hanninen and Gassner jr will start?

ngd
30th December 2010, 16:23
Hello guys and Happy New Year,
So, can we have an early list of competitors here?

I guess:
Hanninen-Fabia
Gassner Jr.-Fabia
Sousa-Fiesta
Tanak-Fiesta
Ketomaa????-Fiesta???
Anyone else?
It seems pretty good to me..

Mirek
30th December 2010, 20:39
Prokop - Fiesta

Francis44
30th December 2010, 21:50
Bernardo Sousa is more than likely to be in SWRC next year and he would like to fight for Top 3.

RICARDO75
5th January 2011, 01:38
I found this on a french forum. I think that Al-Attiyah should anouce his program after Dakar

http://images.forum-auto.com/mesimages/536520/164312_1804367228400_1216448963_2106985_5431546_n. jpg1..jpg

5th January 2011, 07:57
Thats a pretty cool livery

MartijnS
5th January 2011, 08:41
Yes, very nice!

rallyfiend
5th January 2011, 09:05
Pirelli? Surely not....

GigiGalliNo1
5th January 2011, 10:42
Looks great! :D

Livewireshock
5th January 2011, 11:55
I found this on a french forum. I think that Al-Attiyah should anouce his program after Dakar

http://images.forum-auto.com/mesimages/536520/164312_1804367228400_1216448963_2106985_5431546_n. jpg1..jpg

Is this for the SWRC or for his MERC campaign??? He is such a busy boy.

pucky54
5th January 2011, 12:18
Pirelli? Surely not....

Why not? He can drive whatever he wants

rallyfiend
5th January 2011, 12:24
Why not? He can drive whatever he wants

Not in SWRC he can't. This is posted in an SWRC thread....

Allar
5th January 2011, 13:53
Ott Tänak calender:

Ott Tänak
year 2011

http://www.mm-motorsport.ee/MMcolor_hor.jpg

4-6.3.2011 S-WRC Mexico

6-8.5.2011 S-WRC Italy

17-19.5.2011 S-WRC Greece

29-31.7.2011 S-WRC Finland

19-21.8.2011 S-WRC Germany

30.9-2.10.2011 S-WRC France

21-23.10.2011 S-WRC Spain

no Jordan :s

Hartusvuori
5th January 2011, 14:02
^ So Ott will drive last three events on tarmac, his less prefered surface. Let's hope won't have any techical hassle early in the season so he would score solid on the gravel rallies. Anyway, it'll be interesting to see how he performs, because the raw talent is definitely there.

TheFlyingTuga
5th January 2011, 15:44

I did the design of that car, and, for what I understand this car will be runing in the SWRC! The car for MERC, I think it will be a WRC (Ford or Mini)! I read that somewhere here in the forum!

I also had a strange feeling about the Pirelli Logo, but, they told me that Pirelli is a sponsor... and I put it on the car!

Greatings from Portugal

alleskids
5th January 2011, 16:50
@ TheFlyingTuga
you did a fantastsic job. I liked the latest Barma livery on the Cyprus car, but this new one is the best I have seen in the last 15 years.

Concerning hte MERC, WRCars will not be allowed (?), but the slightly downgraded SP's.

Mirek
5th January 2011, 17:30
You are right.

TheFlyingTuga
5th January 2011, 20:36
Thank you alleskids!

I did the last year livery too!

So, no WRC in MERC next year, just SP??

dimviii
5th January 2011, 22:07
Thank you alleskids!

congrats for the livery!! one of the best for me.

cvhi
6th January 2011, 12:59
How many entries now in SWRC ?

alleskids
6th January 2011, 15:35
Juho Hänninen - Red Bull Skoda team - Skoda Fabia
Ott Tänak - MM Motorsport - Ford Fiesta
Martin Prokop -Chech Ford National Team - Ford Fiesta
Nasser Al Attiyah - Barwa WRT - Ford Fiesta
one entry for Adapta - Ford Fiesta?

maybe:
Michał Kościuszko - Dynamic - ?
Eyvind Brynildsen - ? - ?

out for 2011:
Xavier Pons> national championship
Jari Ketoma> no FCACA sponsoring anymore
Jani Touhino> national championship (Fiesta S2000) and WRC (Fiesta WRC)
Patrick Sandell> his Red Bull wings were given to Hanninen

alleskids
6th January 2011, 18:46
Thank you alleskids!

