PDA

View Full Version : 2007 Liveries

tin-top fan
13th March 2007, 17:19
So we have now seen the liveries for the 2007 season. Which ones do people like? Which ones do people hate? Which one do you think that you could have done a better job on? This is the place for you to discuss these things.......

tin-top fan
13th March 2007, 17:23
I have to say that the BTC lexus looks really good, as does the Arkas Sport Hatch- A really professional looking livery.
Really not sure about the Civic though...........I thought it was going to look amazing but it just seems to have something missing, really not sure what though

VkmSpouge
13th March 2007, 17:26
I like most of the liveries today. Mat Jackson's is a little bland especially after that lovely yellow SEAT last year. I also preferred the 2006 Vauxhall livery to this one. Red and green do not go well together.

I like the Kartworld MGs, the BTC Lexus, Team Dynamics has done a good job on their Honda Civic and I do like Kizilirmak's Vauxhall.

Brown, Jon Brow
13th March 2007, 17:42
I've always liked Bells BMW livery. It is traditional BMW colours.

cos
13th March 2007, 18:07
I'm not quite sure of George's... especially with the bloke on the back with his thumbs up proclaiming JAG "do great deals!!"

Robinho
13th March 2007, 18:24
all look pretty good tbh, MG's look great, i like the look of the VX's, most of the privateers have done a good job.

to me the Civic looked a bit like a liveried road car, maybe the final version will look better?

Les
13th March 2007, 18:44
not that I am biased at all but Nick Leason & Chris Stocktons Lexus is just superb

VkmSpouge
13th March 2007, 18:45
I'm not quite sure of George's... especially with the bloke on the back with his thumbs up proclaiming JAG "do great deals!!"

I like George's livery however for a brief second at first glance of the picture I thought, "Oh my god! He's brought the Peugeot along!" :D

mattie007
13th March 2007, 19:12
The Arkas Astra looked very nice. White liveries are normally bland, but they somehow pulled it off. Mind you, it goes well on that Astra.
The Mean and Green ZS's looked superb in the Xpower livery, just like the good old days!
Bell's beemer looked very professional.
The Civic was the biggest disappointment, orange just didnt suit it.
Maybe its the plain bodykit it had, but something looked missing.
Im not sure about the Vectra, the green does make it look a little odd.

m0rk
13th March 2007, 19:16
I was kinda hoping that the SEAT Sport UK livery would mimic the WTCC (by that I mean just how the front bumper is painted)

Matt's paintjob was so dull he resorted to drifting to get people to take pics :D

http://www.seatcupra.net/m0rk/temp/jackson_drifter.jpg

Captain VXR
13th March 2007, 20:07
I was kinda hoping that the SEAT Sport UK livery would mimic the WTCC (by that I mean just how the front bumper is painted)

Matt's paintjob was so dull he resorted to drifting to get people to take pics :D

http://www.seatcupra.net/m0rk/temp/jackson_drifter.jpg

That's not a very good angle but then the BMW touring car is built for not going sideways round corners. Good effort Matt :D

Andy Richards11
13th March 2007, 20:08
I'm a big fan of the TD Civic, it looks better than i imagined it would do. Now Im just looking forward to seeing everyone at Brands and watching the sparks fly!

Allyc85
13th March 2007, 20:12
my favs are the BTC lexus and the Team RAC. My worst is the vectra, it just looks wrong :(

lol btw I hope Jackson keeps the drifitng up, it looks great!

parabolic
13th March 2007, 20:16
Could someone please explain the legality of the "appendage" on the front bumper of the Vectras? Can’t see it being welcomed by the road safety lobby - not good for pedestrian impact!? I assume it will of course be seen on the roads in the uk, to satisfy homologation requirements?

LiamM
13th March 2007, 20:22
I dunno about the legality of it, but I think David Coulthard designed it!

Captain VXR
13th March 2007, 20:22
Perhaps VXRacing threw it on for the media day to cause a stir and it will be taken off for 1st April

Robinho
13th March 2007, 20:55
Could someone please explain the legality of the "appendage" on the front bumper of the Vectras? Can’t see it being welcomed by the road safety lobby - not good for pedestrian impact!? I assume it will of course be seen on the roads in the uk, to satisfy homologation requirements?

i don't think the Aero package has to be homologated, just the car itself, chassis and engine specifically, and i would assume that the bumper does form part of the aero package

personally i think the Vectra looks really good, even with the red/green combo

BDunnell
13th March 2007, 21:19
As last year, Mike Jordan's livery is really smart. The Vectra, though, is a hideous mess.

