PDA

View Full Version : SCSA overdue an update!

champcarjim
13th March 2007, 14:46
It has been a long time that any news has come from the Scsa camp (this aint a doom and gloom threa)

this off season is quickly going to become a champcar esq, no news is bad news?

yes everyone will be busy, but two news prints in autosport ! and few months month old website!
come on please lets not get back to the bad old days of starving fans of infomation until they turn up on race day only to find 6 cars racing around.

At least give us tit bits to go on! apart from rob, shane o'keefe and gray subject to money who else is interested or going to put out cars.

Tser
13th March 2007, 14:56
At least give us tit bits to go on! apart from rob, shane o'keefe and gray subject to money who else is interested or going to put out cars.

Who's gray?

champcarjim
13th March 2007, 15:05
car 31 duncan gray team networking, teamin up with revolution 2007

Tser
13th March 2007, 15:26
car 31 duncan gray team networking, teamin up with revolution 2007

oh yeah
thanks

Sticker Rub
13th March 2007, 16:38
this aint a doom and gloom threa
Good, glad to hear it :)

come on please lets not get back to the bad old days of starving fans of infomation until they turn up on race day only to find 6 cars racing around.
And you started out with such good intentions. Thought it was too good to last :(

Cradge Bank
13th March 2007, 17:32
A voice of sanity and reason shot down again!

turn 4 mad
13th March 2007, 18:03
It has been a long time that any news has come from the Scsa camp (this aint a doom and gloom threa)

this off season is quickly going to become a champcar esq, no news is bad news?

yes everyone will be busy, but two news prints in autosport ! and few months month old website!

Dont worry, dont worry, nothing has been placed on here at present as Duane is away on holiday at present but is due back very soon, however just because hes away doesnt mean nothings happening, we are all working hard and there is some very very good news coming which will make people happy, i know youve herd it before but wait and see.

deadsquirrel
13th March 2007, 18:44

A voice of reason might surmise that at this time, news will be released on a piece by piece basis in the weeks building up to the first event - but not starting just yet (it is over a month away)

For those who can't wait, you have a chance to see Colin White racing his National Hot Rod this weekend at Hednesford Hills (near J11/12 M6) - he's struggling a little with a new car, but giving it his all. BTW Hednesford is probably the finest 1/4 track to see these cars on.

Sticker Rub
13th March 2007, 20:22
A voice of sanity and reason shot down again!
Merely pointing out the irony

Jeff Carter
14th March 2007, 05:56
Can I say that Champcarjim is correct with his post, he makes a good point.

At this time of year championships are issuing weekly, or even daily, updates as teams and drivers sign up as the season approaches. If you haven't got any new driver or team news then produce a story on the preparations for the coming season for the website to keep it fresh.

Sorry but to say to the fans 'sorry we're too busy but please rest assured things are happening' doesn't inspire confidence and wont bring the people out for the first race.

Getting up to date information to the fans and the media is as important as preparing cars for the season. This isn't being negative, I'm just pointing out a key fact of motor racing. No information - No bums on seats!

Jeff

racing59
14th March 2007, 06:11
I'm half-way through rubbing down the old paintwork. New bright shiny yellow going on very soon.

Once the paint is done, and I get my John Bull printing set out to do the graphics, I'll post a release on here (first!).

Still looking for some sponsors (ain't we all!), but looking forward to the first round (not to mention Rookie Training)

Rob.

turn 4 mad
14th March 2007, 13:44
Sorry but to say to the fans 'sorry we're too busy but please rest assured things are happening' doesn't inspire confidence and wont bring the people out for the first race.

um no body said this did they, i cant see it.
like you jeff when you were at rockingham and went on holiday you switch off for a couple of weeks.
as for getting bums on seats- do we do what btcc are and give away the tickets for free kike yesterday at rockingham.

Chigley
14th March 2007, 14:41
T4M, I'm afraid that more or less is what was being said. There has been a dire lack of any information apart from wait and see it'll knock your socks off. Look at the SCSA site the last information on there was 17th Jan http://www.scsaracing.com/17-01-2007news.shtml

Whilst all of this doesn't bother me too much as I hear bits and pieces in the background, it is lamentable for the the ordinary enthuiast who doesn't have any means of gathering news apart from these sites.