If I am correct, the only FIA championship were WRCars are allowed is the WRC. And some national series which are already allowing the old WRCars.

6th January 2011, 22:48
Can't believe Ketoma is without a drive, he's faster than atleast half of the drivers with a confirmed drive for 2011

rp
7th January 2011, 08:54
Can't believe Ketoma is without a drive, he's faster than atleast half of the drivers with a confirmed drive for 2011

Very sad situation. Only Hänninen can be faster and Jari is able to beat him. Ketomaa is doing everything to continue in the WRC, but at least he has to skip the first rounds. Hopefully he is able to secure the budget...

pantealex
7th January 2011, 18:41
Very sad situation. Only Hänninen can be faster and Jari is able to beat him. Ketomaa is doing everything to continue in the WRC, but at least he has to skip the first rounds. Hopefully he is able to secure the budget...

Jari can only skip first one (=Mexico), they have to drive 7/8 in SWRC. So hope to see him in Jordania!

Tomi
7th January 2011, 19:40
Jari can only skip first one (=Mexico), they have to drive 7/8 in SWRC. So hope to see him in Jordania!

or drive selected rallies, and do good result, should not be difficult at all.

RS
8th January 2011, 11:37
or drive selected rallies, and do good result, should not be difficult at all.

Exactly. I am sure Ketomaa has a much better profile with those who matter than Pons despite not winning the title.

FabiaFan
8th January 2011, 14:59
Exactly. I am sure Ketomaa has a much better profile with those who matter than Pons despite not winning the title. It is sooo dificult to judge Pons' results after he was so clear in the lead of the championsip... he drove very wisely (i.e. overcautiously) since then... was a clever strategy which must have lead finally to the title. If he would have given 100% (like Ketoma) every round then, he might have even lost it. So I would be veeery cautious judging Pons's performance...

Tomi
8th January 2011, 16:24
It is sooo dificult to judge Pons' results after he was so clear in the lead of the championsip... he drove very wisely (i.e. overcautiously) since then... was a clever strategy which must have lead finally to the title. If he would have given 100% (like Ketoma) every round then, he might have even lost it. So I would be veeery cautious judging Pons's performance...

Ketomaa again did not have much place for strategy, he did get the car first after Sweden, but i agree with RS, a championship in small classes does not help much if the driver is incapable to win rallies or drive in the front, lurkers and drivers who goes for only good positions get nowhere further thats for sure.
The championship would have been more important for the Chineese team to make it easier to rise budget i think, but for Ketomaa not a big issue.

EavesFan09
9th January 2011, 10:45
Does anyone know how much Jari has in funds?

Allar
12th January 2011, 14:53
Estonian driver Karl Kruuda will do SWRC in 2011 aswell.

So far:

Czech Ford National Team (CZE) Martin Prokop
Ott Tänak (EST) Ott Tänak
Barwa World Rally Team (QAT) Nasser Saleh Al-Attiyah
Team Quinta do Lorde (PRT) Bernardo Sousa
Red Bull Škoda (AUT) Juho Hanninen
ME3 Rally Team (EST) Karl Kruuda
Red Bull Škoda (AUT) Hermann Gassner

alleskids
12th January 2011, 15:17
Rees added that the Petter Solberg World Rally Team was working on a deal to run a car in the Super 2000 World Rally Championship, which gets underway on Rally Guanajuato Mexico in March.

Adapta was reporting months ago that they had secured 1 entry for the 2011SWRC, and were working on a second entry. No news about that entry?