MG2004
13th March 2007, 22:09
I'm glad it's not just me who thinks the Vectra looks AWFUL !

The colours are horrible and the bits stuck on the bumpers are weird. Looks like a local primary school must have designed the car!

Rick Kerry's BMW and the Arkas Astra both looked amazingly nice and very professional. The Team RAC BMW doesn't look quite as good in the flesh as I though it would, but still looks great.

Allyc85
13th March 2007, 22:11
yea the 1 series looks very smart. Ive seen a couple of pics of it n it didnt seem to have a rear spoiler, is this so?

The mad monk
13th March 2007, 22:11
Ref Matt 'drifting'.....reasons are:we only used a TOTAL of 6 tyres all day,and the rears were pretty scrap at this time! Interestingly,WSR were throwing rubber at CT at 16:10 to ensure they went quicker than Matt.
You see,David and Goliath,however we have plenty more pace left at the moment and ran fully ballasted,just weren't prepared to throw rubber at it on a media day.
I reckon Matt did a great job,we were 3rd overall at 15:15 and decided to park it.
CH.

MG2004
13th March 2007, 22:17
Here's another view of the clown car

MG2004
13th March 2007, 22:32
yea the 1 series looks very smart. Ive seen a couple of pics of it n it didnt seem to have a rear spoiler, is this so?

Yes, no rear spoiler. Didn't notice at the time!

MBailey06
14th March 2007, 07:15
Even though I don't like the VX Racing livery, I think in time I could get used to it.

Pilfp
14th March 2007, 09:39
I like The RAC cars, and the BTC and Arkas cars looks pretty nice. But, i have to say, Adam Jones livery looks so dull, bland and unadventurous.

MBailey06
14th March 2007, 10:10
Actually, I think the Adam Jones livery is one of my favourites. Don't ask why, but I like it a lot.

CroftPilgrim
14th March 2007, 11:33
I'm in agreement with a few people on here in that BTC racing and Arkas racing look superb (I didn't think the Astra could ever look so sleek!), whilst the Civic looks odd and the Vectra awful. The back end of the Vectra looks good, but that whole red/green thing at the front doesn't work (We had the same discussions last year regarding Fiona's car I believe). They seem to have simplified the front end over last years design and it doesn't look as professional.

However, whatever we think of the Vectra's looks it was the fastest car...

Pilfp
14th March 2007, 11:36
The front of the vectra reminds me a bit of the nascar car of tommorow.

100%hondafan
14th March 2007, 11:51
john george's is intresting maybe a bit to much white but it is very nice.

jordans is superb as ever.

worst looking car has to be sibsport car so boring and also polingtons bmw.

Robinho
14th March 2007, 12:43
i don't get the animostity towards the Vectra, sure its not the prettiest car in the world, but it looks pretty mean and purposeful, like a proper race car, not like the girly Leons and Civics.

BMW's look racy too, although i still prefer the older shape car like Bell's

SEATFreak
14th March 2007, 17:49
Is there anywhere I can see more pics of the new liveries?

LiamM
14th March 2007, 17:53
Take a look at the photos on BTCC.net etc

Captain VXR
14th March 2007, 18:56
BTCCPages have a large galley too

Iain
14th March 2007, 21:25
Is that on the HMS BTCCPages.com?

Brown, Jon Brow
14th March 2007, 21:54
Here's another view of the clown car

The Vectra VXR road car has stange tuma growth on it's front bumper, but not as extreme as the BTCC car. I bet it looks good on the race tack.

http://paultan.org/wp-content/vx_VectraVXR.jpg

kali
14th March 2007, 22:33
This is what the vectra reminds me of :(

http://www.treasureislandsweets.co.uk/acatalog/product_drumstick_orig.jpg

MG2004
15th March 2007, 20:53
This is what the vectra reminds me of :(

http://www.treasureislandsweets.co.uk/acatalog/product_drumstick_orig.jpg

Quality!

(The picture, not the car!)