Does the world stop because Duane is on holiday, I don't think so. Jeff is right there should be a drip feed of titbits even if its not earth shattering.

This isn't exclusive to SCSA, the Pick Up Truck site hasn't been updated since 24th Jan.

Webmasters is it time to do a little sleuthing? The hordes are hungry.

:)

champcarjim
14th March 2007, 15:26
as rockingham dont run the series no more who is actually in charge? or is it an once a month meet to decide stuff??

all I know is duane is a spokes person, who makes the decisions ??

just a observation question really! if youe contact the scsa who is the point of contact ???

Chigley
14th March 2007, 15:51
Very good questions, answers on a postcode please!

cgs
14th March 2007, 16:00
the SCSA website is updated by Ray (FilRay on the forum) who owns/runs Team Networking. so he's obviously in the loop. i think a press release would be good aswell to keep people up to date on things.

JDPower
14th March 2007, 16:50
Any plans for an SCSA (and PuT) media day?

acorn
14th March 2007, 17:40
ok, i don't know how much of this is old news(some of it was new to me) but there is a small piece in this month's short circuit mag:

a 2 car backing from the royal airforce (which i guess ties up with the airshow appearances)

so far 14 cars entered. 5 of those drivers have to pass rookie tests with another 5 interested.

rookie tests to take place on or after 26th march.

discussion are very positive (but NOT confirmed)for the entry fees to be covered with a series sponsor.

a tv deal now looks 95% likely as well.

turn 4 mad
14th March 2007, 18:01
as i work with one of the teams i know alot of what is confirmed and whats maybe, im not in a position to say anything as thats up to the bosses thats why i say wait and see.
every time i put a reply on here to a post people take it the wrong way, i dont mean to come across that way, i like everyone else on this forum is a big fan of scsa and things are happening which will be announced in due course by the right people, some very good news some may not be, time will tell. regards.

pickup
14th March 2007, 18:05
Any plans for an SCSA (and PuT) media day?

PUT office have told us there will be a press day, no cofirmed date as yet and no mention of SCSA.

acorn
14th March 2007, 18:37
......some may not be, ........

that's NOT what we want to hear. accentuate the positive.

pickup
14th March 2007, 18:52
T4M,

This isn't exclusive to SCSA, the Pick Up Truck site hasn't been updated since 24th Jan.

Webmasters is it time to do a little sleuthing? The hordes are hungry.

:)

I agree there should be something that could be reported on the PUT website just to keep people interested and coming back to see if there are updates but hey that's up to the people in charge.
The situation is slightly different from SCSA, the PUT's are more established we know give or take how many drivers there will be and again apart from a few who the drivers are so on the news front from the SCSA i feel people are more interested in updates as they wish the series to move forward and are concerned that no news is bad news.I understand what Turn4mad is trying to say but you can't keep repeating "i know things but can't say what they are" better of saying nothing, just give your boss a kick up the bum and tell him to let people know what's happening and stem any rumours before they start.
There's only a few weeks to go so come on guys give us some real news on SCSA and lets get exited about the start of the season.

Chigley
14th March 2007, 19:34
but there is a small piece in this month's short circuit mag:

I think this demonstrates the point that is being made. If whoever released this information to Short Circuit had also copied in Ray at SCSAracing then this thread wouldn't have been necessary.

JovialJooles
14th March 2007, 20:59
I think this demonstrates the point that is being made. If whoever released this information to Short Circuit had also copied in Ray at SCSAracing then this thread wouldn't have been necessary.

Yup. :dozey:

Nick Brad
15th March 2007, 09:52
ok, i don't know how much of this is old news(some of it was new to me) but there is a small piece in this month's short circuit mag:

1) a 2 car backing from the royal airforce (which i guess ties up with the airshow appearances)

2) so far 14 cars entered. 5 of those drivers have to pass rookie tests with another 5 interested.

3) rookie tests to take place on or after 26th march.

4) discussion are very positive (but NOT confirmed)for the entry fees to be covered with a series sponsor.

5) a tv deal now looks 95% likely as well.

1a) Not quite how I read it although I will check again when I get home. There was an amazing picture of an Air Force car though which would be a shame to slap numbers on it in case of spoiling it. As well as that, it did mention Shane Lynch as well as Mr Rob Compton, (take a bow,) as it was talking about the amount of charity backed cars this season.