Wasted Talent
12th January 2011, 16:32
http://www.fia.com/en-GB/mediacentre/pressreleases/wrc/2011/Pages/2011_swrc.aspx

ENTRANT/DRIVER

Some good drivers in the but it doesn't look like a classic year.........

WT

Allar
12th January 2011, 16:36
this list isnt final yet.

FabiaFan
13th January 2011, 08:48
Rees added that the Petter Solberg World Rally Team was working on a deal to run a car in the Super 2000 World Rally Championship, which gets underway on Rally Guanajuato Mexico in March.

Adapta was reporting months ago that they had secured 1 entry for the 2011SWRC, and were working on a second entry. No news about that entry?

So you can almost rely on the fact that there will be a PSWRT team in SWRC, Rees always manages to reach what he plans in the end. But for whom was this meant, who is the driver?

Adapta - I'm not sure, I haven't heard about a planned SWRC entry. And if so, Adapta isn't always as successful as PSWRT in sticking to what they are claiming.

bluuford
13th January 2011, 14:40
So you can almost rely on the fact that there will be a PSWRT team in SWRC, Rees always manages to reach what he plans in the end. But for whom was this meant, who is the driver?

Adapta - I'm not sure, I haven't heard about a planned SWRC entry. And if so, Adapta isn't always as successful as PSWRT in sticking to what they are claiming.

Well, IMO there are three options, Brynildsen, Jari or someone with Peugeot 207 (well, PSWRT is using PSA products).

alleskids
13th January 2011, 15:39
Well, IMO there are three options, Brynildsen, Jari or someone with Peugeot 207 (well, PSWRT is using PSA products).

I don't thing that Citroen engineers woud allow a S2000 Ford near their car in the serivce arae, with Ford enigneers closely looking at the Fiesta, but also spying the DS3 WRCar :) . So the S-WRCar has to be a Peugeot, or a "neutrale"' car, like a Skoda, Grande Punto or a Proton, bur defenitly no Ford :) .

mousti
13th January 2011, 15:57
I don't thing that Citroen engineers woud allow a S2000 Ford near their car in the serivce arae, with Ford enigneers closely looking at the Fiesta, but also spying the DS3 WRCar :) . So the S-WRCar has to be a Peugeot, or a "neutrale"' car, like a Skoda, Grande Punto or a Proton, bur defenitly no Ford :) .
U could split the 2 car teams the PS DS3 WRC with Citroen, and somewhere else they work on their Fiesta S2000 car or other S2000.

alleskids
13th January 2011, 16:49
Does PSWRT enough engineers to service 2 cars om 2 different parts of the serive area. will they then need to have 2 team trucks?

MJW
13th January 2011, 16:50
The engineering and mechanics for the DS3 come from Citroen Sport.

ProRally
13th January 2011, 17:29
The engineering and mechanics for the DS3 come from Citroen Sport.

Mechanics maybe yes, but Petter works with FX as engineer....
I think he will keep on doing that.

MJW
13th January 2011, 18:25
And before Petter FX was engineer with Citroen Sport Technologies, so I would expect FX to return to the PSA family, remember FX with Peugeot?

bluuford
18th January 2011, 11:16
It looks like Karl Kruuda is going to use Fabia S2000 serviced by JM Engineering. He tested one of their cars in Southern Estonia. There is short story in Estonian as well: http://www.ruudulipp.ee/karl-kruuda-testis-skoda-fabia-s2000-autot.html

Mirek
18th January 2011, 20:04

It's interesting that Henning's Fiesta is in Monte Carlo under PSWRT while Petter is in PH Sport.

FabiaFan
18th January 2011, 20:50
RE: It looks like Karl Kruuda is going to use Fabia S2000...

...good news! ;-)

alleskids
18th January 2011, 21:39
It's interesting that Henning's Fiesta is in Monte Carlo under PSWRT while Petter is in PH Sport.

interesting news :) . PSWRT is gathering experience for their S-WRC advanture. I hope the S-WRC driver with PSWRT will be a big name, to challange Hanninen, Prokop and Al Attiyah.

