PDA

View Full Version : Arkas car

coxmattycox
13th March 2007, 15:59
yo guys,

well looking forwould to this season and am trying to get back into the habit of posting!

is ir just me or is the Arkas astra s2000 spec?
http://www.btccpages.com/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=1538

thought they where using the one VXR used last year?

thanks

ADnet
13th March 2007, 16:14
They are btc spec. Single locking nut wheels, and that huge rear wing. I think the white paintwork hides the profile of the wheel arch extensions... lol

Andy Mash
13th March 2007, 16:17
The astra sport hatch has a s2000 body, apart from the rear wing, last year I believe.

MG2004
13th March 2007, 22:52
The Astra looked really professionally turned out.

Very impresed.

chrisyboy
15th March 2007, 15:24
Think ther will be 2 more on the grid come Brands

Jona
15th March 2007, 18:26
Just got back from the Donington test today, and the Arkas car and Mike Jordan were there. The Arkas car had a question mark on the side windows where the usual driver name was (if I get chance later ill post a pic) In the afternoon a different driver drove the car, as I saw Erkut stood on the Pit Wall watching the car. Not sure who this was though!

ATF
15th March 2007, 18:49
It could have been more than one driver though, couldn't it? I really hope it's Paul but we'll have to wait and see...

cos
15th March 2007, 19:21
Just got back from the Donington test today, and the Arkas car and Mike Jordan were there. The Arkas car had a question mark on the side windows where the usual driver name was (if I get chance later ill post a pic) In the afternoon a different driver drove the car, as I saw Erkut stood on the Pit Wall watching the car. Not sure who this was though!

Thanks for the info - I'm sure some posters might be able to tell who the mystery driver is from the helmet design if a pic or two is posted!

The mad monk
15th March 2007, 19:57
The' best racing driver in the world'(or so he always tells everyone)was in the car.....Vergers. and he's not.

ATF
15th March 2007, 20:39
Michael Vergers? Quite a random selection, didn't expect that.

The mad monk
15th March 2007, 20:46
He has acted as a driver coach for the Turkish gentleman for a while now...
make your own minds up!

cos
15th March 2007, 20:48
He's doing Le Mans series this year so, that's two potential BTCC clashes. Wasn't he a BTCC test driver a few years back?

Jona
15th March 2007, 21:40
A couple of pics I took today at Donington test.

Jona
15th March 2007, 21:41
Mike Jordan

tdb
15th March 2007, 22:12
The' best racing driver in the world'(or so he always tells everyone)was in the car.....Vergers. and he's not.

2 championships under his belt in the last 2 years, SCSA and LMES lmp2!

And he's a much nicer guy than some other champions i could mention.

100%hondafan
15th March 2007, 23:21
i have alot of time for micheal vergers a very good driver and a very nice person.

hope he gets a drive or is he just coaching??

verge
16th March 2007, 00:24
HAHA
Its true, i do tell everybody that i am the 'best driver in the world', and why not!
Maybe its not true but i sure have a right to belive i am :)
Its always funny to read the forums occasionally.
I thought to myself, lets see what the forums mention, out of interest.
There i go, haha, i have another fan ;) Maybe 'The mad monk' knows better.
I shall try and do my best and not tell too many people, dont want to upset anyone now do i.
As for my coaching, i take offence. If you want to meet up one day i will be happy to explain in detail, but face to face, not over your keyboard.
For your information i only coached one fulltime driver last year, Dani Clos, whom won 11 F.Reanult races in a row(European/Italian) going on to win the Italian Championship and has been signed up as a RDD driver, natrually i had no influence in that.
Besides Dani, i have worked with Erkut on and off for the last 2yrs. And further for your information the power steering wasn't functioning on the ARKAS Astra and Erkut did an amazing thing to get the thing round at all! I drove the car to make sure things were working when we found out about the power steering. Thats what happens when you dont know the full story, people make assumptions.
But to leave this on a high, thank you to those that appreciate my driving and personality.
Regards
Verge (now not the best driver in the world as that title now belongs to 'Dani Clos'!!! Damm i told him too much)