2a) Everything I've heard and seen would suggest around 15 cars on the grid, I've never heard of a driver failing the rookie test yet. One legend driver almost did though for trying to wipe out Mark Willis' pickup with a 2 seater ASCAR after one of the 2 seaters had crashed in turn 2, (Gavin ;) )

3a) Actually taking place on 6th and 7th of April.

4a) No idea on this front for obvious reasons, but the pickups have successfully done this so I see no problems with the cars managing some kind of deal.

5a) I can't wait for that one, I really missed not seeing them on TV because I never had a chance to watch the cars when I was spotting in the pickups.

Al_Green
16th March 2007, 20:12
And an update from the Pickups now available from http://www.pickuptruckracing.com/index.php?id=32,374,0,0,1,0

Al

Al_Green
16th March 2007, 20:35
A quick flick through the entry list compared to last years championship positions tells us that...

Missing from the list are...
15 Simon Carr
88 Graham France
5 Paul Thurgood
11 Frank Francis
7 Claire Thompson
85 Malcolm Clein
95 Andrew Dance
59 Lee O'Keefe

New to the list are...
3 Julian Arnold (former Eurocar/VSR racer, can't find anything after 2002)
26 Paul Saunders (no info found?)
37 Neil Tressler (Legends last year)

Al.

Jeff Carter
16th March 2007, 20:46

um no body said this did they, i cant see it.
like you jeff when you were at rockingham and went on holiday you switch off for a couple of weeks.
as for getting bums on seats- do we do what btcc are and give away the tickets for free kike yesterday at rockingham.

Turn 4 Mad

I was trying to give you an insight into how other championships do things. I didn't mean to say that someone actually said ''sorry we're too busy but please rest assured things are happening" but that is the overall impression I get from reading the championship website and this forum. and if I'm getting that impression what is the impression given to your average punter or potential sponsor?

Have a look at the BTCC, British F3 and British GT websites and you'll see a slow but steady trickle of stories over the past couple of months. For those who don't know BTCC is http://www.btcc.net and links to the BF3 and BGT websites are in my signature.

As for free tickets, you'll find that BTCC, like British F3 and British GT, have nothing to do with ticketing for their events, that is down to the circuits.

I'm not knocking anyone here, I want SCSA to succeed as much, if not more, than the next person here. BUT I'm not going to pull any punches either - I don't have to do that anymore! PR and media coverage is just as important as cars and drivers on the grid, one goes with the other.

Jeff

turn 4 mad
16th March 2007, 21:44
Turn 4 Mad

I'm not knocking anyone here, I want SCSA to succeed as much, if not more, than the next person here. BUT I'm not going to pull any punches either - I don't have to do that anymore! PR and media coverage is just as important as cars and drivers on the grid, one goes with the other.

Jeff

jeff you must admit rockingham will never be the same without you, david grace and the rest of the good gang. i allways remember every race meeting in 2001-2002 a rockingham gentleman allways up in the stands giving out flyers for the racing, you dont get that anymore.
like you jeff when you were at rockingham-i hate seeing people on the forum slaging off scsa/rockingham in every thread ggoing, and no i dont mean you jeff.
p.s. i hope everythings working out ok for you, we miss you

Jeff Carter
16th March 2007, 23:16
jeff you must admit rockingham will never be the same without you, david grace and the rest of the good gang. i allways remember every race meeting in 2001-2002 a rockingham gentleman allways up in the stands giving out flyers for the racing, you dont get that anymore.
like you jeff when you were at rockingham-i hate seeing people on the forum slaging off scsa/rockingham in every thread ggoing, and no i dont mean you jeff.
p.s. i hope everythings working out ok for you, we miss you

I have to admit I do miss the enthusiasm that prevailed in 2001 and 2002 but a number of decisions were taken that, with hindsight, were probably not in the best interest of Rockingham's long term future.

However with the return of BTCC and British F3 in 2007 things are looking better for Rockingham on the motorsport front and the present management seem to be making headway with the corporate side of the business. The future for Rockingham seems a lot better than it did at the end of 2005.

Here's hoping SCSA can make an impact in 2007 as well.

Jeff

Reynard
16th March 2007, 23:40
Here's hoping SCSA can make an impact in 2007 as well.