TheFlyingTuga
22nd January 2011, 17:09
I put my money on Eyvind Brynildsen for PSWRT!!!

Sulland
5th February 2011, 09:14
How does the SWRC list look like today, has drivers signed on or off since last post

http://www.fia.com/en-GB/mediacentre/pressreleases/wrc/2011/Pages/2011_swrc.aspx

ENTRANT/DRIVER

Some good drivers in the but it doesn't look like a classic year.........

WT

MJW
5th February 2011, 22:26
How does the SWRC list look like today, has drivers signed on or off since last post

Yet again evidence that 2 championships taking drivers from each other is not a good thing. Whilst I expect Brynildsen to be added to the SWRC as Sandell said IRC is where the competition lies for S2000 cars this year. Imagine the likes of Hanninen, Al Attayah, PG, Wilks, Sandell, Loix, Kopecky Gardemeister, Atko, Mikkelsen etc all in the same championship, even if it was in Division 2 (SWRC) of the WRC or if Prokop, Tanak, would go IRC. Now that would be a good championship!

Mirek
5th February 2011, 22:29
The problem of SWRC is that it's still only supporter championship which doesn't attract many drivers because You are always just some addition to WRC and Your victories are only something like winning a class. You can never win the rally overall and take the media interest.

PLuto
6th February 2011, 01:18
And second problem of SWRC is money (better to say, start on SWRC is more expensive than on IRC event).

alleskids
6th February 2011, 09:04
The backbone for the IRC are the national importers. Peugeot (France, Belgium, UK, Portugal) and Skoda (UK, Belgium, Sweden, Motorsport) are very generous to talented drivers who want to do te ful championship. What makes them to be so generous and loyal in IRC and what prevents them for being so in SWRC? It is the costs, the athmoshere or that they feel not being taken seriues bij the FIA in (S)WRC?

Mirek
6th February 2011, 10:33
In my opinion it's mostly the problem I named before. In IRC they can win rallies overall. Every sponsor wants to be as much visible as possible.

bluuford
6th February 2011, 10:51
And second problem of SWRC is money (better to say, start on SWRC is more expensive than on IRC event).

Yes, in SWRC they have to pay registration fee for all 7 events right when they register to the championship. that is pretty big amount and big risk. In IRC you can do one round, collect some money for the next and etc. If you cannot make 7 rounds in IRC then nothing happens.. you are just a bit handicapped in terms of championship.

So, practically the level for the fight for the title is pretty similar in IRC and SWRC but in IRC each round might have more competitors. Final number of the drivers who compete for the whole championship (at least 7 rounds) is not too different.. or you never know before the end of season;-).

Walach
6th February 2011, 11:07
Another difference is TV publicity. For example, Martin Prokop was in the first leg of the Cyprus Rally on TV longer than in a whole SWRC season...

alleskids
6th February 2011, 12:07
[quote="bluuford"]Yes, in SWRC they have to pay registration fee for all 7 events right when they register to the championship. that is pretty big amount and big risk. In IRC you can do one round, collect some money for the next and etc. If you cannot make 7 rounds in IRC then nothing happens.. you are just a bit handicapped in terms of championship. [quote]

It sucks that PG Andersson lost any change of the title in 2010 because an other driver failed to appear in Rally Japan for PG's team. In IRC PG would still challange for the title, but in WRC he is inmediatly disqualified.

MJW
7th February 2011, 20:41
http://www.rallymexico.com/Official/EntryListAcceptedMx11.pdf
OK - I know its far away for us Euro centric WRC people but not many in SWRC.

Barreis
7th February 2011, 20:49
Bad quality of S2000 cars..
http://forums.autosport.com/index.php?showtopic=142119&st=1560

DonJippo
7th February 2011, 22:13
Another difference is TV publicity. For example, Martin Prokop was in the first leg of the Cyprus Rally on TV longer than in a whole SWRC season...

I take you mean in terms of minutes? How about in terms of viewers?

Andre Oliveira
7th February 2011, 23:00

17 M-Sport Stobart Ford WRT
Evgeny NOVIKOV RUS
Stephane PRÉVOT B
Fiesta RS WRC

Mirek
7th February 2011, 23:56
I take you mean in terms of minutes? How about in terms of viewers?

Here in CZ very few people have Motors TV but almost everyone has Eurosport. WRC is not broadcasted anywhere on TV, only some reports after the event in national TV rallymagazine and on one not largely popular paid motoring channel but that is same for IRC. Normal channels ignore rallying at all (except fatal accidents). So here IRC really has much higher TV publicity than WRC.

uranium
8th February 2011, 09:03
Same in Ukraine. We have Eurosport 1 and 2, somebody has HD, but no Motors TV or ESPN at all :(

pantealex
8th February 2011, 13:26

No Gassner and Sousa in SWRC Mexico

br21
8th February 2011, 15:55
same situation in Poland, so surely a lot more publicity and viewers for IRC than WRC

tolis
15th March 2011, 21:35
Estonian driver Karl Kruuda will do SWRC in 2011 aswell.

So far:

So, 10 entries in SWRC 2011!!! We can add in the first 7, Eyvind Brynildsen (Skoda Fabia S2000), Frigyes Turan (Ford Fiesta S2000) and Albert Llovera (Fiat Punto S2000).

alleskids
16th March 2011, 18:12
Brynildsen with Petter Solberg Engineering?

tolis
17th March 2011, 09:39
Final entries for 2011 announced: http://www.fia.com/en-GB/mediacentre/pressreleases/wrc/2011/Pages/wrc-s2000.aspx

N.O.T
17th March 2011, 09:53
i hope the FIA cancels all of these useless championships one day.... they offer nothing apart from some tourists the opportunity to claim they won something in their pathetic careers.... Only hanninen and Tanak have something to show but still 2 drivers are not a good excuse to have a whole championship for.

uranium
17th March 2011, 10:09
i hope the FIA cancels all of these useless championships one day.... they offer nothing apart from some tourists the opportunity to claim they won something in their pathetic careers.... Only hanninen and Tanak have something to show but still 2 drivers are not a good excuse to have a whole championship for.

To be honest, how many drivers are really drivers? We can't count too much.
C'est la vie. The autosport is very expensive sport, and money rules. That's it. A lot of tallented drivers don't have money to drive, but a lot of wallets are just relaxing using WRC, IRC, ERC etc as method of extremal weekend.
Let's compare to other sports. Everything except autosport you must go step by step from the very beginning. You must win regional championship, then national, then you can be choosen to be part of national team on Euro champ e.g. And only then you can go to World level.
Nobody e.g. in box stand in front of Klichko just because he has a lot of money ;-)
But in autosport, doesn't matter rally, F1, you have money - you can run immediatelly in WRC car.
How can it be changed? I don't know...

urabus-denoS2000
17th March 2011, 10:35
The list is quite good in quality , with great drivers like Juho , Tanak , Al-Attiyah , Prokop and Brydnilssen ( people , watch out for Gassner ;) )

In terms of quantity however ... :(

N.O.T
17th March 2011, 11:22
Nobody e.g. in box stand in front of Klichko just because he has a lot of money ;-)

actually it does...the cancellation of the Chisora fight and the possibility for him to fight Haye happened because a lot more money will be involved in the haye fight...

but indeed motorsports are ruled by money and rich boys...how many favela kids have you seen succeed in motorsport ? but in rallying we do not have any kind of filtering system so everybody can compete from the useless one, the talented one and the fast local with the illegal recce one. we need superlicence at least for competition in the WRC/IRC which again is about money but hardly a rich kid will pay such an amount to enter WRC and will only do local village events, so at least we keep the majority of the garbage out and our brains hurt less.