Are you sure that "impact" is quite the right word, Jeff? ;) With all that magnetic concrete, maybe a different synonym would be more appropriate? :cheese:

Alfa Fan
17th March 2007, 01:52
A quick flick through the entry list compared to last years championship positions tells us that...

85 Malcolm Clein

BTCC with a Peugeot 307 probabily.

turn 4 mad
17th March 2007, 10:05
[quote="Al_Green"]A quick flick through the entry list compared to last years championship positions tells us that...

59 Lee O'Keefe

lee's missing as he is driving scsa cars this season with duncan

racing59
17th March 2007, 11:08
and will be 95 not 59!

kjb
17th March 2007, 17:27
i think you may have your numbers crossed rob!

Mike_Drummer
17th March 2007, 18:00
hello everyone im new to the forum (posted the SCSA drivers 2007???? thread) i just want to know whats going on and like someone said little snippets would be fantastic to keep people interested. and is 14 cars at the april meeting a realistic number or could there be more or less???

turn 4 mad
17th March 2007, 19:36
and will be 95 not 59!

wow, i herd 59 was a faster number than 95, no wonder you want that one rob...

racing59
17th March 2007, 23:08
It's mine I tell you. Mine! Mine!

So I am reliably informed by he who must be obeyed, Mr O'Keefe will by flying the 95 on the very same car. So it looks like the real deal! KaChow! All he needs now is Rust-Eze sponsorship!

His lease on my number has expired.

Who's running a green Lumina with 86 on it, with sponsorship from the "Hostile Takeover Bank - htB"?

I am still trying to get Paul Newman to be my crew chief.......

See you all soon!

Chigley
18th March 2007, 00:00
I think a schizo driver needs a dose of Ribena !!! ;)

Reynard
18th March 2007, 16:03
Well, I do have a lifesize Luigi stand-up lurking in my garage... ;)

hicksy
18th March 2007, 16:42
Well, I do have a lifesize Luigi stand-up lurking in my garage... ;)

I am afraid to ask.... :)

Reynard
18th March 2007, 18:17
I am afraid to ask.... :)

Nothing to be afraid of! LOL

Found him abandoned at the local recycling centre and well, I couldn't leave hime there, could I??? No luck with any of the other characters however.

racing59
19th March 2007, 06:34
I think a schizo driver needs a dose of Ribena !!! ;)

I told you in the past, I don't touch the stuff after being overdosed on it as a child!! That's why I'll be ignoring the blackcurrent jellybabies that you might throw from the gantry..

Schizo indeed. I'm perfectly sane.

And so am I.

You'll be expecting me to wear my Captain Chaos suit next, and become "Him" again.

Time to go to work. 0627..

Rob.

Duane
19th March 2007, 07:29
Hello All, very sorry for the late reply here but as stated the family have been in NZ visiting my Daughter, posiblly the first time we have trully switched off from our racing for 4 years, since we started KRRacing with Shaun.

Anyway i understand that after the flurry of news that was put out pre Autosport that it has been slow since, a few problems arose that have had to be delt with, decisions and some promisses agreed to just before we went away on march 1st will be checked on this week and news will follow asap.

5 weeks and 6 days to go !!!!

turn 4 mad
19th March 2007, 19:26
Hello All, very sorry for the late reply here but as stated the family have been in NZ visiting my Daughter, posiblly the first time we have trully switched off from our racing for 4 years, since we started KRRacing with Shaun.

Anyway i understand that after the flurry of news that was put out pre Autosport that it has been slow since, a few problems arose that have had to be delt with, decisions and some promisses agreed to just before we went away on march 1st will be checked on this week and news will follow asap.

5 weeks and 6 days to go !!!!

Who's this duane bloke anyway? is he new? does he have a new love for sheep? is the new team shirts fluffy and white? who know's

racing59
19th March 2007, 23:15
Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Right, we'll call him shawn then lad!

english4ever
20th March 2007, 18:16
Duaneo came to work today with his welly's on still looking for them sheep!! poor man still jet lagged i think.

BAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa The sound is still ringing in his ears

turn 4 mad
20th March 2007, 19:02
Duaneo came to work today with his welly's on still looking for them sheep!! poor man still jet lagged i think.

BAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa The sound is still ringing in his ears

just dont bend down in front of him tractor!!!!!!