N.O.T
17th March 2011, 11:23
The list is quite good in quality , with great drivers like Juho , Tanak , Al-Attiyah , Prokop and Brydnilssen ( people , watch out for Gassner ;) )

In terms of quantity however ... :(

quality al attiyah, prokop, brydnilssen should never be used in the same sentence.

urabus-denoS2000
17th March 2011, 11:36
quality al attiyah, prokop, brydnilssen should never be used in the same sentence.

I don't agree , you can't really say they are bad drivers can you ? I think they are not at Juho's level ( even though , Mexico proved differently.... ;) ) but they are very good drivers . Perfect to fight for the top of WRC 2nd league ;)

N.O.T
17th March 2011, 13:18
no they are not 2nd league....they are c class maximum. especially Al attyiah and prokop.

cali
17th March 2011, 13:38
no they are not 2nd league....they are c class maximum. especially Al attyiah and prokop.
A matter of your personal subjective opinion ... the fact is that Al-Attiyah has been PWRC champ and showed his speed in recent Rally Mexico.
To me he is fast enough

N.O.T
17th March 2011, 13:39
you have a bit low standards...but its ok...most people are that way.

RS
17th March 2011, 13:48
A matter of your personal subjective opinion ... the fact is that Al-Attiyah has been PWRC champ and showed his speed in recent Rally Mexico.
To me he is fast enough

Many people have been pWRC Champ. It is usually a fast track to nowhere.

Regarding Al Attiyah, he may not be the best but I think he is better than many of the people who have bought themselves shiny new WRCar drives this year.

cali
17th March 2011, 13:48
you have a bit low standards...but its ok...most people are that way.
Like I said before - a matter of your own personal subjective opinion. Again! :s mokin:

Mirek
17th March 2011, 17:32
i hope the FIA cancels all of these useless championships one day....

Than we would have really great WRC events with 20 cars. For who would it be better, for You? Thanks, I don't want that.

N.O.T
17th March 2011, 18:32
i put quality over quantity... the WRC should have the best in its, ranks if you want numbers and flashy cars with no substance there are village events for that.

cali
17th March 2011, 18:36
i put quality over quantity... the WRC should have the best in its, ranks if you want numbers and flashy cars with no substance there are village events for that.
Please follow that trend in your posts as well - more quality, less quantity. It's the opposite at the moment :laugh:

Mirek
17th March 2011, 18:39

Hmm and how does the rest behind the top change the quality of the top? If there is 10 top drivers and 90 others how does the quality of the top differ from event where there is top 10 drivers and no-one else apart of the fact that spectators on stages have hardly something to watch on Sunday?

Barreis
17th March 2011, 18:41
I like Pons's last year's work. Where's he this year?

pucky54
17th March 2011, 19:08
I like Pons's last year's work. Where's he this year?

Spanish championship

Barreis
17th March 2011, 19:09
Still fiesta s2000?

tolis
17th March 2011, 19:23
Yes

Munkvy
17th March 2011, 22:35
I think perhaps some people are missing the point? SWRC and PWRC are there for people who can't afford to be in the WRC. Or perhaps don't want to be?

Yes they in theory could be seen as a feeder series before going to the WRC. But realistically as has been mentioned, anyone can join the WRC if they have the money. So its more a chance to compete internationally cheaper and still get recognised worldwide, as well as to get sufficient exposure to that level of competition. I seriously don't see many people go into the PWRC or SWRC genuinely expecting to get picked up and put in a WRC team as a result of their performance. That just doesn't happen often anymore. Sure there is an outside chance, but not very likely! And who would expect that they would be able to garner enough sponsors for the WRC based on how they have performed at the lower level first? Again, relatively unlikely.

The way I see it, you need tiers below the top level for those that can't afford or don't want to be competing at the very top level... So whats wrong with doing those classes and winning them, perhaps several times? Sure you may never progress to the top level, but not all of them will necessarily be able to anyway.

And NOT, just how good a driver are you? When was the last time you won a national event, let alone an international event? As you seem to love bagging everyone else as being useless. But really who are you to critizise everyone else unless you have been there and done that yourself? (Of course I am happy to be corrected if you do actually have some skill and experience, but I would be a bit surprised!).

Vivian

Camelopard
18th March 2011, 01:10
I think perhaps some people are missing the point? SWRC and PWRC are there for people who can't afford to be in the WRC. Or perhaps don't want to be?

Yes they in theory could be seen as a feeder series before going to the WRC. But realistically as has been mentioned, anyone can join the WRC if they have the money. So its more a chance to compete internationally cheaper and still get recognised worldwide, as well as to get sufficient exposure to that level of competition. I seriously don't see many people go into the PWRC or SWRC genuinely expecting to get picked up and put in a WRC team as a result of their performance. That just doesn't happen often anymore. Sure there is an outside chance, but not very likely! And who would expect that they would be able to garner enough sponsors for the WRC based on how they have performed at the lower level first? Again, relatively unlikely.

The way I see it, you need tiers below the top level for those that can't afford or don't want to be competing at the very top level... So whats wrong with doing those classes and winning them, perhaps several times? Sure you may never progress to the top level, but not all of them will necessarily be able to anyway.

And NOT, just how good a driver are you? When was the last time you won a national event, let alone an international event? As you seem to love bagging everyone else as being useless. But really who are you to critizise everyone else unless you have been there and done that yourself? (Of course I am happy to be corrected if you do actually have some skill and experience, but I would be a bit surprised!).

Vivian

Why not put 'not' on ignore, that is what many seem to do here and that way the troll gets less feeding...... eventually he may give up, well we can all hope!

Left click on his username, then click "view profile" then click on "http://www.motorsportforums.com/forums/images/site_icons/ignore.png Add to Ignore List (http://www.motorsportforums.com/forums/profile.php?do=addlist&userlist=ignore&u=110797)" then click 'yes'.

If you really want to read what he has posted after 'ignoring' him then you can still click on the 'view post' part, as per the following example.

Munkvy
18th March 2011, 02:05
You make a good point Camelopard but I am not concerned by him, just curious as to what is wrong with him! Ie is he judging based on him being some expert or is he another armchair bullsh*t artist?http://www.motorsportforums.com/forums/member.php?96524-Camelopard

Camelopard
18th March 2011, 03:41
You make a good point Camelopard but I am not concerned by him, just curious as to what is wrong with him! Ie is he judging based on him being some expert or is he another armchair bullsh*t artist?

It would seem to me that he is the latter......... ;)

pino
18th March 2011, 06:20
Less personal comments and more rallying please...thank you :)

uranium
18th March 2011, 08:45

Probably PWRC is a bit cheaper, but SWRC and WRC in therm of price are very close. Who can afford SWRC can afford WRC as well. Am I right?

Mirek
18th March 2011, 10:17
No, that's still huge difference especially because of number of event.

uranium
18th March 2011, 10:18
No, that's still huge difference especially because of number of event.

Agree. But price of one event in WRC in SWRC are quite similiar, yes?

Bobcat
18th March 2011, 11:20
@sbrytskyy No.

Barreis
18th March 2011, 11:34
S2000 is much closer with prices to S1600 five years ago (Power team clio s1600 for WRC event was about 50000 euros). Focus wrc (Ramsport) 4 years ago was about 90000 GBP/WRC event as an old car.

Mirek
18th March 2011, 11:56
@sbrytskyy No.

True. I don't know exact cost of SWRC round but in IRC it's around 40-60 thousand Euro for an event with good S2000 (in SWRC it's for sure more). With WRC it's around 200 thousand Euro I think.

N.O.T
18th March 2011, 15:47

Vivian

not good at all...

Let me ask you something now....have you ever won a local election as a member of the parliament ? have you even ever put your name down in order to be elected even at the very local level of authority in your village/town/city ?

then you have absolutely no right to judge any kind of political action in your country....according to your logic

bye.

Ciko
7th April 2011, 19:00
Livery of Frigyes Turan:
http://www.duen.hu/hirek/turan_frici_design_2011

Barreis
7th April 2011, 19:29
Shame he's not in WRC car..

bluuford
7th April 2011, 22:41
Livery of Frigyes Turan:
http://www.duen.hu/hirek/turan_frici_design_2011

I can see, it has Estonian registration plate. MMMotorsport team car I guess. Who is Running the car MMM?

Mirek
7th April 2011, 22:45
Yes, it is their car.

alleskids
8th May 2011, 13:16
It is an Estonian revolution in 2011 SWRC. Ott Tanak is the big surprice. Everybody, including me, was expecting a Janne Hannine taking the lead. Is it pressure, is it the BRR team not doing the perfect job that Skoda Motorsport can do in IRC? Ford Fiesta S2000 looks being the leading car in SWRC

Tanak 40 points
Kruuda 38
Prokop 27
Hanninen 36

N.O.T
8th May 2011, 13:21
Tanak deserves more...hope he has good backing.

RS
8th May 2011, 17:13
It is an Estonian revolution in 2011 SWRC. Ott Tanak is the big surprice. Everybody, including me, was expecting a Janne Hannine taking the lead. Is it pressure, is it the BRR team not doing the perfect job that Skoda Motorsport can do in IRC? Ford Fiesta S2000 looks being the leading car in SWRC

Tanak 40 points
Kruuda 38
Prokop 27
Hanninen 36

Let's see how the championship develops... It's certainly good to see a few strong drivers at the top this year. It is possible the Fiesta is slightly better than the Fabia on gravel as we have not really seen them compete much on an equal footing before.

Could be something in your comment about BRR, I'm not 100% convinced about them...

alleskids
8th May 2011, 17:39
Hanninen is sure collecting date for Volkswagen Group: what can go wrong and what can break on a Fabia S2000. I hope Juha and BRR get their act together and get on top of the SWRC.

rp
8th May 2011, 18:21

Tanak 40 points
Kruuda 38
Prokop 27
Hanninen 36

Tänak is really fast and without a doubt he has great future. His speed must have been a surprise also for Hänninen, but it seems that Fiesta might be also just a little bit better on the gravel than Fabia. On the tarmac it will be different story.

If Tänak is able to beat Juho also in Greece and in Finland it will be very tight, but in the end of the season there is three tarmac events. If Juho is able to drive without mistakes he will win all the tarmac rounds and it is enough for Juho take the title. S-WRC is very interesting this year...

pantealex
8th May 2011, 18:51
Tanak 40 points
Kruuda 38
Prokop 27
Hanninen 36
Correct points:
Prokop 40
Tänak 40
Kruuda 38
Hänninen 36

mousti
9th May 2011, 09:06
Don't think Tanak can beat Juho on his home soil :D he'll be probably very close. Tanak is a bit surprising but not very surprising he already showed some nice things last year. Estonia have some good talent pool last 10 years for a not so famous country in rallying although that has been changed since Markko I think.

Btw about SWRC I think some see it as a feeder series(probably because it's in the WRC program) for Tanak it's almost sure with his 5 year MSport contract and Kruuda too. IRC is more for the guys who can't afford WRC but still are very fast and have talent and want to show something to the world and with Eurosport coverage that goes very well. my oppinion :)

RS
9th May 2011, 16:25
Hanninen is sure collecting date for Volkswagen Group: what can go wrong and what can break on a Fabia S2000. I hope Juha and BRR get their act together and get on top of the SWRC.

Yes, I don't think the main reason for Hanninen to be in sWRC is for the title, although that is expected of him nevertheless. I guess next year he will be running with a Fabia 1.6T.

RS
12th May 2011, 11:46
The Fiesta indeed had an update last weekend; new engine spec with new cylinder head and air intake, improved dampers, new front splitter, different gear ratios and lighter windows.